She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Elestial; I know the feeling! I'm more of a closet fan (I don't buy merch b/c my sis thinks i'm nuts as it is for liking anime. Well, other than manga and disks) but I'm going to have to stop myself from buying any figurines/merch. It's going to be a huge temptation tho my sister would still get on my rear about it if I did, lol.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pardon the double post but it's OFFICIAL DUB CAST TIME!
    Source= Crunchyroll
    Main Voice Cast

Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
    Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
    Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
    Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
    Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
    Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask

Supporting Voice Cast

Johnny Yong Bosch As Artemis
    Michelle Ruff as Luna
    Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
    Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
    Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
    Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
    Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
    Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
    Todd Haberkorn as Jadite
    Liam O' Brien as Nephrite
    Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
    Patrick Seitz as Kunzite
    You can find more details in the linked article. I think this means the dub will show up on Hulu/NeonAlley soon.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah the new dub is supposed to show up on there eventually.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I very much enjoyed the episode.

:D

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I did too! oh and I got a theory guys. When the next ep comes, I think this will be proven or disproven with time.. Basically, I noticed that the name of the first episode is exactly the same as Act 1 in the manga. If this is true and this holds(as in every ep is one act of the manga), Crystal will only go to the end of Book 5 of the Kodansha re-release of the manga. Also known as: Crystal will only be covering up to Chibi-Usa/Nemesis and that's it.

If I'm right I hope they have a Sailor Moon Crystal 2 next year or something to finish it up. ^^ (Sailor Moon Diamond, I guess?) There's 7 more volumes and 2 slimmer volumes of side stories after that..at least with the English re-releases...

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Only real complaint, the voices don't sound right, but that's cause I watched the old dub years ago (and rewatched them like 5 years ago..) -- I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Possibly Ami next week? In the original anime Usagi had a while on her own, right?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yes, but in the original they did monster of the day for about 5 -6 eps before moving any story along after each plot point. As many useless episodes as Inu Yasha D: (ok maybe not quite that many but it was up there). My guess is we will get Ami next ep and Rei the one after that, but it's been a while since I read the manga.

I liked the episode (apart from the awful CG) but I agree the voices seem a bit off.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If they stick to the manga, Ami next week for sure. Manga doesn't fool around. Here's the next few chapters (and if the title is the same as the manga, no we're not going though the whole thing unless we get a season 2):

Act 2: Ami, Sailor Mercury
    Act 3: Rei, Sailor Mars
    Act 4: Masquerade Dance Party
    Act 5: Makato, Sailor Jupiter
    Act 6: Tuxedo Mask

Remember, this is from the Kodansha rerelease; the translation on the episodes might be slightly different.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's running every first and third Saturday, so it won't be out next week. It's going to be about a year before the current season is finished.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My bad there, but yeah..Since with teh amount of episodes means we won't be going though the full manga, I hope they do have a second season. (Maybe call it SM Diamond or something?)

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Every other week? Man, gonna be such a wait for Venus..

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    My bad there, but yeah..Since with teh amount of episodes means we won't be going though the full manga, I hope they do have a second season. (Maybe call it SM Diamond or something?)
    Probably just keep calling it Sailor Moon Crystal, as no other jewel/rock pertains to Usagi, holder of the silver ginzuishou (crystal).

Apparently, Japan really liked the opening episode:

http://sgcafe.com/2014/07/sailor-moo...s-much-praise/

50.1% of the viewers rated the anime’s first episode as Very Good while 31.0% rated it as Good. 9.1% meanwhile said the episode was so-so and was neither good nor bad, while 7.9% said it was bad. Only 4.3% thought the episode was horrible.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I really enjoyed this first episode. So much nostalgia feels.

The 2 week wait between episodes is going to suck and I'll probably end up forgetting when it comes back all the time though lol.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not sure if it's because I'm reading a lot of crappily scanned mangas recently, but something is putting me off at the moment. It seems too clean to me ;D

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If anything could be "off-putting," it's possibly Usagi having less emotion than, as a Kotaku comment noted, Kristen Stewart.

They're too concerned about making her look cute than actually be expressive, which could apply to everyone but hopefully not. I haven't seen a huge deal of personality from anyone yet (just in terms of looks).

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Too bad they're failing at that, too. The manga was much more expressive than this. I was holding on until this first episode, but now I feel that even the manga faithfulness is out the window. Oh, well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    If they stick to the manga, Ami next week for sure. Manga doesn't fool around. Here's the next few chapters (and if the title is the same as the manga, no we're not going though the whole thing unless we get a season 2):

Act 2: Ami, Sailor Mercury
    Act 3: Rei, Sailor Mars
    Act 4: Masquerade Dance Party
    Act 5: Makato, Sailor Jupiter
    Act 6: Tuxedo Mask

Remember, this is from the Kodansha rerelease; the translation on the episodes might be slightly different.
    Well you wouldn't be wrong because Ep2 is literally called "Ami - Sailor Mercury" next week.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    If anything could be "off-putting," it's possibly Usagi having less emotion than, as a Kotaku comment noted, Kristen Stewart.

Yeah, there's something that I'm having trouble finding the words to explain about my issues with the show.

There's inconsistencies with how the characters seem to be drawn. In the arcade scene with Andrew (sorry, I forgot the Japanese name), he leaned over Usagi's shoulder and I winced because it looked weird. Then when they had a side shot of him he was fine. I wonder if it's a situation where the senior and more experienced animators/in betweeners are doing their choice of things, and the less experienced folks are left with some scenes that are a little difficult to sort out.

The transformation sequence really threw me for a loop also. Maybe it's because of the proportions of the characters themselves are way off. She's like 2/3rds legs and 1/3rd torso. Normally it's not too noticeable but that 3D sequence really helped push it to my mind.

It may just be me being too sensitive about it at the moment. I am reading Fruits Basket, and the characters there are completely of out whack most of the time also, so it might just be because there's inconsistencies in comparison. I also haven't read the source material for this, so it could actually be being faithful to it and I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast