+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm playing on an almost-daily basis.

People are doing HNMs, Dynamis, and Sky. Limbus should be working in the next server update so working on getting sea now.

It's a good time to join in if anyone was on the fence.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What is the point of playing on a server like this? I play on Nasomi some but even that server doesn't feel classic enough to me. I don't see how making a server that is even easier than ridiculous retail ffxi is now makes for an enjoyable lasting game experience, but maybe I'm just crazy.

Funny thing is...it is not easy. The only 'easy' thing is leveling.

I dabble in Nasomi's and as much as I'd like to try this out, I can't figure out how to setup the Ashita launcher to run it. The instructions are a little confusing, as if it were an older version of Ashita or something...

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I dabble in Nasomi's and as much as I'd like to try this out, I can't figure out how to setup the Ashita launcher to run it. The instructions are a little confusing, as if it were an older version of Ashita or something...
    You have Nasomi's set up?

Just edit a config file to use the server name in the instructions. All it comes down to, once you have the FFXI install figured out, is changing the server address.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    You have Nasomi's set up?

Just edit a config file to use the server name in the instructions. All it comes down to, once you have the FFXI install figured out, is changing the server address.
    I figured it out! The config files and editing username/password lines, took me a minute.

I installed Adoulin, so... kinda having to repair files again. Ashita wasn't launching game after the command prompt boot screen.

Yep its workin!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm looking for a good private server my only issue is I'm not a fan of increased rates as I feel it spoils the progression of games, so my question is if there is a posibility of a x1 rate server or world I ask because so far this seems to be the most complete server I have come across.

Try Nasomi's if you want x1.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

2 Questions.

I just have 2 questions:

1. Is this server still up and running?

2. I've recently installed FFXI for a different server that is apparently no longer running, is there an easy way to change some settings and have it connect to this server, or do I have to completely re-download, install and update?

Edit: I do not smell like onions.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JuddHound View Post
    I just have 2 questions:

1. Is this server still up and running?

2. I've recently installed FFXI for a different server that is apparently no longer running, is there an easy way to change some settings and have it connect to this server, or do I have to completely re-download, install and update?

Edit: I do not smell like onions.
    1.Yes, Im on it now.

2. You may have to update FFXI through Playonline by running a file check. Other than that you jsut need to change the server address in your launcher and put in the correct username/password information.

Had a bit of fun last night doing Page Party in Qufim/Yuhtunga

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I've been waiting a couple days myself for an account. Still waiting patiently. Hoping whatever backlog the administrator has will end soon. Kind of getting antsy to play!

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never got a response either. Guess the admins went missing.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The admin has finals and is studying for them. He's off and on. If you've only been waiting a day or two he may not have gotten to it yet.

EDIT: I can assure you the server is still running and most content that is advertised to be available is working, other than some shifted NPC IDs from S-E's updates.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

He does get to account requests eventually. It's worth the wait.... I'm enjoying myself immensely.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It has been over a week for me, I understand real life and am not concerned or angry, just went and found another server. I am trying out the era server right now. similar to this one.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The forums have moved to http://www.gamerzprojectxi.com/index.php for those who are interested.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I fucking hate how touchy the ashita client and setup for these private servers are. I noticed this server utilizes SOA content so I installed that and tried to update the files and it broke the install and now I have to reinstall and do that fucking update again ;_;!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    I fucking hate how touchy the ashita client and setup for these private servers are. I noticed this server utilizes SOA content so I installed that and tried to update the files and it broke the install and now I have to reinstall and do that fucking update again ;_;!!!
    While I'm not familiar with this server in particular, installing SoA (or any other expansion) and updating to the latest client version are going to use PlayOnline, not Ashita. The update process runs through the normal PlayOnline client, so the process should be the same as if you were running retail. Perhaps you could elaborate on how you updated and what broke during the process. If they have any special instructions for their server, that may be your problem.

Ashita itself is just a windowing application (like Windower). Ashita allows you to specify a different boot file (in this case, the bootmod version of pol.exe), which emulates the client and allows it to connect to a non-standard server.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Heres the process of which my frustration was born.

1. Ashita runs from a previous installation and I set it up to login to Shinra server.
    2. Login to Shinra, notice that it uses SOA files so I make note to install SOA expansion upon next logout.
    3. Logout, download SOA, install SOA.
    4. Login to POL to attempt to check files to update to latest version.
    5. Notice I can't 'check' ffxi files only POL and Tetra show up. Say fuck it and try to play without latest SOA files.
    6. Start Ashita, login to shinra and the hook or whatever it does to start the FFXI process after login fails and the program exits. (was working on last login before installing SOA)
    6.5. Try reinstalling Ashita and doing last few steps regarding moving files from POL to FFXI directory. After failing...

7. http://th105.photobucket.com/albums/...d0b005def1.gif