1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 11 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 22 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    EX primals already give ilv 90 weapons. Having Levi drop ilv 90 weapons means you kill him once and never again.

I'm looking forward to Levi being Titan v2, and all the raging from everyone (granted I think it is dumb for them to make another pass/fail fight like they did titan because that shit doesn't have a place in mmo's to such an extent anymore). You are on a boat... that boat is 100% gonna be able to tip, capsize, and sink. And if there are no railings then you are for sure gonna be able to get pushed over
    Like Moogle Mog? Another MSQ fight?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    I wonder what they're adding for Levi Ex to make it "be much more difficult".
    More lag.

So fuck all this level 50 content. If this is the case, we better get equal amount of content for new level cap coming in the expansion (55? 60?)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Levi weapons will be i100 or greater. All our current gear is getting shit on. I hope it's like Hard mode weapon farming. Pretty tired of tokens.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Weapon farming like primal HMs will make Levi last longer, but I kinda like tokens so I can choose whatever I get. Maybe do it like 1.0 but keep the 100% weapon drop and a 100% token you can put towards purchasing a weapon of your choosing. Make it cost like 5 tokens? Because god knows all that ever drops for primals are summoner books.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"A Whole New Whorl."
    Holding out hope. <3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    Of course the weapons are going to be better than Allagan. If they aren't, what would be the point?

110 for Leviathan weapons, 115/120/whatever for the new set of Coil weapons(if there is a new set)
    Shit like this.. must be trollin'.

A one-time fight reward is going to be better than Coil weapon? Nah, son. Also, they won't jump 15 ilevels in one patch.

Leviathan weapons will be i95, MAYBE 100 (but he'll need to be extremely hard). New Coil gear will be 95 or 100 and new Coil weapons will be 105.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post

A one-time fight reward is going to be better than Coil weapon?
    Yeah it's not like T5 will be spammable after the patch or anything. All your current gear is going to get shit on, welcome to vertical progression.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah it's not like T5 will be spammable after the patch or anything. All your current gear is going to get shit on, welcome to vertical progression.
    By a margin that huge? No way. People are getting their progression speed confused because CT wasn't implemented at patch. People expect a 20 level increase because we had a 20 level increase from Darklight to Coil. But they're forgetting that we were supposed to be i80 before attempting Coil if things had been on schedule.

The new content will be tuned for i90 in the same way that the old Coil was tuned for i80. So anyone with an i90+ character (i90 plus i95 weapon) will be right on par, if not slightly above it, for the new content. Expecting another 20 level jump is way off.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It hardly matters if it's i95 or not - when the first level cap increase hits, the iLevel is going down anyway and the weapons will be nerfed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My money is on levi weapons being higher than T5. It's the only thing that makes sense.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

By a margin that huge? No way. People are getting their progression speed confused because CT wasn't implemented at patch. People expect a 20 level increase because we had a 20 level increase from Darklight to Coil. But they're forgetting that we were supposed to be i80 before attempting Coil if things had been on schedule.

The new content will be tuned for i90 in the same way that the old Coil was tuned for i80. So anyone with an i90+ character (i90 plus i95 weapon) will be right on par, if not slightly above it, for the new content. Expecting another 20 level jump is way off.
    You'll notice I cut out the part of the quote with the actual numbers. I don't think it'll be a margin that big either, but I still think it will outdo T5.

But since you bring up CT, you're forgetting that the next CT will once again be implemented after 2.2 and will once again be LOWER ilvl than coil. So it could very well be that the fights will be super hard at first and tuned for when you are properly geared with the next CT. It doesn't make sense, but that's how SE seems to be doing it.

I still think Levi weapon will slightly outdo T5 and then with the next CT we'll get even stronger weapons.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

A one-time fight reward is going to be better than Coil weapon? Nah, son. Also, they won't jump 15 ilevels in one patch.

Leviathan weapons will be i95, MAYBE 100 (but he'll need to be extremely hard). New Coil gear will be 95 or 100 and new Coil weapons will be 105.
    so in 2.3 where will CT2 stand? will se a jump of at least 20 lvls so that CT gear can be weaker then Coil when it drops.

My mony is on ilvl 110.

-crafted gear i = i90 now, CT will be 100 and coil will be 110 with weps maybe 115. Coil is going to be hard again just like when the game came out. Gear will be crap and people will need to be at the top of their game seeing as our current coil gear will be like DL was. Maybe a little better if our new stone gear does not have a cap like in the past.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

ilv inflation is gonna happen really fast in this game. I think Coil 2.0 almost has to be a 15-20 ilv jump. If there was not CT then I think 10 ilv's would be perfect, but in 3 more months there will be a CT patch to bridge the gap between Coil 2.0. A 10 ilv difference is not that huge in this game, but a 5 ilv difference is literally nothing. So if they only increase Coil 2/0 by 10ilv then CT will be ilv 95, which is literally nothing.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If the content is supposed to be vertical progression and they're releasing enough stuff in 2.2 to give everyone an entirely new armor set, new weapons, and new accessories, it will DEFINITELY be i100 or higher at the top level.

If not, you're going to be able to clear the hardest stuff in the patch without even bothering with the new gear. That is horrible design and every MMO designer worth a shit actively tries to avoid it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    My money is on levi weapons being higher than T5. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    Or be 95 just like Coil?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My theory: Myth-crafted i90, 2.3 CT i100, Coil 6-9 i110. It "makes sense" if we assume 20 ilvl jumps to be from "the new darklight" to "top tier", with CT being the filler.

I don't see Levi weapons being higher than i90, maybe i95, though my reasoning is pretty weak:
    -People complain Titan (i80 reward relic) is too hard, Moogle is added via MSQ with i75 to "ease the fight"
    -People complain T5 is too hard (i95 reward), Levi Hard is added via MSQ with i90?

If the jump is less, some content is going to be redundant or we're going to be getting into only i5 jumps. Which wouldn't be so bad I guess since you might have some actual choice between say a i95 and i100 slot depending on secondaries.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

myth is getting uncapped and extreme primals/twintania are getting the echo buff, adding i90 leviathan weapons would be extremely redundant

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If the weapons drop from hard mode (story mode), then redundant is going to be the intent (see: existing hard modes / moogle). If they drop from extreme, then yeah, you have a point.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Inb4 twist, different weapons drop from both HM and EX.