+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

They're kinda related, but both are strong character driven stories (Baccano! can be likened to Pulp Fiction in terms of story telling) with great visuals and music. Definitely worth a look.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    They're kinda related, but both are strong character driven stories (Baccano! can be likened to Pulp Fiction in terms of story telling) with great visuals and music. Definitely worth a look.
    To expand on this, both Baccano! and Durarara are LN series by the same person. They feature loads of characters interacting in unusual, interesting, and often unexpected ways. I highly recommend both series.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sounds like I'll have to watch em both. Does it matter which one I watch first? They're not related at all it seems like

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They're only related by the author, so watch them in any order you prefer. Or, if you want to challenge hard mode, watch alternating episodes from each series.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They're not directly related no, but they do take place in the same world. I'd watch Baccano! first, because there is a slight spoiler for a couple of it's characters used as a gag in Durarara.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-new-tv-series

No moeshit Ranka-type pandering this time, and less terrible aspects of Frontier please.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Railgun S OVA

Kuroko insanity is always the highlight on these fanservice specials. other than that it was pretty forgettable.
    Spoiler: show

Hopefully Ano Natsu de Matteru OVA will fair better since they're doing a decent job promoting it(like when Staff did Toradora OVA for BD Box set).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-new-tv-series

No moeshit Ranka-type pandering this time, and less terrible aspects of Frontier please.
    http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...pqbsw32nxb.jpg
    I'm so excited!!

Also, is it just me, or does that look shockingly like the Macross 1 (I can't remember if they fixed the main guns in later series or not..).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Random Curiosity just posted their detailed Spring preview. http://randomc.net/2014/03/27/spring-2014-preview/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

UPDATE

Thanks for everyone's patience, but we now have the details of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure coming to Crunchyroll! Not only will be be streaming the latest series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, but we'll also have the first season up as well!

Both will be available starting on Friday, April 4, at 9:30am Pacific Time, 1 hour after Japanese broadcast, and will be available for Crunchyroll members WORLDWIDE ex Japan!

Let the rejoicing begin!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I need gg subs for my jojo viewing pleasure. ; ; They were absolutely perfect for the previous season. Literal translations are just inferior.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Looks like I'll try to check out:

Akuma no Riddle (yaaay yuri potential)
    Selector Infected WIXOSS (the new Madoka? or the new failure of a magical-girl-esque show)
    Mushishi fuck yeah
    Captain Earth
    Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
    Isshuukan Friends
    Black Bullet
    No Game no life
    Ryuugajou Nanana
    Sidonia no kishi (what an interesting plot)
    Mekaku City Actors
    M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane (because Sato Junichi, who has created some of my very favorite animes and directed Aria which is also awesome)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler Ep1

It was okay. It looks pretty rough in parts, and I think they could've handled the flow better. Same for the editing, it's kinda inconsistent with some nice touches mixed in with blander sections. while the characters seem pretty generic, the show is well produced. Humor kinda works if your into moaning and boob fondling power up, Mecha action is lacking but at least it's animated.

PS Show is uncensored.

Selector Infected WIXOSS Ep1

First episode wasn't that great, though slightly disappointing, yet I’m expecting quite a bit more for future episodes, because, despite the flaws present in this episode, the characters and story definitely have a lot of potential. Of course, there's barely any subtlety in it's execution, but that's hardly a complaint, since that's part of it's distinguishing appeal from the other card battle series.

Mushishi Zoku Shou Ep1

This was a really impressive first episode on all counts. In fact one of the best I've seen in quite some time.the non linear storytelling, the quality of direction, etc, but one thing I found really engrossing about it was the incredibly oppressive atmosphere present throughout the episode. All parts of the production really tie into this feeling of unease and uncertainty with what is happening. The music, the direction, the art, all work together in cohesion. I was completely hooked into all the details as the episode progressed. The episode peels away some small layers of the story and characters, and all the while the audience is really left in this state of suspense. Everything felt very mysterious, it really gets you into the mindset.

Really lived up to my hype.

Avengers Disk Wars Ep1

Seikoku no Dragonar Ep 1

Oh boy did this episode not do a great job on selling its series. The main character is one of the most obnoxiously timid, self-loathing protagonists I've seen. I mean, the character development is awfully lacking, the scripts are heavy in exposition and low on excitement, and the main character is rather unbearable. all the female characters introduced so far are basically characteristics from a harem checklist. the sexualization is up your face with no sense of fun or irony to them. It'll be nice if they can turn the show around at some point, but it isn't looking likely. I don't think I can survive another episode. .

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mahouka Ep1

The incest pandering is really distracting. what a waste for a MC with badass attitude.

Captain Earth Ep1

Pretty good episode, and rather impressive they combined mecha action with space opera. also it gave me a lot of Star Driver feels, which is good.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wincest you say? Gonna have to check that one out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Mahouka 01
    The incest doesn't bother me from enjoying the fact we have a badass protagonist this season. Siblings love is far more common in anime nowadays that it doesn't faze me at all. However, a non wimpy main character? Need more of that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp, Ippo is once again finished but YowaPedal is still going strong. But there are 2 new sports animes that just started, both of which I've been reading/have read the manga for.

Baby Steps was a decent first episode. I forgot how slow the series kind of starts off, but it picks up quite a bit eventually. Not really sure if I like the choices in voice actors though. Just didn't seem to fit the characters for me, but then again I've been reading this series long before I knew there was going to be an anime and maybe I just had different voices in mind while reading. I'm sure they'll grow on me. But the first episode was just kind of okay so far.

Haikyuu was surprisingly good. I have a hard time reading the manga because I find the drawing style a little crude. But the anime was gorgeous, really well animated. The voices suited the characters and the first episode had just enough sentimentality to draw you in, but not flood you with too much excessive feels. The flashbacks intertwined with the game was a great touch!

Edit: I forgot Daiya no Ace is still going on too. Another good show

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Non-sports post, Isshuukan Friends is most likely going to be the cutesy, mega-feels series of the season. First episode was really enjoyable and the animation style reminded me of Kimi to Boku a lot, which was another slice of life anime I really enjoyed. Gonna take a wild guess and not do any research at all and guess that both series are done by the same studio

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Watched the first episode of this season of DBKai. Nostalgic for sure; but I was expected the "Kai" in DB Kai. Doesn't look remastered at all. Quality is shit, but I'm still gonna stick around for the ride.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Watched the first episode of this season of DBKai. Nostalgic for sure; but I was expected the "Kai" in DB Kai. Doesn't look remastered at all. Quality is shit, but I'm still gonna stick around for the ride.
    Does it have the same godawful DNR and crushed blacks that previous 'remasters' have suffered?