1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    There's a new Relic quest which will most likely involve Extremes.
    Except Yoshi made the reference to using your relic weapon in Letter from the Producer LV, which makes me think it will be stage 3 of Relics.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Except Yoshi made the reference to using your relic weapon in Letter from the Producer LV, which makes me think it will be stage 3 of Relics.
    those aren't mutually exclusive, Stage 3 can still have Rowena's Tokens as part of the quest requirement.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    You'll still find that mentality in some, but I feel it is much less of a driving force than it was back then.
    That mentality never left, it just switched to i80 onry T1, i70 Titan onry HM, i90 ranged onry Ifrit EX.

Once new tomes come in it'll be back to the tried and true tank/blm/brd/whm parties.

^_________^ Relic +2, requires Relic+1, Primal weapon and Allagan weapon.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I hope Relic+2 isn't that easy but they'll prob be shit tier again anyway tho

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    You'll still find that mentality in some, but I feel it is much less of a driving force than it was back then.
    And it still won't matter if you have even a moderately-sized FC.

Seriously. I figured everyone on BG would have had a decent FC by now. Wasn't everyone communicating pre-launch about where to go and who to go with?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    There is nothing saying they won't do that now. Say i100 for DLv2(Gerolt) and Allagan2, then CTv2 at i110
    I feel that's a stretch. CT is casual content now and forever.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah it would make no sense to give casual content the best gear in the game over the current hardcore raid. I figure this is more the reason why CT1 didn't have i100 gear rather than the fact it came second when it should have been first. SE could have easily bumped up the ilevels on the gear if they wanted it to be progressive.

If SE had launched CT i80 first, Coil v1 in 2.1 and now CT2 in 2.2 with i100 gear people would have been raging about Coil v1 being outdated so quickly and by casual content. That would mean nothing difficult worth doing until Coil v2 in 2.3. Maybe SE realised this and that is why they swapped them around. It makes more sense to put a 3 month lifespan on the casual raid and 6 on the difficult raid rather than 3 on each and have 3 months out of every 6 where the easy content has the best loot.

Of course you could argue they both should be difficult if they're going to give the best loot, but SE has to cater to their casual playerbase too. I think SE could do better and have both options. Coil v1 could have had a normal and hard mode, with normal dropping i80 gear. Likewise CT1 could have had a hard mode dropping i90 gear. Doesn't WoW do that with their raids? (I don't play it)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

No way that CT will ever provide the best gear, because it would have to be the hardest content. There's absolutely, positively, no fucking way in hell a DF alliance could ever accomplish a CT Hard Mode. Parties routinely wipe on Atomos, and it doesn't even fight back.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If they did the two difficulty modes idea I suggested you wouldn't be DFing the hard mode, it would be like Coil where you can't. The casual existing CT would remain as normal mode.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    No way that CT will ever provide the best gear, because it would have to be the hardest content. There's absolutely, positively, no fucking way in hell a DF alliance could ever accomplish a CT Hard Mode. Parties routinely wipe on Atomos, and it doesn't even fight back.
    This is so true. Like.. how can 'one tank + a couple ranged dps kill adds' be so hard lol, it's amazing.'

as far as CT being casual content, it's certainly nice to do at least for the tomes and a random i80 piece of gear for fresh 50s. I have a couple friends who I spammed CT with for tomes and their piece of gear, so it's real cool for them, but yeah..once 2.2 comes out, I can start introducing them to Coil and get them up to speed all while hopefully gearing myself.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    This is so true. Like.. how can 'one tank + a couple ranged dps kill adds' be so hard lol, it's amazing.'

as far as CT being casual content, it's certainly nice to do at least for the tomes and a random i80 piece of gear for fresh 50s. I have a couple friends who I spammed CT with for tomes and their piece of gear, so it's real cool for them, but yeah..once 2.2 comes out, I can start introducing them to Coil and get them up to speed all while hopefully gearing myself.
    to be fair 99% of the wipes at this point are due to someone afking, locking people out. If everyone is inside I have never seen my party wipe.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If they did the two difficulty modes idea I suggested you wouldn't be DFing the hard mode, it would be like Coil where you can't. The casual existing CT would remain as normal mode.
    You can't take 18 people into the instance so you'd have to use the Duty Finder. Even if by some miracle they changed that, do you know 17 not-retards? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    to be fair 99% of the wipes at this point are due to someone afking, locking people out. If everyone is inside I have never seen my party wipe.
    Absolutely no reason to wipe unless half your party is AFK. If someone is gone, pull a DPS off Atomos to fill their position. As long as enough people are there to activate the platform you can just wait out the other parties and then kill yours.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Mythv2 and allaganv2 is 110 case closed

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

What?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

What?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

You can't take 18 people into the instance so you'd have to use the Duty Finder. Even if by some miracle they changed that, do you know 17 not-retards? I don't.
    You can't yeah but I'm sure they said they're changing that with the next CT (or 2.2, I forgot). I suppose that would have meant having to DF a potential hard mode CT1 but maybe they would have implemented that feature faster if they went down that path.

Having said that I'm in the same position as you and don't know 23 (not sure why you said 17 as it's a 24 man raid not 18) not-retards. My FC is fairly small and doesn't even have two Coil groups yet. The pros of being an EU player on a legacy NA/EU server. But you can often get decent groups via the PF for hard content so I'd not be too concerned.

Has Yoshida said anything about Coil Turns 1-4 being added to DF in patch 2.2?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Has Yoshida said anything about Coil Turns 1-4 being added to DF in patch 2.2?
    Hmm yes. He said that all older turns will be added to DF and all restrictions removed (including 5).

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    (not sure why you said 17 as it's a 24 man raid not 18)
    Woops, XI alliances were 18 people.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I know plenty "not-retards". Problem is they aren't on at the same time or rarely at all now due to boredom with the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast