1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

It will probably be 300 and bumped to 450 in 2.3, just to make the content last longer.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

New dungeon (not coil) iLvL requirement is what 55? And you think they're going to give you tomes for (speculation) iLvL 110 gear? Seems a bit ridiculous to me but who knows it is SE.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Why cant we get i70+ dungeons its silly there all so low.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    New dungeon (not coil) iLvL requirement is what 55? And you think they're going to give you tomes for (speculation) iLvL 110 gear? Seems a bit ridiculous to me but who knows it is SE.
    It's already confirmed. AK and WP have a required iLvL of what? 45? And they both drop tomes for 90 gear anyway.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

AK/WP don't have a minimum actually. Pharos/CM/HM 48. Doesn't mean anything. Dungeons are casual farm content, not a real challenge. Expect the same from CT2 in 2.3.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I see this as the main problem with vertical progression in this game. With this system you have outgeared half the new content in the game before it has even been released. This makes the content lack challenge and a bore to run through once you've had a couple of runs. With horizontal progression you can't out gear content by such a large amount so it's not stupidly easy. Not saying horizontal is better, it has its flaws too, I just think at level 50 I shouldn't be able to trample all over new level 50 content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    The new tomes are the casuals way to get i110 (or whatever) gear.
    Or its a way to gear up a 2nd job that isn't your coil main? Or you know.. shitty RNG since I know of plenty of groups that still haven't seen certain drops?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Agreed. I can understand the idea for new content but unless there's some really nice looking equipment, it's going to become a case of "find the shortest one, grind points there" just like Haukke HM now and AK/WP before that. Confusing design choices.

I'm wondering if the new dungeons are going to spit out 3 kinds of currency, though. Or with the abolition of the myth cap is Philosophy just going to get left out? It boggles the mind that we're outdating a tier entirely this soon in the game's lifespan yet we're getting i55 dungeons that I'm thinking will most likely drop i70 armor. The fact they've been so quiet about "new" gearsets has me less than optimistic.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

They do need to change shit up tho, everyone in my FC keeps saying 2.2 they want but if its the same old shit they dont see them playing 6 months down the road.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, I expect we'll end up learning how to SR the new dungeons which will still probably be tank/blm/brd/whm unless they release some new dungeon mechanics. PF will be filled with SR with 90 requirements until week 3 at which time it'll be i95-100 requirements etc etc and we'll have 20 threads on OF complaining about filthy elitists and their PFs that double the minimum requirements.

A few weeks after that we'll start having jobs at full i230242 or whatever the max is at 2.2 and we'll be back to playing the game once a day or however long it takes to beat T9.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Going to laugh when T6-9 is not much different than T1-4 in terms of overall difficulty, and the build up to T10 being bahamuts head.

Are they removing the weekly lockout on CT?

It seems like a foregone conclusion that they would, AF2 is essentially going to be the new darklight so to keep the lockout would be beyond stupid.

But this is SE we're talking about...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Are they removing the weekly lockout on CT?

It seems like a foregone conclusion that they would, AF2 is essentially going to be the new darklight so to keep the lockout would be beyond stupid.

But this is SE we're talking about...
    We don't know. Yoshida said they're considering it but it would be really stupid to keep the weekly lockout on CT while removing any limitation on iLvl 90 gear. Vanity is not really an excuse.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I get the feeling CT's in for a world of hurt anyway. There's not going to be much reason to go in there at all outside of vanity unless they make it drop the new tomestone as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I get the feeling CT's in for a world of hurt anyway. There's not going to be much reason to go in there at all outside of vanity unless they make it drop the new tomestone as well.
    Most ct shit looks good tho. I mean royal body I think is better the Allegan or af2 so ya.

I said that about HM fights with ex fights out, I still find tons of pf looking to do relics. Most low lvl shit still has lots of players in it oddly enough. I think its due to the major jump in difficulty tho, so who knows.

Before someone jumps and says this game is not hard I'll just throw in the disclaimer. By curve I mean If you considered everything but t5 say a 2 out of 10 for difficulty I would say titan ex is a 5 along with t5. They more then double the difficulty from the next closest fight. So where people had problems with titan HM but could get it down with time titan ex just took it to the next level.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

One could argue though that the HMs remained relevant with job-specific weapons that aren't terribly difficult to obtain. A new 50 is going to be pushed in that direction long before they start looking at anything on the level of EX modes. And for some people the weapons just have an appeal that Rowena's lacks. You're likely right, it's just stupid that you can't make an alliance and enter with 24. As we get further and further down the line with updates and expansions, the older stuff is going to not only be worthless (aside from vanity features, which I do strongly support) but could be downright impossible to even enter depending on your playtime and availability.

Hopefully they'll throw us a bone in some regard on that.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    And no one ever slept again.

Vuitton

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiv/maelstroms-dungeons/

Has a great preview of the dungeons. Screenshots I haven't seen elsewhere. Diabolos is the boss in Amndapor. Brayflox has goblin rocket tanks and jetpacks. Haltali has giant bears and laser ogres. Coil has Lamia and mutant mandragoras and some sort of weapon looking thing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Regarding new dungeon images--link to original Famitsu article and translation of new info:

Original: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201403/13049740.html

Partial translation: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...=1#post6055492