+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kainstryder View Post
    I'd imagine RUN works fine, the only problem being Zapdos non stop dispelling you. Can RUN negate more magic damage than an Aegis PLD without any buffs? If no, then it's inferior, but probably won't get one shot still, so as long as you have a healer or two who can constantly cure you, it should work.
    Depends on what you consider no buffs.

An aegis pld can and probably should gear himself to cap even if shell gets dispel so lets just consider 10 mdb from ilvl gear, capped aegis mdt and floored resist rate will reduce magic dmg by ~88.9%.

Now RUN is a little more complicated feel safe to still assume 10 mdb from gear but also 22 from traits, not sure on gearing but I doubt they'd be easily gearing for capped mdt with shell down so let's say 30 without shell capped with obviously, also lets assume full vallation merits (which I think are still broken) when it's up and capped resist rate. With both capped mdt and vallation would be -96%, but val will be down a bit so without 92.7%, with only 30% mdt -89.8%.

So yes it is RUN "can" however kinda depends on a huge difference in resist rate between pld and RUN and content comes out way to fast for us to really gauge a mobs macc to figure out what kind of differences we are talking about so kinda doubtful and unknown if you'd go from floored to capped resist rate switching from pld to run. In the end dispel is still a major problem for run and they really should have made wards undispellable too. I mean imagine if removing aegis for a minute was as common as dispel is? Aegis tanking would be much harder

On an upnote for RUN the gap between physical dmg mitigation between aegis and RUN is closing since aegis has horrible blockrate at higher levels

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, I say Aegis vs RUN because with our PLD, even in best DT gear and Aegis he sometimes takes 50% from Static Prison.
    By best DT (and I assume some mdt) gear do you mean that your pld is still hitting 87.5% without shell? I've only done the wkr version but since I started assuming shell would be down and doing that or at least close static wont do more than 300-400ish

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It only took one Marjami run for me to start incorporating an absolutely capped MDT set for my PLD. Not needing shell anymore is pretty nifty

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    By best DT (and I assume some mdt) gear do you mean that your pld is still hitting 87.5% without shell? I've only done the wkr version but since I started assuming shell would be down and doing that or at least close static wont do more than 300-400ish
    Basically. He'll take 400ish each time, but here and there it spikes to him taking 50% damage, so idk if it's just him getting caught in a macro or a critical hit or whatever. I throw a Shell 1 out just because when I play WHM for that fight, I literally have nothing else to do besides cure/para then thumb it. It's an incredibly simple fight.

On another note, again with the harpy, as long as he's had scherzo, he's never died to it. Using Cure V only just for stoneskin purposes too helps tremendously, just for safety. So for anyone looking to still clear this or farm the zone reliably, 50% and below make your BRD just do pianissimo scherzo on the PLD (Or RUN if you do this route) and watch for it to be dispelled. Keep him always capped and plow through it and you'll never lose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Basically. He'll take 400ish each time, but here and there it spikes to him taking 50% damage, so idk if it's just him getting caught in a macro or a critical hit or whatever. I throw a Shell 1 out just because when I play WHM for that fight, I literally have nothing else to do besides cure/para then thumb it. It's an incredibly simple fight.
    Basically? Well if shell 1 as crappy as it is was barely capping him it would litterally increase dmg by 80% not having it up. Also iirc zapdos also has a mdb down move? A lot of mobs that have a move like that are -50 mdb. But yeah probably caught between maccros. Crits assuming that it even can and they work like players will barely budget the dmg

Basically as in he takes fuck all for damage most of the time, but here and there spikes of 50%. I think it's an aura for the MDB or Static Prison does it, I'm not really sure, as I haven't checked the information for the move, but I do recall a MDB down when I did sacriifice once. Again he's never life threatening and our PLD has never fallen below 50%; he is an absolute joke of a boss.

On another note, again with the harpy, as long as he's had scherzo, he's never died to it. Using Cure V only just for stoneskin purposes too helps tremendously, just for safety. So for anyone looking to still clear this or farm the zone reliably, 50% and below make your BRD just do pianissimo scherzo on the PLD (Or RUN if you do this route) and watch for it to be dispelled. Keep him always capped and plow through it and you'll never lose.
    Scherzo will not save you from Ravenous Wail. It is multihit, and I believe it is also a breath attack. It sounds like you've gotten lucky, or your damage has been low enough in whatever form counts for his Wail damage.

Then my group must be lucky, because anytime the PLD has not had scherzo, he's taken 6k+ and died, but with it, never once has he died. This is from numerous Marjami runs. The damage is all from RNGs non stop shooting and WSing, no regard for its gimmick.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

if your pld was taking 6k+ from wail, scherzo wasn't saving them anyways.

I have no other explanation then. We've yet to lose a Marjami because of it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

One possibility is that you ramp up it's damage SO HIGH that Scherzo actually works again?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a max power scherzo reduces damage by 50%, so unless their PLD is running around with 3000+ HP, then 6,000 dmg or higher would still kill them. (iirc, scherzo is applied after all other forms of DT)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

yeah its applied after PDT/MDT, etc

Sorry to interrupt the discussion.
    For Mirka, any idea how to stop it level up?
    Is it certain of his TP move causing the level up or after numbers of TP moves?
    We were doing some testing, seems like after certain time, he is levelling. And I'm not sure that is time based or numbers of attack he had.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

When we fought it for initial KI's, we just went in with PLD and 3 RNG's and support and just pew pew it down, never leveld up or anything.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the discussion.
    For Mirka, any idea how to stop it level up?
    Is it certain of his TP move causing the level up or after numbers of TP moves?
    We were doing some testing, seems like after certain time, he is levelling. And I'm not sure that is time based or numbers of attack he had.
    Pretty sure there was a reply earlier that states WSing it from the front triggers the level up, but don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    When we fought it for initial KI's, we just went in with PLD and 3 RNG's and support and just pew pew it down, never leveld up or anything.
    Nice to know about this and the WS infront of it. Thanks!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What's the gimmick to prevent ravenous wail from doing 4700 to the pld? Sucks if it's just dt and scherzo, it's like too ridiculous of a damaging attack for here not be a way to lock/mitigate it. It sounds like a punish attack like flail or something

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

theres been a plethora of theories, ranging from:
    dealing ice damage to lock it
    spacing out damage types
    not dealing too much damage between TP moves
    facing north east
    wind damage

no one knows for sure.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Taken from ffxi.wikiwiki.jp

ラビナスウェール|自身中心範囲|風ブ レスダメージ、静寂、スタン |消去 |スタン効果時間短い。 |ダメージは残HPに反比例。
    Ravenous Wail |Center AoE | Wind-based Damage, silence, stun| Wipe (shadows)| Stun duration is short | Damage is inversely proportional to remaining HP

Not that this is a solution to it, but it's why it's doing so much damage.

As for their theory on the fight, i only see one line that pertains to Ravenous Wail directly:

ラビナスウェールが強力。ブレスダ