+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Knight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Or a fan of TAS. I never read any of the comics.

I still need to get a start on Origins despite the waving criticism. But I need to beat Xillia first.
    I don't think Origins was bad, it just wasn't as good as the first 2. Some of the fights are pretty fun, but the game is pretty slow to start (doesn't really get interesting until Joker starts showing up).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I believe that was the general complaint. City greatly expanded on what Asylum did, whereas Origins didn't exactly bring anything to the table. Friend also said there is a glitch that can halt your progress as well, dunno much about that though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I believe that was the general complaint. City greatly expanded on what Asylum did, whereas Origins didn't exactly bring anything to the table. Friend also said there is a glitch that can halt your progress as well, dunno much about that though.
    Don't know about halting progress, but I know that using quick travel could eventually lock up your game. It caused my game to stutter on more than one occasion. Haven't played it since beating it in the first few days, but I think they patched it.

My main complaint about Origins was part of the upgrading/unlock system. Different things to do (like not be spotted in a predator room), but you had to do them in order. There was a limited number of predator rooms (non-repeatable) and if you messed up you couldn't get all goals in that line. I did one of the final rooms successfully, then died in the next battle. Game reloaded after the room clear, but I no longer had the accomplishment unlocked.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

My big complaint is what you've already mentioned. Asylum introduced us to an excellent Batman game, City expanded it all, showing that the whole thing could occur in a wide open space. Origins was just a wider space that took the things from City and more than not just adding something to it, it forced the entirety of Gotham to fit inside of the context of Arkham City.

I'd love to be able to ride the batmobile in the new one, I hope they come up with at least some improvements and don't just take the safe road

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They already said you can ride it.

Niiice. Been waiting for this. I wanna see some gameplay videos, though.

This makes me wanna go back and finish the platinum for City. Just need to do the last couple challenges. Shit, I still need to play Origins too.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

some in-game screenshots, looking real good on next-gen

http://consolelife.ru/xbox-one/14251...am-knight.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wow.. That looks gorgeous..

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It sure does

BG Level

Site doesn't want to load for me, FML

EDIT: Now it's loading... sorta. Holy crap I need a PS4 for when this gem comes out.

wow that really looks great

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game details
    Batman: Arkham Knight is scheduled for release this year on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and developer Rocksteady have shared with Game Informer magazine that “Arkham Knight” is not just the game’s title, but also the name of a new character.

The Arkham Knight is a new archrival to Batman, who has been created by DC’s Chief Creative Office, Geoff Johns. The character will present a challenge to Batman in a number of ways. Batman will once again be voiced by Kevin Conroy, and voice actors for the game’s villains be returning to their roles from Arkham City as well.

On the gameplay front, Rocksteady say that the structure of Gotham City has been rethought to accommodate the Batmobile and street traffic. Batman: Arkham Knight takes place in a central zone of Gotham, which is about five times the size of Arkham City. It’s divided into three islands, and Rocksteady say the goal is to create a rich and dense open-world, as opposed to the largest open-world.

As far as the Batmobile is concerned, you’ll be able to call upon the car at the touch of a button. It’s able to perform burnouts, jumps, boosts, and “rotate in a circle at a full stop” to get you pointed in the right direction. You’ll be able to swap between being in and out of the Batmobile depending on what the mission at hand requires. When you’re within range of a key point, you’ll also be able to eject right out of the Batmobile and into a fast glide.

Finally, story-wise, Rocksteady revealed that Batman: Arkham Knight takes place one year after Arkham City. Since the events of Arkham City, the crime rate has dropped, but naturally Batman continues to fight crime. Oracle will play a bigger role in the game this time around, and you’ll actually get to see her. Like in the pre-New 52 comic continuity that most are familiar with, Barbara was paralysed by the Joker.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05...ans-new-rival/
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...eaks-and-more/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/arkhamknight.aspx

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the arkham knight is like iron batman
    http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-cont...t2-515x288.png

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Holy detail batman

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

WOW

let's hope it can actually run well

BG Level

I am loving that armor.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

And the villain's design

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Glad the Knight has actual pants. I liked the design but it was starting to look too much like an like Iron Man Batman.