Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Counterstance, Sneak Attack, and Trick Attack

Not sure if it's already here but... from the little testing I've done sneak attack and Trick attack work on counters but don't consume the buff. Well not sure if it put hate on the target in front of me but geared/atma'd up I get consistent 1K+ counters which is about the same as my normal hits. SA was with bully of course

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not sure if it's already here but... from the little testing I've done sneak attack and Trick attack work on counters but don't consume the buff. Well not sure if it put hate on the target in front of me but geared/atma'd up I get consistent 1K+ counters which is about the same as my normal hits. SA was with bully of course
    Been known for quite a while, at least for TA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Been known for quite a while, at least for TA.
    Ah I didn't. Does it still transfer hate from that hit?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ah I didn't. Does it still transfer hate from that hit?
    IIRC, no, though I haven't tested it myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If it doesn't that might be pretty cool. Perma enhanced dmg and forced crit if you just have some random guy in front of you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If it doesn't that might be pretty cool. Perma enhanced dmg and forced crit if you just have some random guy in front of you.
    (I think it actually *does* transfer hate, just counters give no hate or something, not sure.)

Anyway, you have to avoid swinging yourself, yet be engaged, so you need a target behind yours, and you need to keep having hate, so no one else can be damaging it.

Also, you need to have a high counter rate, which means /mnk and counterstance. Really, it seems of strictly limited use.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

heh, use Bully+SA+TA on Alfard or Fafnir or something. Upgrade TH super fast!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A pain setup to be sure but hey if you can average 1.5k each hit countering almost everything might be interesting. Part of what appeals to me is the fact you can do all kinds of stuff with your idling set now since haste doesn't matter. Think I'm going to play with it for now