1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I wouldn't place too much stock in job/class conventions when it comes to NPCs.
    Pretty much. They design/give them skills to make the useful to us as players, not accurate or conforming to the lore/player standards for jobs.

Mimic? single side horn?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    The ears are not from any race in game, and it makes sense as a teaser since she is fully clothed up and can't see any features. Bunny race confirmed?
    Clearly it's a Viera. They won the player Poll for new races.
    Spoiler: show
    New Character: Yugiri
    Hailing from the nation of Doma on the shores of Othard, Yugiri and her countrymen have fled their war-torn home and the oppression of Garlean rule in search of refuge. With supplies and hopes for survival dwindling, Yugiri seeks council with Eorzea’s leaders, that they too may call this land their home.
    On top of that it's almost Easter. May be a little too soon for playable, but would make sense to introduce them now if they're going to be added to the first expansion.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's a common misconception that Viera "won" the player poll for a new race. We voted for a new beastmen hybrid race where Viera was used as an example and Yoshi-P noted that he feels that them putting Viera in that question heavily skewed that poll option. Might be a new race or just a Mi'qote with a unique look but it's def not the Viera that we've come to know from Ivalice.

The angle the face is at would def show a second "ear" if there was one imo.

Could be a Viera Bangaa Hybrid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yoshida told me to keep this under wraps, but since you guessed right...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pA87hy_bi_...0/viangaa1.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Onii-chan.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He's just a bossmode Gladiator.

Pretty sure SE can change the assets tied to any one NPC at any time. Also goes for assets tied to jobs, much like how they rolled the Sentinel job into Gladiator. They are likely taking out the time to start filtering in future concepts through the story, much like they did with FFXI.

I'll just lean toward the hood being oddly made, myself. More races before more jobs otherwise implies a peculiar taste of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    Yoshida told me to keep this under wraps, but since you guessed right...
    Yeah I remember seeing these back in one of last years Live Letters, was it not.

Using that design as a basis I assumed they went so far as to probably change the Face to more closely resemble a Viera (judging by the picture, no snout) and probably make the skin scaley or reptilian like instead of the usual overuse of Fur.

I'm all for Viera faced Argonians.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it was an April Fools joke.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I think it was an April Fools joke.
    Yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'll just lean toward the hood being oddly made, myself. More races before more jobs otherwise implies a peculiar taste of priorities.
    Frankly I think they'd of released musketeer by now if not for the fact that there's a serious tank shortage. They probably had it planned after summoner/scholar and didn't realize they needed to release another tank first. So they're holding off. Notice the reference to Doma with the drop of this new character as well. They're probably laying the lore down to introduce new races and jobs.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The problem with the shortage of tanks is not from lack of tanking jobs (2 out of 9) but from lack of players willing to take on those roles. Another tanking job wouldn't really alleviate the situation much.

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    The problem with the shortage of tanks is not from lack of tanking jobs (2 out of 9) but from lack of players willing to take on those roles. Another tanking job wouldn't really alleviate the situation much.
    The point of new jobs is to get those who don't ordinarily like the role to play the role.

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The point of new jobs is to get those who don't ordinarily like the role to play the role.
    And that would be an extremely short sighted solution, as it only alleviates the issue for a short while. The root problem in here is that the DPS to Tank/Healer ratio is far off from what most players prefer playing as with the party sizes and setups SE enforces.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Theres always going to be a shortage of people willing to play the tank role but adding new tank jobs will get people to least try it out and maybe stick with it. Theres also some jobs if they added people would play it regardless of what role it is. Good example is if Samurai is added as a tank there will be tons of people, most of which probably don't like tanks that would play tank simply because it is samurai. Adding tank mounts and etc will help too but in the end theres always gonna be more people that wanna deeps then do anything else.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

New jobs bring new mechanics that hopefully win people over and they look past the actual role they are playing. I know a couple people that dislike healing but the mechanics of SCH sit well with them so they don't mind taking the mantle of healer. I personally don't like how tanking is done in this game so I rarely ever tank anything but if a new tank class appears that fits my fancy (more active blocking, parrying, and dodging individual moves), I'd tank more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Viena View Post
    And that would be an extremely short sighted solution, as it only alleviates the issue for a short while.
    I fail to see how a new job is a short term solution. It doesn't matter what the party setup or composition is if people don't play the jobs in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast