View Poll Results: What squad do you rep?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • #TeamIronMan

37 38.95%
  • #TeamCap

54 56.84%
  • #TeamZemo

4 4.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Captain America 3: CIVIL WAR (May 6, 2016)

Directors: Anthony Russo & Joe Russo
    Writers: Stephen McFeely & Christopher Markus
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/
    Wiki:

Synopsis:
    In Captain America: Civil War, billionaire Tony Stark is pitted against Captain America aka Steve Rogers in an ethical face-off over the U.S government's Superhuman Registratrion Act, which requires all superpowered individuals to register their powers and report to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Cast:

Scarlett Johansson - Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
    Chris Evans - Steve Rogers / Captain America
    Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark / Iron Man
    Sebastian Stan - Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
    Anthony Mackie - Sam Wilson / Falcon
    Frank Grillo - Brock Rumlow / Crossbones
    Daniel Brühl - Baron Zemo
    Chadwick Boseman - T'Challa / Black Panther

Trailers:

Notes:
    • Announcement:
      Spoiler: show
      Until now, the identity of the Marvel film set to open on May 6, 2016, has been kept secret; Marvel Studios and Disney claimed the date first before Warner Bros. slotted the next "Superman" installment for the same weekend.

The mystery has been solved -- the untitled Marvel Studios tentpole that Warner Bros.' Batman and Superman movie will go up against on May 6, 2016, is Captain America 3, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

That's the plan, anyway, creating the biggest superhero box office showdown in history. (Marvel Studios and parent company Disney staked out the date first.) Shooting schedules and postproduction could always impact the current blueprint, however. Also, Marvel and Disney have a second untitled movie scheduled to open that summer on July 8, so there is wiggle room.

Marvel films have all but owned the first weekend of summer for the past decade to enormous success, so all of Hollywood was surprised when Warner Bros. announced in January that it would open Batman-Superman on May 6, 2016 as well.

Batman-Superman stars Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill once again as Superman. It was originally supposed to hit theaters in summer 2015, but its release was pushed back nearly a year. There's no doubt that Warner Bros. is hoping to replicate the blockbuster returns Marvel has enjoyed with its multihero Avengers universe.

This week, when promoting the upcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige threw down the gauntlet, saying he had no plans to move off the May 6 date. He still wouldn't reveal the identity of the film; however, insiders confirm it will indeed be Captain America 3. The world premiere of Winter Soldier is Thursday in Hollywood.

Warner Bros. may have been waiting to see what the Marvel title was before considering a date change for Batman-Superman, if the studio blinks. There are still weekends available that summer, including the first two after Captain America 3 and Batman-Superman are set to open. Zack Snyder begins shooting Batman-Superman in the coming weeks.

Veteran box office observers doubt that the two films will ultimately open opposite each other.

Marvel and Disney are incredibly high on Captain America 2, which opens in north America on April 4 and is garnering huge interest, according to prerelease tracking. They believe Winter Soldier, with Chris Evans returning in the title role, will benefit from the same halo effect from The Avengers that Iron Man 3 and sequel Thor: The Dark World enjoyed, as well as firmly establishing Captain America as a standalone franchise.

Brothers Anthony and Joe Russo directed Winter Soldier and are in talks to return for Captain America 3.
      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...erica-3-688384

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hope this is somewhat based on Captain America No More.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm okay with this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Psychotic 1950s Cap
    Marvel is already moving forward with Captain America 3 and sequel directors Anthony and Joe Russo will be back to bring it to us. It looks like Captain America: The Winter Soldier screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely know a little bit about where the third film will be headed, and in a recent interview with Den of Geek they threw out a couple of hints as to what the story might involve. As expected, it sounds like they will adapt another comic book story arc. Here's what McFeely had to say,

Oh yeah, you can probably predict some of the threads we would like to pick up again that we’ve laid out there, and we always go back to the comics and dive back in and look at anything we’ve missed in the last few years that might be relevant.
    Markus continued:

We’ve definitely set out on a more realistic road in the Cap movies, you know. Even more grounded than in the other MCU movies. And so it kind of rules out Cap fighting the Dinosaur Man or something like that. There are some that aren’t gonna start and other ones that -- I mean there’s a couple we’re playing with right now that we really want to take elements from. Which we'll not reveal.
    After he was pressed a little further he revealed this cool little tidbit,

