BG Level

this is just getting ridiculous

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

How can they know? Were other electronics active that were detected by Air Traffic Control? First thing that came to mind was an electronics malfunction; however, if ATC was able to receive electronic pings and knew the nav/radio was turned off, then what the shit were the pilots doing. Seeking silent asylum like that other dude?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Not only that, the Malaysian government denies the general's claims, saying they're baseless. So, uh, who the fuck is telling the truth?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    How can they know? Were other electronics active that were detected by Air Traffic Control? First thing that came to mind was an electronics malfunction; however, if ATC was able to receive electronic pings and knew the nav/radio was turned off, then what the shit were the pilots doing. Seeking silent asylum like that other dude?
    The Malaysian ATC lost all radio contact at the same time that the transponder stopped transmitting. Radar contact was lost at 35,000'. There was no indication of an explosion on radar (at least not to the public's knowledge), so "an official speaking on condition of anonimity" says they suspect foul play because of these clues. It looks like they are grasping at straws because the world is watching and wants answers.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This shit is crazy

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

posting again in cray thread

While it's still far-fetched, I'm less confident about declaring aviation disaster, where is wreckage, etc.? It's eerily exactly what I was vaguely thinking about at first, though not truly considering it -- hijack, ninja peace out. They already done flew them into buildings. Now they're taking our peoples back to mountain caves of sodomy and starvation.

Epic ransom demand in 4 days.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    They already done flew them into buildings. Now they're taking our peoples back to mountain caves of sodomy and starvation.

Epic ransom demand in 4 days.
    Ummmmm.. wut?

BG Level

If terrorists stole the plane we not only have the plot to Fast 8, we are in some serious shit... The 777 is the most common passenger plane on the planet.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I would think planes the size of a 777 are given some kind of a digital signature to identify each one? The more I hear about this, the more I'm amazed at the lack of what I would think of as common sense technology.

EDIT: Why the fuck is there even an option to turn off identifying transponder codes on a commercial aircraft?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    EDIT: Why the fuck is there even an option to turn off identifying transponder codes on a commercial aircraft?
    Right? I would think that a plane used for commercial purposes that carries around the general public would not be given the option to turn this function off.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wonder if the authorities have looked into the background of all of the passengers on board to see if there was someone who raised a red flag.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I wonder if the authorities have looked into the background of all of the passengers on board to see if there was someone who raised a red flag.
    What I have been wondering is that there were reports of 5 passengers who both checked in to the airport and checked their baggage who did not board the flight? Their baggage was removed from the plane prior to departure. Why are they no longer being talked about?

Clearly I'm beyond obsessed with this case.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I can't believe the two stolen passport passengers are Iranian and they don't think this is related.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My dad (who watches fox news, unknown if related to whats about to be said) said he thinks terrorists stole the plane and theyre gonna pack it full of explosives and fly it into something

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    My dad (who watches fox news, unknown if related to whats about to be said) said he thinks terrorists stole the plane and theyre gonna pack it full of explosives and fly it into something
    Wouldn't they have already done that by now...?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I can't believe the two stolen passport passengers are Iranian and they don't think this is related.
    They were saying that the back story of both of those Iranians has checked out. They were using stolen passports to get to a different country seeking political asylum, and there is no cause to believe they are involved and there is no evidence they are/were terrorists. That is just the explanation I have read. Don't know how realistic that is though passengers with stolen passports trying to escape oppression can certainly lead them to a desperate situation.

Very mysterious indeed. Also they were saying that the range for the signal coming from the black box is only 5-10 miles depending on if it is underwater or on the ground so even if the black box is still transmitting they have to know the general area to be able to find it and pick up a signal. That is an incredibly small range when they are searching such a massive area.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    What I have been wondering is that there were reports of 5 passengers who both checked in to the airport and checked their baggage who did not board the flight? Their baggage was removed from the plane prior to departure. Why are they no longer being talked about?

Clearly I'm beyond obsessed with this case.
    What is there to talk about? No passengers and no luggage on plane. Clearly something more sinister is at work. Right?

As for the Iranians, wasn't that already discussed in the thread? One was seeking political refuge in Germany and the other ??? I'm sure they are trying to come to conclusive evidence before damning someone as a terrorist and spilling all their information on the internet for any and all to see.

BG Level

What is there to talk about? No passengers and no luggage on plane. Clearly something more sinister is at work. Right?

As for the Iranians, wasn't that already discussed in the thread? One was seeking political refuge in Germany and the other ??? I'm sure they are trying to come to conclusive evidence before damning someone as a terrorist and spilling all their information on the internet for any and all to see.
    They were on the plane, so unless they turn up okay I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Keeping transponders in "standby" before entering the runway area used to be common practice. That way it doesn't clutter up the tower's screens with planes they may not have to deal with, ie. Planes taxiing between gates. That changed a bit in 2012 when the FAA recommended keeping them on at all times, but the technology itself is unchanged. Pilots can still flick a switch to turn them on and off.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, I dunno... Why did these passengers make the effort to book a flight, make arrangements to go to the airport, go to the airport, check in to their flight, have their bags checked, go through security, wait for a bit, then decide to not show up to board (I mean unless its totally common to waste ones own time like this)?

I'm wondering if the people were questioned as to why they decided not to board a plane that has subsequently turned up missing without a trace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast