1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pre-add phase DPS: 420-440 consistently
    Pre-Teraflare DPS: 350-370 consistently
    Final DPS: 360-390 consistently

Variance based on party deaths, mechanics, TP issues. But no you're totally right, downtime has no effect on DPS and that's why cutting the parse based on 4s rather than 30s has no effect on the final readout.

.......huh

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just pointing out how having the parse set to cut out all of the standing around nonsense that has no bearing on the actual performance of anyone's DPS output "artificially inflated" the numbers, but now suddenly the downtime has no effect on your final DPS.

You're talking about two different things.

And yes, cutting out downtime in the parse does inflate your DPS when you're comparing it to people parsing the fight as a single continuous encounter (the standard).

If you want to know your DPS sans all the aspects of a fight that might reduce it, just go hit a test dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you do 10k damage in 20s and stand around for 20s it's exactly the same as doing 10k damage in 30s and standing around for 10s in terms of your final DPS.

In a vacuum environment this would be true but it's far true from actual practice. Simply because you're not doing a flat 10k in 20s or a flat 10k in 30s. What ends up happening is that the increase in DPS on things where you aoe varies significantly because you're going to lose a flare for a BLM in certain instances and in others you're not. Now if the one flare did the damage of two flares sure what your saying would be correct.

In addition you now have melee whom are stronger which means during adds you're going to get an aoe off on one less mob much quicker (before even factoring the less amounts of AOEs and overkill AOEs as a whole.) With one less gust in the first pain and blood your double steel cyclone and overpower spam (or in a BLMs situation Fire2/Flare) do considerably less damage. Not to mention on the twintania phase (and first blood + pain) your dots don't tick for as long as well.

There are a lot of factors in play, what you state is a rather oversimplification with quite a few undisclosed assumptions.

All of that is true but when you're in a situation where you have so much more damage than you need to the point where you're just fighting with the rest of the party for finite amounts of mob HP you've long since past the point where your DPS has any relevance to actually completing the fight effectively or efficiently. It's just about how best to pad the parse numbers at that point.

If the add phase didn't have a fixed duration it would be different, but the significance of T13 parses are kind of warped by it.

All of that is true but when you're in a situation where you have so much more damage than you need to the point where you're just fighting with the rest of the party for finite amounts of mob HP you've long since past the point where your DPS has any relevance to actually completing the fight effectively or efficiently. It's just about how best to pad the parse numbers at that point.
    Is there really much else to do at this point? We've been on the same content for 6+ months and poetics are still capped. I guess for others it may be different.

If the add phase didn't have a fixed duration it would be different, but the significance of T13 parses are kind of warped by it.

I saw dat

There isn't, but if you're gonna pad your parse, pad your parse man.

Tell the DPS to only kill Blood/Pain/Twin, tell the BLM not to AoE, leave gusts alive, when as many mobs are up as possible drop Zerk->Vengeance->SC x2-> turn off defiance-> OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP

Make sure the NIN is applying DE to each target asap, Goading you, and the other DPS can afk.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The best way to pad a T13 parse is to just feed a gust to the pain. Stupid yes, but you know, numbers!

Hmmm, does it heal the Pain for more than it's own HP amount?

Not exactly something I've ever cared to measure.

There isn't, but if you're gonna pad your parse, pad your parse man.

Tell the DPS to only kill Blood/Pain/Twin, tell the BLM not to AoE, leave gusts alive, when as many mobs are up as possible drop Zerk->Vengeance->SC x2-> turn off defiance-> OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP

Make sure the NIN is applying DE to each target asap, Goading you, and the other DPS can afk.
    Eh there's a difference between doing ways to increase dps that can be applied to progression or just flat out padding I dislike the latter which is what you are describing. If it can't be done to increase kill time or its not viable I disregard those. Like in t12 getting a steel cyclone on all the blackfires rather than inner beasting the boss and killing it quicker etc.

