+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Selector Infected WIXOSS Ep 4

Considering how broken all the girls are, I seriously though she was going for a kiss when this happened.
    ]

Steven Universe

I knew the creator was big anime fan but the amount Utena references is crazy(some of the dialogue is taken straight from it).
    Spoiler: show

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post

I don't even know what's going on in Black Bullet anymore, I just watch it for Enju.
    apparently a lot do, theirs been a lot of... "fan art" >.>

Lots of interesting anime this season, isn't coming out fast enough O_o (especially the ATX ones)

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

was not expecting the
    bath scene

in Byrnhildr this week

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Guess I gotta go check out Byrnhildr now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm still not sure what to think about The Irregular at Magic High School. I liked that the main character was the serious type and competent, then I was worried that the cast would consist of way too many females swooning over him, which was somewhat alleviated when a few more males surfaced. Now it feels a little like his alpha-male tendencies are being overplayed with almost all females around him, at least in parts, falling to his charm, including his sister, that has displayed an astounding lack of personality so far but still gets so much screentime for her "Onii-sama, Onii-sama".

I'm kind of worried the Anime is going to lose itself somewhere between all the incest and omnipotent solitary male vibes, though I've still got my hopes high, seeing how it does have an interesting setup that does get me to think.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like it. I'm overlooking the harem and "onii-sama" in favor of the set up. Love magic school shit with a set of rules the characters follow. They were able to raise some interesting enough questions that it will keep me curious.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    I'm still not sure what to think about The Irregular at Magic High School. I liked that the main character was the serious type and competent, then I was worried that the cast would consist of way too many females swooning over him, which was somewhat alleviated when a few more males surfaced. Now it feels a little like his alpha-male tendencies are being overplayed with almost all females around him, at least in parts, falling to his charm, including his sister that has displayed an astounding lack of personality so far but still gets so much screentime for her "Onii-sama, Onii-sama".

Kind of worried the Anime is going to lose itself somewhere between all the incest and omnipotent solitary male vibes, though I've still got my hopes high, seeing how it does have an interesting setup that does get me to think.

Its following the manga pretty well so far... and...!

If your wondering the other females cept like 1 actually seemingly "really" likes him, or has some interest in him, it seems the other girls like other guys and or just messing with him to "use him" you could say. For example the kendo club or whatever sword girl you find out later is actually following orders to hypnosis and is only doing somewhat as commanded/suggested, she actually likes some other guy.

also, here's to hoping the anime goes further then the manga, which seems to end after the... uhh (forgot name) mystery society that the recent episode talks about, at the rate its going it will end at around 11 episodes maybe? Kinda wish the manga went on further....

It's an interesting show, but holy shit does the little sister moe-shit ruin it. Almost unbearably bad.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Started watching Hunter x Hunter. This shit is fun to watch, and I absolutely love Hisoka as a villain. Just watched episode 36, and holy shit were the past two episodes glorious. Dat fuckin' schwing. Hisoka is one of my favoritist characters ever.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

it gets MUCH better, the epic just keeps on going and still going

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just finished 47. Hell fucking yes Kurapika. Dem powers. Sukoshi OP!? I think fucking so. All that blood. This is what a long running shounen should try to be like. Kurapika's revenge is making Sasuke look like a retarded teletubby. One Piece has me sold on adventure and characters, but this is just something else. Sorry, my brain was full of holy shit fuck yes that all I could do was type one liners. I don't want to sleep anymore.

Also I'm glad I'm watching this instead of reading the manga. Hisoka's VA really makes the character amazing. Sort of related as well: I've replaced the reality with my fiction where Kurapika is actually a female, partially because that VA (Kanbaru, Minfilia, etc) does strong willed female characters amazingly well.

I'm the type of person that absolutely loves when main characters have something special about them that's hidden and OP. Kurapika's ability to go 100% everything is an example of that, and I fucking love it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's an interesting show, but holy shit does the little sister moe-shit ruin it. Almost unbearably bad.
    Poor Miyuki has no idea. She doesn't stand a chance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Deadgye, you are in for a load of awesome that is Hunter x Hunter. It gets so much better. I said so many times, but I believe this iteration of Hunter x Hunter is the best shounen series. Story, characters, animation. All top notch.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just finished episode 58; ED tells me the arc just ended and I'm starting the greed island arc. Absolutely loving everything about this show. I think I woke up at 6pm est yesterday. Normally I'd either continue watching until I passed out, or sleep now since an arc transition is the perfect time to do so. However I apparently have a doctors appointment at 6pm today that I made like 2 months ago. If I try to do something boring or try to get a quick nap in I'm going to miss my doctors appointment...

Looks like I'm in this for the long haul. It's been forever since I watched this many episodes or anime in a row. I'm probably above 36 in a row by now.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Ping Pong is surprisingly good.
    the old man had me laughing in episode 2.
    Tsukimoto was brazen as hell in ep3 vs the guy from China.
    The music is awesome, definitely interested in the soundtrack when/if it comes out.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mangaka to assistant is pretty good.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Passed out and missed my doctors appointment, oh well time to watch more Hunter x Hunter.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK EVERYTHING I HOPE THESE THINGS BURN IN HELL

Ponzu ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK EVERYTHING I HOPE THESE THINGS BURN IN HELL

Ponzu ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
    Woah there, better slowdown, your going to catchup with the current airing of the anime and actually start reading the manga which...

Sorta stopped at a interesting point also... I wonder if the anime will go that far or end before going into the forbidden continent stuff and the (fake?) son of netero guy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I won't rest until I know every one of those fuckers is dead. That felt like I was watching the first episode of ga rei zero all over again. I was so sad. ; ;

SHE LOVED HIM AND NOW SHE'S DEAD! ; ;

And now 5 episodes later... another death. I know when I look back I'm going to recount this as the best long running shounen ever. A story with an author who doesn't shy away from killing his characters. But still holy shit does it make you sad when they die. In a show like game of thrones everything is dark, so when a character dies it fits the theme and is expected. But Gon's outlook is a bright shounen outlook. It creates such a big contrast that when people die you don't expect it, you don't want it to believe it, and you flat out don't want it. ; ;

Gon: Kite is definitely alive! ZETTAI NI
    *scene change to Kite's severed head*

I can't take it man. it's so sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast