1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

considering old school 4 det almost= 1 str/dex shits i read somewhere before, some plats (if you have no acc/skill speed issues) are indeed BiS

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    By definition, 'best in slot' does not care about cost.

I don't see any reason to really redo melds though on the weapon, since you can just drop acc elsewhere or change how you meld your platinum pieces.
    Thank you for the grammar update on the word "best".

Not all players have the luxury of gil to freely spend. There's plenty of BiS "guides" that offer options taking into consideration the encounter and also the budget of the player. In your world, if someone asks the question (which I've seen plenty of times) "Hey I can't afford crafted gear but I'm looking for BiS for X job. Can someone help?", should we just tell them to fuck off because it's not the actual best?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    considering old school 4 det almost= 1 str/dex shits i read somewhere before, some plats (if you have no acc/skill speed issues) are indeed BiS
    I've never had crafted accessories before. The biggest allure of the crafted accessories as a tank was the survivability they granted while still being able to do respectable damage... In my opinion they're even more valid now in Final Coil than ever before. I've seen plenty of MNK, DRG, and BRD "guides" to BiS builds, but I've never found someone who has done extensive research into PLD/WAR builds (As in math breakdowns point for point on stat weights, etc). There's more factors to consider as a tank though, but mainly just survivability...which can be personal preference, depending on how close you're willing to cut it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Then don't use BiS. Call it what it is - budget melds that are still good, or alternatives that are really close, etc. Best in slot means there is absolutely nothing better you can use.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Then don't use BiS. Call it what it is - budget melds that are still good, or alternatives that are really close, etc. Best in slot means there is absolutely nothing better you can use.
    God damn you're wound tight man. Count the ones and zeros, get the ducks in a row, one space after a period not two, don't go above the speed limit...

Best can be subjective man, if "the best you can get" without spending gil, then that's still relevant. If we want to identify the absolute BiS then it will be clearly identified. All I aimed to do was indicate to Sath not to sweat over the secondary stats too hard.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

And aside from that, I would argue any established BiS since there's a certain margin of accuracy below cap that is "acceptable" to miss where you can milk more damage secondaries. (To say nothing of BiS for certain tiers of accuracy on specific fights [no-acc, T5, T9, T13 and all in between], for what little that matters). There is no one BiS. Shit's situational.

I would also argue that arguing the merits of "true" BiS is fucking pointless because of how marginal secondaries are but that's another basket of eggs entirely.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    So the platinum ACCs are BIS then? Save my Poetic's for things that aren't the accs?
    Poetics priority should always be left side first. A 'safe' approach for FCoB OT is 2-3 i110 platinum pieces and the others i130 STR. Budget melds is something like Vit4/Vit4/Acc3/Acc3/Vit3 in whatever order makes most sense based on current materia prices. I opted for mostly slaying so that it gave me enough skillspeed for Berserk, but Str4 might be cheaper so you can just get the fending ones that have Crit or Det on it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    God damn you're wound tight man. Count the ones and zeros, get the ducks in a row, one space after a period not two, don't go above the speed limit...

Best can be subjective man, if "the best you can get" without spending gil, then that's still relevant. If we want to identify the absolute BiS then it will be clearly identified. All I aimed to do was indicate to Sath not to sweat over the secondary stats too hard.
    Just because you're poor is no reason to get so upset. I also don't advocate pendamelding with IV materia unless it's something you really want to do; I always go budget melds on non-guaranteed slots for secondaries myself anyway just because I don't think it's worth it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

On the topic of platinum accessories, what's the general consensus on a penta meld using only 2 Vit IV's on a slaying piece and having the rest acc/det (slot dependent)? It's not so much a cost concern but more wanting to squeeze out as much accuracy as possible on the right side so that I can be more creative on the left with some of the demon gear until some dreadwyrm parts drop for me.

Edit: No accuracy on relic and usually OT, in case that's important for this scenario

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    On the topic of platinum accessories, what's the general consensus on a penta meld using only 2 Vit IV's on a slaying piece and having the rest acc/det (slot dependent)? It's not so much a cost concern but more wanting to squeeze out as much accuracy as possible on the right side so that I can be more creative on the left with some of the demon gear until some dreadwyrm parts drop for me.

Edit: No accuracy on relic and usually OT, in case that's important for this scenario

OT WAR needs ~9000hp for T9-12 and ~10000 for T13 in defiance. So 2 IVs should be plenty.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    OT WAR needs ~9000hp for T9-12 and ~10000 for T13 in defiance. So 2 IVs should be plenty.
    Yeah, iirc before food and party buffs it'll leave me just over 10k hp in defiance, thanks!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, iirc before food and party buffs it'll leave me just over 10k hp in defiance, thanks!

Those numbers are with food and party buff, but a little room never hurts before you are farming them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Vit4/Vit4/Vit3 is the minimum you should do (cap is 1 higher, but that would require a 3rd Vit4). VIT is significantly more valuable than any other secondary you put on there.

Having higher HP means you can be in Defiance less. You can always use i130 STR if you don't need extra HP.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For my plat slay neck and rings I did Vit4/Vit4/Vit3/Acc3/Acc3. For fending neck and wrist Str4/Str4/Str3/Sks3/Acc3.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Managed to pull this tonight in t13, getting pretty consistent at it

Really sucks not having a NIN, end up having to hold back on Fracture and run dry on TP near the end of the fight.

So what kinda numbers are great - elite - godlike now in each turn for tanks? With echo

I'm guessing in T10 great being 380, elite being 450, godlike being 490?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Paladin VS Warrior : Battle of the Off Tank DPS

The echo is obscuring things quite a bit but I guess I pulled around 350 unmerged on WAR in T13 last night prior to getting tank body. Peaking around 450 in first phase but earthshakers randomize a lot so hard to nail it down. So many stops/starts now too with dps destroying adds way before time. MNK losing GL all the time, combos expiring, etc. total mess.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had a t13 where I managed to pull 430 (was the reading after it died, not just the first/second phase)

Normally float around 390-410 with echo, don't know what I did differently to hit 430 on this one

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I haven't really made a meaningful attempt at crazy DPS in FCoB. I tried a bit in turn 10 before I was BiS but by that time I stopped caring. Turn 12 is really the only turn I have fun in. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has pulled close to 500 in a t10 speed run.

Is 527 accuracy guaranteed the cap for T11? My main set has me at 526, and I'm wondering if that can miss. The chart I have for Acc caps has a ? Beside the 527.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Could always try it and parse to see if you miss. Chart I have lists 527 solid for T11 front acc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I had a t13 where I managed to pull 430 (was the reading after it died, not just the first/second phase)

Normally float around 390-410 with echo, don't know what I did differently to hit 430 on this one

430 in T13 is beast mode. Our parse numbers in 13 didn't go up that much, so much standing around now in the add phase.