1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ele D'troy
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If you don't pull and instead OT at the beginning you will Provoke off of the Paladins built up aggro and by then they should be way ahead.

Paladin ripping hate after tank swap might be tricky, but as long as your Paladin switches to Sword I doubt there would be an issue.

As OT in T10, like Bokchoy said, can just go ham with OP.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm mostly worried about Paladin ripping aggro, even with Sword Oath. He will have to use Fracture probably, which is a TP loss but my Goad will give it back.

Not worried about Monk or Ninja. I'm gonna have to use two Butcher's Blocks for each Maim combo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Realistically, you don't have to actually tank for very long. Is there any reason you couldn't do Revelation T11 Primary/Secondary head style, just voke immediately before Revelation starts casting, take that one hit, and have the PLD already have hate back afterwards? The only thing I can think of is that Bennus are out during revelation, but you could just holmgang to deal with that.

Hmmm........

PLD or WAR + MRDx3, MRDs take turns Voke + Perfect Dodging Revelations, never have to get hit by any of them!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

6 WAR/MRD T11, give 0 fucks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ideas on platinum melds where you're not spending millions of gil on T4s per acc? Thinking this for the two I have so far:

Scarf of Slaying 21VIT cap 13DET cap 19CRIT/ACC cap
    VIT IV (+8)
    VIT IV (+8)
    VIT III (+4)
    Total +20VIT

DET III (+4)
    DET III (+4)
    Total +8DET

or

ACC III (+6)
    ACC III (+6)
    Total +12ACC

Already expensive here with two VIT IVs and all that since apparently 1 slot was a good idea. The IIIs aren't cheap either when you consider how high the break rate is going to be at that point.

Bangles of Slaying 21VIT cap 13DET cap 19CRIT/SS cap
    VIT IV (+8)
    VIT IV (+8)
    VIT III (+4)
    Total +20VIT

DET III (+4)
    DET III (+4)
    Total +8DET

or

SS III (+6)
    SS III (+6)
    Total +12SS

Same as before, unsure what stats to stick on these. Will need to see what my SS is at beforehand.

Thinking this is probably as cheap as they get before becoming a wasted potential type thing? Thinking maybe Bangles of Fending wouldn't be a terrible choice here either with STR and ACC melds

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Paladin VS Warrior : Battle of the Off Tank DPS

Yeah that's pretty much it. Unfortunately tier IVs are borderline insufficient to make these accessories great in 4 melds. You're forced to use 3 vits regardless so you're stuck either doing 2 dets, 2 crits, 2 accuracy or 2 speeds depending on what's already there (and accuracy is the priority 99% of the time anyway). Two tier IVs of either don't cap those secondaries so, imo, you're almost better off going going the cheapo route and spread the utility across 4 accessories over time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just finished my set yesterday. 11mil in melds, mostly due to VIT IVs and a few horrendous break streaks.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/5098390/

Slaying Neck: VIT IV,IV,III Acc III Det III
    Fending Ear: STR IV,IV,III Det III,III
    Fending Wrist: STR IV,IV,III Acc III, Det III
    Slaying Rings: VIT IV,IV,III Acc III, Det III

Puts me at 559 acc without food. Coil RNG has been incredibly unfriendly to me (since turn 1) but depending on RNG those melds should hold up to a ton of builds.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I ended up going with these:

Saw 0 point in Slaying wrists when they're just more expensive for 1 less VIT. Gain a couple extra acc but whatever. Will probably go with Fending earrings too with VIT4/VIT4/VIT3/DET3/DET3 and skip the rings. Currently my stats solo without food (but with Defiance) and a single Fending accessory (earrings) are:

So with food, party buff, and melded earrings (not to mention upgrading the rest of my left side; head and belt still 120 as is the body but I'm almost considering the demon body BiS regardless unless I calculated DTM and Crit stat weights wrong) I meet every stat requirement for 13 and then some.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I ended up going with these:

Saw 0 point in Slaying wrists when they're just more expensive for 1 less VIT. Gain a couple extra acc but whatever. Will probably go with Fending earrings too with VIT4/VIT4/VIT3/DET3/DET3 and skip the rings. Currently my stats solo without food (but with Defiance) and a single Fending accessory (earrings) are:

So with food, party buff, and melded earrings (not to mention upgrading the rest of my left side; head and belt still 120 as is the body but I'm almost considering the demon body BiS regardless unless I calculated DTM and Crit stat weights wrong) I meet every stat requirement for 13 and then some.
    Personally I would just drop the fending accessory in that set, should still keep you over 10k with food and party buff.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

made these instead

cost about 6m total for all 3 accessories. some could argue it wasn't worth it, but i wasn't going to be defeated by jewelery.

also it's crit because after the 16th broken 25k DET 3 I said i don't care about the extra .1 DPS weight

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I did the dumbest thing. I melded three Strength IV's on both my Earrings and Bangles before realizing that IV + IV + III was enough to cap.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i feel bad for your wallet

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It wasn't that bad. I was extremely lucky on all of my first four melds. Nothing took more than four tries, even at 10%. This was across all five pieces I melded.

The fifth meld was a bit rough, but at least it was cheap materia and not a 400k Materia at 10%.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the earrings took 13 T4s for me ):

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I did the dumbest thing. I melded three Strength IV's on both my Earrings and Bangles before realizing that IV + IV + III was enough to cap.
    Yeah I think it's because slaying ones require 3x IV for max cap, I just did 2x IV and 1 X III on my ring (only one I will get) put me 1 under the 21 cap

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally did some DPS numbers that I'm not embarrassed of. 350T10, 315T11, 330T12

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

nice numbers man!

WAR OTs how many i130 slaying accessories are you using and which ones?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

STR materia is so freaking ex too ; ;

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They went from 120k -> 200k over night on Hyperion. I blame this thread.