1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    At some point they're really gonna wanna swap the patches for CT and coil. Just doesn't make sense the way it is right now. CT will just be irrelevant for main jobs forever I guess.
    I don't think they will bother. They should be done with Coil in 2.4 and then it's either 2.5 or 3.0 and that's when they fix the order.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I haven't been in the loop for this patch. Are there any major class/job changes going on? Any nerfs/buffs?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Nothing in regards to class/job balanced mentioned so far that I can recall.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Diabolos and Leviathan... tempted to come back since I quit in october, but would need to catch up so much orz :/

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Nothing in regards to class/job balanced mentioned so far that I can recall.
    Which is unfortunate because Bloodbath/Foresight/Bulwark/Awareness/Cover/Tempered Will are all still fucking awful and need to not suck, and Shield Swipe/Haymaker need changes as well. I'm hoping they'll surprise me with the live letter or the patch notes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Diabolos and Leviathan... tempted to come back since I quit in october, but would need to catch up so much orz :/
    Myth uncapped and Coil 1-5 unlimited in 2.2... can "catch up" in 1 weekend if you really want to, even if you had multiple jobs. A week if casual?

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    People will be running BC all day, ilvl 90 is essentially the new darklight.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Which is unfortunate because Bloodbath/Foresight/Bulwark/Awareness/Cover/Tempered Will are all still fucking awful and need to not suck, and Shield Swipe/Haymaker need changes as well. I'm hoping they'll surprise me with the live letter or the patch notes, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Tempered Will works just fine and is a godsend in Titan EX, Awareness is "meh" but at least it's not broken anymore.

There are plenty of shitty skills in the game for all jobs and even more worthless cross class options for most jobs, this is how it is.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What I want to know is what will happen to ex fights? Seeing as myth will be uncapped there is little reason not to just do relic seeing as it can be upgraded at least .

It feels like ex fights will have no reason (outside new ones)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Tempered Will works just fine and is a godsend in Titan EX, Awareness is "meh" but at least it's not broken anymore.

There are plenty of shitty skills in the game for all jobs and even more worthless cross class options for most jobs, this is how it is.
    I've used Tempered Will twice in Titan EX, both times because I was just too lazy to move. It's only a "godsend" if you're an idiot. The only remotely useful cross-class skill PLD gets access to is Stoneskin. Every other job has access to at least two useful abilities. Buffing the aforementioned to not-shit tier would benefit PLD and WAR, as well as any other job with MRD/GLD as a sub-class.

Considering they just got done successfully balancing PLD and WAR I don't see them going out of their war to fix some minor woes that all jobs share and no one really cares about.

Swiftcast, Provoke, and Invigorate are the only truly important cross class skills in the game, remove all the others and you'd be hard pressed to notice a significant difference in performance (Cleric's is obviously huge for SCH nuking but if you need a SCH's damage to win something you've got other problems).

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Considering they just got done successfully balancing PLD and WAR I don't see them going out of their war to fix some minor woes that all jobs share and no one really cares about.

Swiftcast, Provoke, and Invigorate are the only truly important cross class skills in the game, remove all the others and you'd be hard pressed to notice a significant difference in performance (Cleric's is obviously huge for SCH nuking but if you need a SCH's damage to win something you've got other problems).
    Don't forget bfb even if it got gimped a bit

Cross class B4B is less than a 3% increase in overall damage, as is Raging Strikes.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

tbh that's an overarching issue with the entire game that should probably be addressed. just 'cause they're all shit doesn't mean they should stay that way

This is SE, they're going to stay that way whether we like it or not.

I'd rather get on with new jobs and classes than waste time fine tuning the ones I'm already bored shit of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    What I want to know is what will happen to ex fights? Seeing as myth will be uncapped there is little reason not to just do relic seeing as it can be upgraded at least .

It feels like ex fights will have no reason (outside new ones)
    There's a new Relic quest which will most likely involve Extremes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Patch 2.2 ─ Through the Maelstrom Trailer Now Live! (03/14/2014)

People will be running BC all day, ilvl 90 is essentially the new darklight.
    i dont even have darklight gear let alone a relic. and last i checked (and reason i left) the community was full of a-holes with speedruns on coerthas and co (i have only whm 50). ended last year in october :/

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'll still find that mentality in some, but I feel it is much less of a driving force than it was back then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think it will make a comeback with new tomes.

Ruins of Ampador SR: Ilvl105 minimum. Join in PF. KNOW WHAT A SR IS OR DON'T JOIN!!!!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    At some point they're really gonna wanna swap the patches for CT and coil. Just doesn't make sense the way it is right now. CT will just be irrelevant for main jobs forever I guess.
    There is nothing saying they won't do that now. Say i100 for DLv2(Gerolt) and Allagan2, then CTv2 at i110

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast