1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yeah idk. maybe the parse fucked up or something, or I was just doing really well that day. this is what it popped out anyway

Ran a 6 Warrior 2 healer T10 last night. Took a few tries but we won right as soft enrage started

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    yeah idk. maybe the parse fucked up or something, or I was just doing really well that day. this is what it popped out anyway

show encounter title?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's merged bahamut prime, nothing interesting. Divebomb phase prior to adds is culled (due to inactivity, not me advertently excluding it), other than that no splits in the parse. Think it was 2 parts; Phase 1 + 2 -> Phase 3 + 4. Not going to bother sifting through all the logs in order to pull up a bahamut fight from a week ago either. Like I said, this was the odd man out of my parses. Normally I'm between 390 and 410 at the end of the battle.

I'm gonna roll the dice and say it was T13.

edit: beaten

Also it's kind of hard to compare numbers if you cut out portions of the fight, not everyone will cut out the same amounts.

A single unmerged parse is much more informative.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's merged bahamut prime, nothing interesting. Divebomb phase prior to adds is culled (due to inactivity, not me advertently excluding it), other than that no splits in the parse. Think it was 2 parts; Phase 1 + 2 -> Phase 3 + 4. Not going to bother sifting through all the logs in order to pull up a bahamut fight from a week ago either. Like I said, this was the odd man out of my parses. Normally I'm between 390 and 410 at the end of the battle.
    Never had an issue with it set at 30s besides T5. The only thing merged parse does is artificially inflate your numbers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Merged parse. Nothing to see here, folks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I see. I don't generally pay attention to what the standard is for these things, having it cut out parts of inactivity has always seemed much more accurate in terms of the damage you actually dealt across the fight rather than time that was spent with everyone waiting for mechanics to finish which is essentially meaningless to your overall DPS since... no one is actually dealing any damage. I'll switch it over to 30s and see what comes out with that. I don't expect the average results to change too significantly since the parse only removed something like 10 or 20 seconds, but that is a lot of time to be inactive.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I still don't understand why people look at DPS instead of damage dealt.

I see. I don't generally pay attention to what the standard is for these things, having it cut out parts of inactivity has always seemed much more accurate in terms of the damage you actually dealt across the fight rather than time that was spent with everyone waiting for mechanics to finish which is essentially meaningless to your overall DPS since... no one is actually dealing any damage. I'll switch it over to 30s and see what comes out with that. I don't expect the average results to change too significantly since the parse only removed something like 10 or 20 seconds, but that is a lot of time to be inactive.
    Because you can't compare parses when everyone has different settings on how much time is cut out of the parse.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I still don't understand why people look at DPS instead of damage dealt.
    Because normalizing (with time for example) things is how you accurately compare.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just an update. This is my average since changing cut time to 30 seconds, with spikes around 380-390.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was the BLM afk? Holy shit.

With a BLM that was that low you should have been able to spike it higher with echo. Keep in mind the lower your party's output the higher yours can become. Don't be discouraged if you're in a high DPS group and you do weaker. Those numbers are not bad by any means, especially without esuna they are decent numbers.

Good places to increase your numbers are on the three gusts as you can double steel cyclone those and then turn it off for overpower. Also you can get another steel cyclone off on the blood twin + gusts as well.

I feel like with echo still though it's getting harder to put out those numbers because the amount of burst DPS on add phases is insane so your DPS overall gets lower.

edit: Here's probably one of my better T13's I would say as of recent (Not perfect by and means and terrible RNG to boot with getting all earthshakers though), although I haven't gone in too much since then. Roughly 2 or 3 times, theres a few parts that'll be different depending on your strategy and if CDs don't align properly at the right time it will impact your dps quite a bit. It may give you some insight on a different approach that you may want to integrate if you think it will help as it seems like you're trying hard to get a perfect one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzPwDIGL30c

and heres the parse: http://i.imgur.com/LoOBjg3.png I was able to snake a lot of dps in because of the party having a few deaths I feel.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Was the BLM afk? Holy shit.

The only people pulling their weight are Proth and the BRD. Even 1,2,3 PLD should be doing 240+. Probably would have hit enrage if it wasn't for Proth lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    The only people pulling their weight are Proth and the BRD. Even 1,2,3 PLD should be doing 240+. Probably would have hit enrage if it wasn't for Proth lol.
    It depends on how much the PLD casts SS honestly. I also like to stay full VIT access for T13 pugs purely because the extra ~30 DPS in hybrids isn't going to make or break anything and you never really know when you'll need that extra 300 HP with a pug.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This is probably about as high as I'm going to be able to get with how fast our adds have been dying and how much downtime there is now. I basically only put Defiance on for the first and second Ahk Morn at this point, don't need it for any of the adds anymore. Don't have a NIN in my group so I have to be careful with Fracture and don't get to benefit from Trick Attack. I try to put up Fracture every time it comes off though, usually do

Heavy Swing -> Maim -> SE -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> SP -> Fracture -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> SE -> Heavy Swing -> Skull Sunder -> BB ->

As general rotation. Opener has no SP, instead has a second BB combo.

Killing the adds faster doesn't actually lower your total DPS for the fight, it just spikes higher and dips lower for that bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Killing the adds faster doesn't actually lower your total DPS for the fight, it just spikes higher and dips lower for that bit of time.
    Killing adds faster significantly lowers your dps as you have a lot more time of sitting around now. You're unable to get as many aoes as you would have normally been. While what you say may seem right in theory it's not true in practice when considering everything.

If you do 10k damage in 20s and stand around for 20s it's exactly the same as doing 10k damage in 30s and standing around for 10s in terms of your final DPS.