+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Viz notes that the above trailer features a preview of the voice actresss for Sailor Moon in the new dub. Original manga creator Naoko Takeuchi will personally approve the new dub's cast.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All I can say as a closet Sailor Moon fan is SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

I've wanted the full series for a while now, but the old subtitled versions are way too much money (about $300-1k for all that was legally subbed, unless you resort to pirated), so I had resigned myself to owning the rerelease of the manga. Thank you Viz!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah, I'm psyched as hell about this too. It's also a VERY nice gesture that they're redubbing the whole anime (jeez, what a job that must be, there are 200 episodes!). I might even check that out just for the hell of it. Sailor Moon will always mean a lot to me as my primary gateway into anime/my interest in Japan. It literally changed my life. So this is something I can be really excited for.

I'm pretty excited for this as Sailor Moon should prove to be the best opportunity to get my daughter into anime. She's really into stuff like this so I think she will take to it quite easily. Caught my wife already looking for the preorder for the blu Ray re-releases

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Marathon'd the first 4 episodes on Hulu yesterday. Very well remastered. I watched the episodes side by side with the original and I must say, I was very impressed. I am however saddened by the fact that they will only show two new episodes per week on Monday, however. It's been 15 years since I've watched this and now I'm hype all over it again.

Animeu, why.

And if anyone didn't watch that trailer Insane posed earlier, it's going to be pure uncut Sailor Moon. So that includes all of the gay relationships and Sailor Starlites.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

when do the dub versions start coming? I want to be able to watch this with my daughter.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

According to Moon Chase, the dub is "coming soon". My theory; slapping subs on a stream is faster than doing a dub, especially if you're trying to do the dub right. So all I can say is patience, grasshoppah. ^^ It'll be up when it's ready, which I assume you don't want to hear, but I don't think Viz wants to rush that.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    My theory; slapping subs on a stream is faster than doing a dub, especially if you're trying to do the dub right.
    Not a theory.

This is one of the reasons anime in the US was on a significant delay (a year or more) in the VHS/DVD days, they had to have the dub done before distribution.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Good to know. Anyway in that article, they mention Viz is going to introduce the dub cast next month (Sometime at Anime Expo) so I assume the dub will show up during that convention or sometime after. As I said, patience, grasshoppah. It'll come, let them take the time to do this right please.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Only a month to go!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    It looks so pretty!
    A little too pretty. The mouth looks especially weird D;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    A little too pretty. The mouth looks especially weird D;
    Pretty good anime approximation of how the Manga was. Something seems a bit off between the characters and the backgrounds; maybe it's because the backgrounds are made to look had-drawn vs the CG coloring most anime now-a days use. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Looks cheap and janky in motion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The gif looks painfully choppy, but I imagine the actual animation will be smoother.

Pretty sure the gif is fine, but the animation is a bit weird overall. I wouldn't say it looked cheap, I would say it looked like it was trying to hard based on the trailer. Still looking forward to it though.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is it just me or do they look super anorexic skinny? >_>

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A lot have said that. Give me a bit and I'll get you some phone pics of the new release of the manga for comparison's sake. (I do own that; Disclaimer; I'm not photoscanning all of it, just enough so you can see the Sailor Soldiers there. If you want to read it, Go Directly to Amazon, do not pass go, do not collect $200, and buy it.)

[Edit] Okay got them. WARNING: These were taken with a cell phone camera. Quality isn't the best and you can see my hand in some shots. Better to buy this, don't expect scantilation quality..

All Scouts (Sailor Venus cut off a bit)
    Sailor Jupiter
    Sailor V, again
    Sailor Mercury
    Sailor Moon 1
    Sailor Moon 2

Unfortuantely the Sailor Mars pic turned out blurry as poop so I'm not posting it, but I don't think the manga was much different for skinny girls actually. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pardon the double post but.. OFFICIAL SUBTITLED TRAILER FOR SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL.

It's not only going to be on Crunchyroll, but also on Neon Alley. I wish the original anime would end up on Crunchyroll for Canadian fans!

Also according to Moon Chase the first preview of the dub will be during Anime Expo on July 5th. So the new dub of the original anime SHOULD be showing up soon after that.