Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    New episode is out.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: show
    Very different from it's corresponding chapter in the manga -- Zoicite lives, much like Jadeite and Nephrite before him. I think this is due to Takeuchi wanting to keep the Shitennou alive this time around so she can finally use them in the Senshi/Shitennou pairings she's wanted to do for years now.
    He wasn't supposed to die in this episode, he actually flees and avoids all sorts of conflict with the senshi in the manga. The only real difference in Act 6 is the appearance of Queen Beryl and Sailor Moon actually attacking her with the "Moon Healing Escalation". In the manga she simply heals everyone and then faints.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am digging the series so far. It's changed enough of what I know from the original enough to keep it interesting to me.

I may actually add the original series blu-ray set to my list of purchases to buy at some point.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Dear god I hope they fix the animation in the battles in this episode when they are doing their fixes. This shit looks bad. I feel like I'm looking at something with like 10 fps and lots of sliding around.

I don't want to complain because so many people seem to love it but I'm frustrated with this episode. The other ones weren't nearly as bad to me in animation. But maybe that's cause they weren't showcasing a lot of battles or effects.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

On a side note:

Been watching the redub of the old series with my daughter. She wants to watch "Moon" everyday. I only wish they kept the english opening so she could sing along.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

She's not fluent in japanese yet? Is she even trying?!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, with the latest version of Crystal; the only two changes was the original used VHS tapes for the video rental store, and let's jsut say Luna's a bad liar. This time, they use DVDs. ^^ Update anyone?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ami also uses a tablet now instead of that old PC lol. I also can't tell if there's a mistake when Venus appears or if it's intentional. She's wearing her Sailor V outfit in one scene and then she's shown in her Venus one in the very next shot.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I just about died getting to hear "Usako". I am a kid all over again.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

my gf: "SAILOR BWUI?!?!?"

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

BG Level

Somebody slowed down the Moon Pride song slightly, sounds like it's sung by men. Found it amusing and thought I'd share:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whelp, the last two episodes alone have sold me on the show.
    I'm not sure if they decided to take feedback into account going forward, but something about the show has gotten better over the last two episodes

Ridill
    BG Level

A little off topic, but I figured this is the best place to ask. My girlfriend loves Sailor Moon and I'm looking to get her something Sailor Moon for Christmas. What's some great Sailor Moon stuff I could get her? Like definitive manga/anime collection or maybe even some obscure collectable. I think the only Sailor Moon stuff she's ever owned was the manga collection but she said it was really cheaply made and the binding fell apart on her real quickly. (i think she also said it was mirrored so it read left-to-right.)
    I want to say price shouldn't be much of an issue, but sometimes collectibles can get a little crazy...

Did that 200 episodes/remastered/uncut thing that was announced earlier this year come out yet or is that still whiles away?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They announced the first season (or half) of the show was going to be something like $80. I'm not sure how many episodes that would be. maybe 13?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If she doesn't have the manga or they're not in good shape, they released all twelve volumes as a two box collection a few years ago. I picked those up, and while I've only read through them twice, they've held up pretty well.

Here are the amazon links:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Bo.../dp/1612623964
    http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Bo...798678-6143341

There's also the Sailor V books and short stories available.

If you wanted to go the collectible route, there's also this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashi...r+moon+scepter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    A little off topic, but I figured this is the best place to ask. My girlfriend loves Sailor Moon and I'm looking to get her something Sailor Moon for Christmas. What's some great Sailor Moon stuff I could get her? Like definitive manga/anime collection or maybe even some obscure collectable. I think the only Sailor Moon stuff she's ever owned was the manga collection but she said it was really cheaply made and the binding fell apart on her real quickly. (i think she also said it was mirrored so it read left-to-right.)
    I want to say price shouldn't be much of an issue, but sometimes collectibles can get a little crazy...

Did that 200 episodes/remastered/uncut thing that was announced earlier this year come out yet or is that still whiles away?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ra-and-panties ?

I kid, but, there's a lot of stuff out there, and you'll have to peruse places to find something you think she'd find interesting. http://hlj.com/, http://www.rightstuf.com http://jbox.com/, and Amazon should be a good starting point.

Back in the day, I could go to the International District and look through shops and find all sorts of Anime paraphernalia that is now-a-days found in on-line shops or auctions. I've long since stopped going to the places, so I'm not really sure what's around these days, but considering the reboot, Japan probably has a bunch of new stuff out or coming out soon.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OMG, the feels on that last SM Crystal ep!

Go watch it, really close to the manga there and..well, if you're the crying sort, make sure you got tissues...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, Act 9 was amazing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I remember watching the original show and thinking that there was something about the 4 Dark Generals that was left unsaid. Was it ever established that they were possibly Endymion's version of the sailor scouts? It seems as if Venus is hinting towards knowing Kunzite, but I don't now if that goes as far back as their previous lives.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I remember watching the original show and thinking that there was something about the 4 Dark Generals that was left unsaid. Was it ever established that they were possibly Endymion's version of the sailor scouts? It seems as if Venus is hinting towards knowing Kunzite, but I don't now if that goes as far back as their previous lives.
    IIRC, they just served him; there was never a larger background other then that stated fact. There was an official artwork piece, depicting the generals and senshi paired (mentioned earlier in the thread) but nothing was ever directly stated in the original manga, and arguably not even indirectly, but that's another discussion. The reason Venus knows of Kunzite is because of her experiences as Sailor V, in the Sailor V manga. He was the general that Danburite worked under, and this all happened before the events of Sailor Moon, which leads her to do some of the things she does, in the current arc.