In my mind there's a difference between optimizing your dps for the fight and increasing your dps to pretend you're better than you actually are and I frown upon the latter. If the pug you are in has low dps and you perform better as a result than in my book its completely acceptable.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, on the topic of War T13 Parses; I was wondering if we could drum up a little discussion on optimal Berserk + Unchained Timings in the context of this particular encounter.

To get the ball rolling, here's what I do (Context is Bahamut pushed before 2nd Earthshakers in P1, before 2nd Mega in P2, killed during 4th Akh Morn cast):

Phase 1:
    1.) Infuriate with Huton Prep, full Unchained/Berserk combo on pull

2.) Berserk right before Phase Change (This WILL almost for certain cause pacification to be up when the first Shadow spawns, so I hope you got comfortable with picking adds up with flash)

Phase 2:
    3.) Infuriate + Unchained when Unchained is off CD from first use.

Phase 3:
    4.) Infuriate + Berserk/Unchained on the Blood and Pain combo. In pugs either hope that your group lets you pick up the Pain or cry when the Blood comes up immune to Physical. In a static situation just get the PLD to get both and beat up the pain.

5.) Infuriate + Berserk/Unchained should be available when the Sin spawns during the Twintania portion of this phase.

Phase 4:
    6.) Berserk as first Megaflare is finishing up. If you are using Holmgang on the 2nd Akh Morn this can cause complications on the tank swap (again, I hope you cross-classed flash!)

7.) Infuriate + Unchained works particularly well during the 2nd Akh Morn if you are soaking with the MT, can cause complications with the tank swap if the other tank is not particularly attentive.

8.) Berserk at some point around the 3rd Akh Morn, should kill the boss not long after.

It's 5:30 AM right now so it's not as concise/coherent as it could be but it's something that has been bothering me for a while about optimization on this fight, so I'd like to see some other opinions on it. Not quite as frustrating as optimizing T12 though, fuck that turn.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atkasha View Post
    So, on the topic of War T13 Parses; I was wondering if we could drum up a little discussion on optimal Berserk + Unchained Timings in the context of this particular encounter.

To get the ball rolling, here's what I do (Context is Bahamut pushed before 2nd Earthshakers in P1, before 2nd Mega in P2, killed during 4th Akh Morn cast):

Phase 1:
    1.) Infuriate with Huton Prep, full Unchained/Berserk combo on pull

2.) Berserk right before Phase Change (This WILL almost for certain cause pacification to be up when the first Shadow spawns, so I hope you got comfortable with picking adds up with flash)

Phase 2:
    3.) Infuriate + Unchained when Unchained is off CD from first use.

Phase 3:
    4.) Infuriate + Berserk/Unchained on the Blood and Pain combo. In pugs either hope that your group lets you pick up the Pain or cry when the Blood comes up immune to Physical. In a static situation just get the PLD to get both and beat up the pain.

5.) Infuriate + Berserk/Unchained should be available when the Sin spawns during the Twintania portion of this phase.

Phase 4:
    6.) Berserk as first Megaflare is finishing up. If you are using Holmgang on the 2nd Akh Morn this can cause complications on the tank swap (again, I hope you cross-classed flash!)

7.) Infuriate + Unchained works particularly well during the 2nd Akh Morn if you are soaking with the MT, can cause complications with the tank swap if the other tank is not particularly attentive.

8.) Berserk at some point around the 3rd Akh Morn, should kill the boss not long after.

It's 5:30 AM right now so it's not as concise/coherent as it could be but it's something that has been bothering me for a while about optimization on this fight, so I'd like to see some other opinions on it. Not quite as frustrating as optimizing T12 though, fuck that turn.
    Having not played Warrior in while this is from no echo ilvl110 tries yesterday:

I found that second berserk is usually up when boss is at 81% allowing me to use it without fear of pacification for shadow, 3rd berserk I usually used on second shadow to help it die faster (you lose 1/3 of berserk ticks here usually)

Didn't really bother to find optimal times to use berserk on 3rd phase, mostly just used at start and saved for last pain which is pretty dam hard to kill in time with 110 gear (almost no crafted stuff)

Last phase I just used it whenever up basically, usually after earthshakers so I wouldn't lose globals with berserk up.