All I’m saying is psychotic 1950s Cap.
    That definitely sounds like it will be interesting, and I will get into the details on that below. When they were asked if they approach adapting a comic story in the sense of a novel, taking the elements that will work on screen and keeping it faithful to the tone and the spirit McFeely answered,

Exactly right! Like, you know, we kind of knew we’re not gonna use the Cosmic Cube. We’ve been there, we’ve done that. He’s not Russian exactly. He’s not a Soviet experiment.
    That discussion then led into Red Skull and Markus added,

We didn’t want to bring back the Skull so soon... Let alone have him inside the head of somebody else.
    McFeely went on to say,

There were just some things that would be much tougher to do on screen as they are in the comic. But yeah, it is a matter of being really respectful to the tone and the spirit of it without necessarily having to duplicate the exact details.
    When asked about his Red Skull comment, and whether it was hint at the Captain America 3 villain Markus responded,

(laughs) I only said that because I think it’s fairly clear he didn’t die in that first movie but [frick]ed off into Wonderland.
    It's going to be really interesting to see where they take Captain America 3, especially after whatever happens in Avengers: Age of Ultron and the rest of the Marvel cinematic universe. It's also so damn exciting to watch unfold and think about though! It would be pretty cool to see Red Skull come back and a story centered around a psychotic 1950s Cap.

In case you're not familiar with that whole thing, Captain America was fighting communists in several comic books throughout the 1950s. This created continuity issues when Stan Lee and Jack Kirby brought Captain America into the 1960s by saying that he was frozen in ice during World War II.

The problem was basically ignored until 1972 when Steve Englehart decided to resolve it. He came up with a storyline revealing that a different man went through treatment to try and replicate the effects of Dr. Erskine’s super soldier serum on Steve Rogers. That man gained Captain America’s abilities, and takes on both the private and public personas of Captain America. He even legally changing his name to Steve Rogers even though his real name was William Burnside.

The treatment he underwent though had some side effects, and made him kind of crazy. He started attacking innocent people because of their race. He's eventually placed in suspended animation with his crazy sidekick, but eventually revived to try to kill the Falcon. He's also again revived again and brainwashed by a character named Doctor Faustus into becoming The Grand Director, who is the leader of a Neo-Nazi army.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/will-capt...otic-1950s-cap
    http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/capta...winter-soldier

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release date confirmed, Death of Captain America storyline hinted
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo were recently guests on the Empire Podcast. They discussed their film, which is currently in theaters, and also talked about where they are on Captain America 3. (Disney and Marvel have also confirmed that the movie will be released on May 6th, 2016, pitting it against Batman Vs. Superman.)

The Winter Soldier was such an amazing film, I can only imagine how incredible the next one will be. During the podcast they give an update on the progress on the third film saying that that there have been a lot of discussions with writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and that they have a general idea on the direction that they will take Captain America 3.

If you've already seen The Winter Solider, then it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that the third film will focus on Steve Rogers' best friend, Bucky.

The most that we can say about it at this point, is that Bucky's story is not finished. It's an introduction to Bucky's story. So if you want to guess at what that movie will be about..you can assume this will be a continuation of that story
    http://geektyrant.com/news/the-russo...tain-america-3

So we're looking at a possible Civil War to build along side the Infinity Gauntlet saga.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would be amazed if Disney and Marvel and maybe even Sony were all in cahoots. The new Avengers/Captain America and X-Men movies and storylines are all sort of similar in direction. Would be fucking amazing if they were all building to 1 mega-film in secret.

...dare to dream

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release date may change
    Even though Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige is confident enough in Captain America 3 to release it against Batman Vs. Superman, Disney is struggling with the idea. Feige says they won't budge, and it doesn't look like Warner Bros. is changing their release date any time soon. It's a very intense game of chicken, but Disney is starting to show signs of backing down.

