+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    My unfounded theory: Plane was hijacked, passengers dumped over the water, plane lands at an airport controlled by a "terrorist" organization and they plan to refuel and use at a later date for ill.
    My theory is plane was actually a Decepticon, formed up and is on it's way to stop Micheal Bay's new movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    New flight rules: Transponders are not to be turned off by pilots. In fact, they need to be without a shutoff/unplug/untamper mechanism.

6 days, and a plane can't fly that long(not even a big ass boeing like this one) without refueling. So my mind is on 200+ casualties -.-

And I'm calling tons of bullshit on radar not picking this(as well as when it dropped off radar) up. There's some scheming here, I can feel it.
    I was wondering about this too, just seemed like it should have a shut off prevention backup but there may be safety reasons as to why a pilot needs to have the ability to shut off the transponders. I have no idea if this is the case.

NYC Morning News Interview Captain Sully, and the reasoning for the ability to manually turn off the transponder came up. He basically said they only time it would/should be turned off was if there was an electrical issue risking a potential fire in the aircraft.

Captain Sully was the Captain of the Airline that needed to emergency land in the Hudson River for those that don't recognize the name.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    I was wondering about this too, just seemed like it should have a shut off prevention backup but there may be safety reasons as to why a pilot needs to have the ability to shut off the transponders. I have no idea if this is the case.
    Alternator/generator failure may require conservative use of avionics - saving energy for safety mechanisms that require power (including landing gear). Can turn off radios but the transponder should still be squaking (7700 for emergencies, 7500 for hijacking). Since all of it was turned off then either there was a complete electronics failure or tin foil hats. But I stumbled on a Forbes article about it and they say -

A complete electrical failure is extremely unlikely because of redundancies in the system, especially the ram air turbine which uses the power of the wind generated by the aircraft’s motion in flight to generate electricity which would power critical navigation and communication systems, as well as flight controls.
    So I suppose there could be requirements to NOT shut them off on the larger airliners but definitely not smaller ones that may not have backups to the backups.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Alternator/generator failure may require conservative use of avionics - saving energy for safety mechanisms that require power (including landing gear). Can turn off radios but the transponder should still be squaking (7700 for emergencies, 7500 for hijacking). Since all of it was turned off then either there was a complete electronics failure or tin foil hats. But I stumbled on a Forbes article about it and they say -

So I suppose there could be requirements to NOT shut them off on the larger airliners but definitely not smaller ones that may not have backups to the backups.
    Not to mention the APU generator that is normally used to run cabin equipment can be used to power avionics in the event of the failure of several redundant systems in the cockpit. It is highly unlikely that the transponder was switched off accidentally or due to a malfunction. The pilots stopped responding to ATC at the same time that the transponder stopped transmitting.

Banned.

BG Level

With inception level backups and shit (may have still) fails?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

WHAT DA FUCK

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Oh, yea forgot to mention that earlier today.

Malaysia denied it until the report was released and then they were like "yea probably" and their official stance is "we received no such signal".

Then the company came in and said "because you didn't pay subscription fees".

Idiots.

Latest theorycrafting by experts / the media is that the plane may have attempted to land on a remote Indian island chain.

Given the still lacking evidence of anything more than theorycrafting and signal pings, I'm gonna keep going with that the aircraft didn't explode but rather landed on land or water more or less intact at the point of meeting said surfaces. Question is did it crash or did it actually land somewhere.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssan View Post
    Latest theorycrafting by experts / the media is that the plane may have attempted to land on a remote Indian island chain.
    HEEY-OOOH.

damn son, wondering what rabbit hole and how deep we got here

...gotta respect and keep the wormhole shelved for now, too, me thinks

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Augmented reality Lost ad is a decade late lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    HEEY-OOOH.

damn son, wondering what rabbit hole and how deep we got here

...gotta respect and keep the wormhole shelved for now, too, me thinks
    Just in case you wanted to read the article... Should have linked it first time.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Put your tin foil hats back on.

Apparently there was a "Seismic Event," a tremor on the sea floor recorded by the Chinese that occurred in the flight path of the plane, right abouts when they lost the transponder signal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Dinosaurs are collecting samples of our primative technology so that they do not underestimate us during the Dino-human wars of the 21st century.

They will be returning to the surface. Prepare your butts.

This is turning into Ocean's 14 "The Great Plane Heist".

Apparently there was a "Seismic Event," a tremor on the sea floor recorded by the Chinese that occurred in the flight path of the plane, right abouts when they lost the transponder signal.
    So this is all one big promo for...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...poster-new.jpg

^ Can you imagine how rage inducing that would be?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Put your tin foil hats back on.

My coworker started talking about the Scientologists when she heard about this ... I was like ... nooooo lol.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    My coworker started talking about the Scientologists when she heard about this ... I was like ... nooooo lol.
    Seriously lol. And on CNN, Wolf at the end of his show after they were talking about it was like "Looks like yet another Chinese lead that dead ended." Oh yeah? That seismic anomaly lead didn't pan out for you guys?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast