1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Account Security Reminder (03/17/2014)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...4ceda18a4657cf
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/45e...a18a4657cf.png
    To further strengthen account security when playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, players are encouraged to log in using a security token or software token.

These security devices generate one-time passwords, which remain effective for only a fixed period of time and become invalid once the user logs in, offering protection against spyware such as key logging programs. Using a one-time password in combination with your Square Enix ID and password will offer greatly strengthened security for your account.

Furthermore, players who log in with a one-time password will now receive an in-game bonus.

Read on for details.
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/45e...a18a4657cf.png

To further strengthen account security when playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, players are encouraged to log in using a security token or software token.

These security devices generate one-time passwords, which remain effective for only a fixed period of time and become invalid once the user logs in, offering protection against spyware such as key logging programs. Using a one-time password in combination with your Square Enix ID and password will offer greatly strengthened security for your account.

Learn more about how to register your one-time password.
    (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/)

In-Game Bonus for One-Time Password Users

As of patch 2.2, when logged into the game with a one-time password, you will have the option to designate one aetheryte of your choice as a free destination. Teleporting to your free destination will incur no gil fee. Moreover, you may change your free destination as many times as desired.
    * The free destination is only valid for Square Enix accounts with a registered one-time password.
    * In the event your one-time password has been deactivated, teleporting to your destination will incur a gil fee. Furthermore, your free location cannot be changed while your one-time password is deactivated.

As a quick and easy way to ensure a safe and secure gaming experience, we highly recommend all users take advantage of the one-time password feature.
    A free second home point and I don't have to do anything that I wasn't already? I like it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aww I was thinking they'd give us a neck piece that has a token attached to it lol as vanity.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fuck vanity, I'll take the free Aetheryte. May have to shuffle my HP if I can get free ports to Mor Dhona.

This is a genius way to get people to buy tokens or register the free Android/iPhone app (which everyone should).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What a smart move!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I don't understand why people need to be bribed to make their accounts more secure, but I'll definitely take it. I've been using a token for XI since it came out when RMTs were hacking accounts left and right. To this day, you still see people say they got hacked and when asked if they have the token they usually say I disabled it herpderp.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Very smart move, I will most likely save this item on retainer and if it can be used in the expansion areas I'll choose a place then but as of right now I mostly sit in Mor Dohna, only time I really teleport around is when doing leves which usually pay out more than what I spend on teleports anyway because of reduced rates.

I was like "yay-ish" until I realized we can't designate our house as our HP so I doubt we'll be able to make our home ward the free tele point.

Yay free mor dhona teles....I guess.

(I'm still really annoyed by this)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Very smart move, I will most likely save this item on retainer and if it can be used in the expansion areas I'll choose a place then but as of right now I mostly sit in Mor Dohna, only time I really teleport around is when doing leves which usually pay out more than what I spend on teleports anyway because of reduced rates.
    Why would you wait to choose? You can freely change your free telepoint.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    It gets set like a favored destination, and can be moved as many times as you like. This is different than the 360 day veteran reward which grants consumable free teleport tickets.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This is great, I think I might prefer a XI-Mog-Satchel type of thing right now, but either way it's good stuff.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I have yet to use my token (mostly out of forgetting a free one came with the 1.0 CE, but I will certainly use it now.