Variety reporter Brent Lang tweeted a statement by Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn:

"We'll see. We're struggling with it" Alan Horn on #CaptainAmerica3 debuting against #BatmanvsSuperman
    Sounds to me like they might back out. Can you blame them, though? With the success of Captain America: The Winter Solider, the next Cap movie is a huge deal for them. It's hard to tell if it will effect the outcome, but I'd like to think it wouldn't. As a fan of these franchises I'd just go and watch both of them back-to-back in the same day or at least the same weekend. I understand not everyone is as hardcore a fan as me, but I do assume that all those people who want to watch these two movies will eventually go and see them both after they are released. If the studio does decide to move the release date, I'd understand and wouldn't think any less of Marvel. They are still going to release a kick-ass movie regardless.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/disney-st...an-vs-superman
    https://twitter.com/BrentALang

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

With how 2 was, I think they'd outdo them easily, issue is they probably won't make -as- much.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don't see why Disney would feel the need to change. Captain America is one of many iconic characters in the Marvel Universe where as Batman/Super are the premier characters in DC. One obviously has much more to lose than the other. It's worth the gamble even if it drastically alters both movies opening weekend.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I don't see why Disney would feel the need to change. Captain America is one of many iconic characters in the Marvel Universe where as Batman/Super are the premier characters in DC. One obviously has much more to lose than the other. It's worth the gamble even if it drastically alters both movies opening weekend.
    Because $$$

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kevin Feige doesn't care about B vs S sharing the same release date, Cap had it first
    Leaving all this speculation aside, Feige is all too aware of the recent readjustment to Batman vs. Superman‘s release date and how it now pits the film against Captain America 3, but he isn’t fazed:

We had the flag there first. What other people do and where has always been less of our concern. It’s about keeping our head down and doing what we would believe would be cool for an audience to see.
    And honestly, keeping their eyes on their on work and not bothering with what the “other people” are doing seems to be working out just fine for Marvel. Though it’s worth noting that Disney’s Alan Thorn recently said they were “struggling with” releasing Cap 3 at the same time as Batman vs. Superman, so it may not be up to Feige in the end.
    http://screenrant.com/thonos-actor-kevin-feige-ant-man/
    http://www.empireonline.com/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Considering the films in question, I'm sure people will be happy to see both of them in the cinema, though personally I'd watch CA3 first and wait for reviews of BvS before watching it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

CA3 will roll BvS into the ground, no contest.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think all of you forget that 95% of the movie going public is not as informed of the movie atmosphere and whats going on behind the scenes as we might be in the forums. They're gonna see Batman in 1 title and Capt America in the other title. It's not gonna be as easy as you think it will be.

Banned.

BG Level

While that is true, IF this was a Batman etc after The Dark Knight, then it may make a difference. As it stands now CA2 is a better movie than DKR. Personally I LOVE the Supes/Bat dynamic in the comics but will go see CA3 first, because CA2 was so good and full of action. Will see B/S but not sure what to expect, what with DC trying to build a movie universe.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah BvS is shaping up to be a clusterfuck, I don't deny that. I just don't think the public is aware of that. And TDKR still made fucktons of money. It made way more money than any non Iron Man or Avengers movie. It's in the billion club whereas Thor 2 was 600 mil and CA2 is around 600 mil now.

So regardless of how bad the Batman movie is shaping up to be, the general public is not aware of it and the name Batman sells way more than Captain America. It'd be a different story if it were Iron Man or Avengers.

Banned.

BG Level

That was kinda may point DKR made fucktons of money because DK and Batman,but I guess I under-estimated the power of the god damned Batman. I guess people can't enjoy a good action flick because its named captain America?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    While that is true, IF this was a Batman etc after The Dark Knight, then it may make a difference. As it stands now CA2 is a better movie than DKR. Personally I LOVE the Supes/Bat dynamic in the comics but will go see CA3 first, because CA2 was so good and full of action. Will see B/S but not sure what to expect, what with DC trying to build a movie universe.
    Do people know this? I bet there are a good number of people who won't realize that Bale isn't Batman till the trailers and will think this is a continuation of TDK trilogy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I hope people decide not to see it just because they find out it's got Ben Affleck as the Bat.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hoping they do the comic thing where current cap just becomes Steve Rogers and Bucky stays cap full time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast