1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Power Creep     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    I think someone suggested a few weeks back on OF to implement a "Binds That Tie IV" achievement which just rewards a weapon of your choice. Say for 15 or 20 kills or something. 4 or 5 months of killing Twintania every week is enough, by that point you're just getting frustrated with RNG and weapons are dropping that will never get used.
    That's... a very good idea.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Six months is not extreme by WoW standard, which I guess you could say is extreme if you want, but you could just as easily say it's the standard and therefore cannot be either.

They release an expansion every two years (on average) and a major content patch every 6 months. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that they are not taking the exact same approach with this game, given they are already talking about an expansion to be released in late 2014, which is actually ahead of schedule for WoW's release cycle. The six month patch cycle is about on pace though; it's been eight months since this game came out. Maybe a little less.
    Its not extreme by WoW standards, but you're on a forum dedicated to FF purists. You have to keep that context in mind when making these statements.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    I think someone suggested a few weeks back on OF to implement a "Binds That Tie IV" achievement which just rewards a weapon of your choice. Say for 15 or 20 kills or something. 4 or 5 months of killing Twintania every week is enough, by that point you're just getting frustrated with RNG and weapons are dropping that will never get used.
    This (and what Sath said). It took me 10 tries to get my MNK weapon, which is frustrating as all hell when I see Allagan Spears going to people who don't even have the job leveled. I know people who have been killing this for this long, or longer, who STILL haven't gotten the weapon they wanted.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Crescendo View Post
    On the subject of gear progression, didn't Yoshi-P already state in an interview sometime a while back that right now they are simply laying the foundation for balance before they start adding the more interesting pieces of equipment? Something along the lines of how they didn't want to start adding a flurry of unique effects to equipment this early in the games lifespan, before being certain that the jobs were balanced properly.

I think I might be confusing it with something else though, since I'm not finding it through google-fu

I agree with a lot of people though, and I really do hope that they start adding more varieties of gear to choose while remaining on the same ilvl line and avoiding power creep as much as possible (though the fact that the ilvl display in your character panel is 4 digits long does not bode well...).

If 2.2/2.3 ends up bringing the new AF2/3 Armor Sets which end up being IDENTICAL to your Job Myth Sets but instead have +3 to all listed stats, it'll get old... real fast.
    Sure hope so, the vanilla itemization is about as lazy and boring as you can get with regards to item progression. Fun and unique little special effects are what I've used over the years to propel me towards that next piece of gear, that shiny lil trinket or what have you. Not interested in grinding in a game where the people are shit and the progression is summed up by spinning a wheel for +1/2/3.

Vanity is great but some substance is also in demand. This game wants strict builds to avoid the balance mess that was its predecessor then we've got to at least make the gear unique enough for people to give small fucks about them before they inevitably get junked for the next 'cool' piece.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have never seen a healer body drop at all ever and have been doing T4 clears since the start. Got my first T5 win a couple of weeks back. I was lucky and got the PLD sword as it went free lot. I know multiple PLDs who have been main PLD and have cleared T5 way more than me and still have not got it! The MNK Body and Weapon went free lot last week... Its just too random for gated content... Has Yoshi or the Dev team even commented on that why everything else nearly offers a token system but Coil does not?

I spend too much time trying to cover a few jobs so as such i now have a i86 WHM PLD & BRD and i80-84 SCH,DRG,BLM... Think ill just pick one class for 2.2 and get it to the ilvl cap!