+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Air Traffic Control (Aviation Disaster thread)

Surprised there isn't a topic about this. Apparently the plane deviated from its flight path before disappearing from radar but not from tracking websites. About two hours after takeoff it vanished completely and Malaysian Airlines didn't report it missing until 4 hours later when it was supposed to land in China.

Two passengers were traveling on stolen passports.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://jacobfoxx.com/wp-content/uplo...ent-Aliens.jpg

seen quite a few articles on this, still no one has spotted the wreckage? i know reddit was trying to sift through satellite imagery, but that seems futile.

BG Level

That thought they spotted a "door" but when they sent recon they couldn't find it.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I heard they spotted a large oil slick on the ocean in the area it disappeared.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah they sent oil samples for analysis.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How long ago was this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've flown 3 times international this past year, hearing this is just frightening. It's been 40 hours now...realistically the plane does not have enough fuel to stay in air and must've crashed a long while ago ?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Calling it now, re-launch marketing campaign for Lost.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Calling it now, re-launch marketing campaign for Lost.
    Haha yeah that was great, it's not like a bunch of people just died. Oh wait.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was following this some yesterday. A ninja hijacking and stealth disappearance and covert landing..? Unlikely. Planes just aren't quite 100%, and it doesn't help with big biz running them into the ground daily. This 777-200 was delivered to the airline in 2002.

239 aboard, 227 passengers + 12 crew. Worst aviation disaster since Nov 2001 when an Airbus outta JFK lost like 270 humans.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    yeah they sent oil samples for analysis.
    And now they're saying the oil doesn't match the plane's fuel, so back to conspiracy theories -- I'm going with Bermuda Triangle. The Bermuda Triangle isn't off the coast of Vietnam you say? You've clearly underestimated the Bermuda Triangle~

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Very possible the oil slick may just be from dumping fuel. The fuel they think is the fuel isn't the fuel, boom. no, ok.

I saw this fuel dump from inside a 777 doing it over the mid-Atlantic to drop weight for the e-landing; it looked messy.

Or some entirely unrelated cargo mess of hydrocarbon stuffs, who knows.

All I know is why the fuck can they not find this plane?? ..how feasible is(n't) it to continue to fly, but yet be poofgone on radar? yeah..

Some shit is somewhere. earth is big. profound end to post

BG Level

What gets me are the discrepancies in time. This happened in a gulf region, so wreckage would be visible by now. The Malaysian Airlines didn't say anything until after the plane missed its arrival time... and at first they said that contact was lost two hours after takeoff but now they're only saying forty minutes.

What's most puzzling is Vietnam saying the plane was minutes from their airspace but vanished before it got there.

Where the hell is this plane and how could no trace of it be found?

They're even saying it could have disintegrated since it was at 35k, but then where's the debris?

No distress call, no emergency signal, but they received a transponder signal nearly two hours after takeoff and then nothing. And now the oil slick is unrelated? The fuck.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really I hope don't disintegrate whilst aboard Frontier Airlines flights at the end of next month. 2hr 55min prob not gonna get to 35k... but wtf full disintegration, what no.

They were going for sub-orbital flight and the plane just couldn't take it. Should have flown Gekko-Go.

If a plane full on explodes at altitude with a fullish tank, how much would realistically be left of the plane? Honest question, I don't know enough about explosives or airplane construction to even begin to guess how it might behave in an explosion.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You should still be able to find chunks of the plane floating in the ocean.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've heard some pretty crazy theories. One of my favorites is that the plane went into a wormhole and will appear 50 years from now with everyone on board the same age as when they departed.

But seriously, how do you lose a plane? Wasn't there another Airplane that disappeared in the Atlantic a few years back and they found it within 48 hours?
    Edit: Found the accident - Air France 447

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    They were going for sub-orbital flight and the plane just couldn't take it. Should have flown Gekko-Go.
    I take it you haven't seen AO.

You should keep it that way. AO was horrible.

Also isn't this what the black box is for? How do they not know where the black box is?

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post

Also isn't this what the black box is for? How do they not know where the black box is?
    You gotta find the wreckage first to know where to look for the black box. The Air France disaster happened on June 1st 2009 and they found the debris 5 days later. It wasn't until May of 2011, almost two years later, that they were able to locate and recover the black box from the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

Edit: The black boxes are equipped with "pingers" but they get weaker over time so it becomes harder to pick up their signal as time passes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast