+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    for clarifaction, i already have experience clearing it with rngs plenty of times, just trying to find alternative farming solutions to yorcia since it can get kind of boring spamming it. is there no way around harpeia other than yaesagumi? only let's us do 1 run at a time before having to rely on resets
    i remember us just sending in 1 melee at a time for the harpy until the melee died, rinse repeat. So you keep your DPS allways on on her. worked best, when we melee burn it. The apkallu was allways a pain in the ass, but with the SC and WS dmg i think he doesnt impose such a huge problem anymore.

for the megaboss indi-fend (m.def buff) from a geo is key, melees will take little dmg then.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

alright, thanks. i'll give it a try

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    for clarifaction, i already have experience clearing it with rngs plenty of times, just trying to find alternative farming solutions to yorcia since it can get kind of boring spamming it. is there no way around harpeia other than yaesagumi? only let's us do 1 run at a time before having to rely on resets
    Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    For what it's worth, all of Podarge's TP moves can be stunned with Idris Macc+/Meva-(landed over 10 stuns without any resists). Was still getting resists on a none-Idris GEO, but that could possibly be corrected with a much more Macc focused stun set or simply using bolster.
    This is literally on the same page you posted on...

Harpy can be consistently stunned even without Idris if you use Bolster. It's also probably possible without Idris or Bolster if you stack on more macc+ from other sources: GEO's INT+, WHM's INT+, COR's macc+ roll, BRD's Threnody.

Penguin is a matter of using slow/elegy/para and not using Berserk. The only reason I've ever died to mandy/penguin is because I used Berserk. Since using GEOx2 and COR(capped attack/accuracy for everything without berserk/aggressor) I've never died to either. Throwing on an Entrust-Wilt doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    for the megaboss indi-fend (m.def buff) from a geo is key, melees will take little dmg then.
    There's literally nothing dangerous about MB unless you don't deal with aura. No reason to gimp your DPS by using those types of GEO spells.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Alternatively Harpy is clunky and super prone to being kited. Back in the day when Delve2 was new an LS on my server always had a SCH solo down harpy while the other people worked on T4. Maybe there can be some semi kite strat applied for DD where they DPS in between TP moves during the normal melee hits while GEO nukes ice or something.

But ya the Boss without Aura is like the tamest of all the 6 Delve bosses. Only when Aura is up it will start meleeing for 1k dmg and spam dispel.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okay, I just dramatically expanded the Wopket page in the style of the original three Delve bosses. I also added some more info to the original three as well. I'll do Cailimh and Podarge later and I'll also eventually have a PLD solo video of Podarge up.

Please check out and peer review Wopket: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Wopket

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Branch Poke is Dark based and drains HP.
    Branch Sweep inflicts Evasion Down.
    Root of the Problem also inflicts all stats down and I believe is only used below 50% with Canopierce.
    Uproot does % damage (cannot kill), resets hate and erases Wopket debuffs. It doesn't seems to give Regen, unlike the WKR version.
    Wopket has an extreme resistance to Piercing.

On our last Yorcia run, we held Wopket for a long moment in order to verify how the aura could drop. SAMs were just meleeing or using Shoha (no SC) and I was doing 1/5 0 TP Wind Blade during aura while adjusting my Pet MAB.
    Here's the damage Garuda did to remove each aura
    First Uproot : 5279, 5279
    Second : 5087, 4470
    Third : 4064, 4064
    Fourth : 4064, 3692
    Fifth : 3320, 3320... Then I asked our GEO to nuke it with the spell Aero 31, 1149, 285, 142, 734, 539 (aura still up) then I used Aero II with Garuda for 2267
    Sixth : 3692, 3692, 1571 (Wind Blade x2 and Garuda Aero II)

This need more testing as I can't explain why Aero spells haven't removed the aura (would it have been different with stronger/unresisted Aero IV nukes?) but it really seems Garuda has to do between 7384 and 7756 wind damage to break the aura which almost exactly corresponds to 2% of Wopket' life (it has around 370,000~380,000 HP with 6). There could be a link between Wopket' maximum HP and the amount of damage to perform during aura, I remember we used to do Astral Conduit Wind Blade rotations when doing 15~18 man runs in the past, it was much harder to proc "!!".

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've seen all TP moves go off at all percentages of HP remaining personally, including him opening with Uproot, so I'll monitor that next time I go into Yorcia (which is very frequent). Is "branch poke" darkness breath or darkness magic? It never misses and deals unusually consistent damage regardless of Shell, that's why I personally think breath, but I'll check it again anyway (I have one hell of a BDT set on my PLD in which I can do EV without scherzo). Also, for the Naakuals that have magical autos, it's highly unusual for them to hurt as much as his do. For the time being, I will make the page say it's a darkness-based drain. I feel silly now that I didn't think of Drain given the sound effects and peculiar animation. Sorry about that.

As far as abilities, only thing I added about Uproot's damage was that it's light based, which is consistent with the BLU spell. I just left the rest from the previous people. The other ability info I changed was making the note that Canopierce is distributed damage (Aegis reduces it last I checked, but I want to check it again just in case, so I just wrote "damage") and added that despite the animation, Potted Plant does not inflict silence (it's got those dialog bubbles with '...' for some reason).

As far as what you just told me about dropping the aura, I have to ask, how many people did you have with you? Because I've noted that on both Tojil and Dakuwaqa, the aura is significantly easier to drop with fewer people. Also, given the pre-existing claims about how much bursted damage Cailimh needed to drop his aura (and their fluctuation in accounts personal experience and the claims of others) I would honestly speculate that the amount really does vary by participants. I noted this a while back but I don't want to say it's fact yet. The fact that you needed to use AC rotations in the past lends some weight to this theory though. I will add a stipulation accordingly.

And finally, the regen is a product of the aura, not of Uproot. It's not an effect per-say, but a silent, inherent trait that appears when the aura does similar to Cailimh's critical boost and magic attack boost (I made my last Cailimh group hold at 1% just to check with Dispel). Again, I left the effects on Wopket aspect of that description alone. I can confirm that the Regen still appears as I've seen his HP climb back up gradually after DD halted damage. However, that could just be the auto-attack drain you mentioned. As you've been on BG much longer than I have, I'll edit the information according how you say it should be. In general, the heuristics of each Delve boss parallel the Naakual entirely with exception to numbers, aura drop methods, and the usage of magic for the other five Naakuals and bosses, thus it would not make sense for Wopket to violate this strongly established pattern. Regardless, the Regen aspect was already there when I edited the page. So, let me know what I should do there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'd check what Wopket has access to again based on percent. I'm fairly confident it can only use Firefly from 100% to 75%, then it gains access to Potted Plant from 74% to 50%. 49% and down I believe it gains access to Root of the Problem and Canopierce, but it's been so long it'd need double checking. Uproot can be used at any percent.

One thing I'd note for Cailimh is that while it's very obvious that a static amount of magic bursted earth damage is needed to break aura(4Kish with 6-8 people breaks it every time), but the more damage you do while aura is up, the higher its -DT will be(not 100% on what enables the -DT, could just be number of Static Prisons used). I think it caps out at -50% or so, which might be why some people thought it has slashing resistance or were unable to break aura at all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Delve2 bosses don't have access to all their TP moves from the start. Cailimh won't use Reverse Current and Sparkstorm above 50% (or maybe 25% for Sparkstorm). Utkux won't use Permafrost Requiem above 50%.
    The "Branch Poke" indeed cannot be resisted even by Diabolos and does the same damage with Shell, it's probably Breath based. You can see the Drain effect if you bring Wopket to 99% with a simple melee hit and wait the attack, the chat log will display the same amount of damage you have dealt and Wopket will return to 100%.

We were 6 when we did that testing run and yes I think the amount is based on the number of participant (for Wopket at least).
    You can state that Wopket gets the Regen effect during aura like Yumcax. After holding it for several minutes I think it's maybe not the case or that it's a very small Regen but I can be wrong on that, as you said it would not make sense.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ignoring Polar Roar, Utkux only has access to Brain Freeze from 100 to 75%, 74% Biting Abrogation unlocks and like Tachi said, Permafrost Requiem under 50%. Glacial Tomb is used exclusively when aura is up. I've never seen Glassy Nova used earlier than 5+ Glacial Tombs(out of over 100 melee kills), but I think someone said it can once.

As a side trick to doing Utkux, all of his moves ready fairly slow and it's easy to out run them all if your reflexes are fast enough. JA0 helps a ton, but it's possible without.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It looks like each boss gets a new TP move every 25%.

Cailimh
    100% : Brownout
    75% : Reverbating Cry
    50% : Reverse Current
    25% : Sparkstorm

Wopket
    100% : Firefly Fandango
    75% : Potted Plant
    50% : Root of the Problem
    25% : Canopierce

Utkux
    100% : Brain Freeze
    75% : Biting Abrogation
    50% : Permafrost Requiem

So far, none of the multiple videos I checked contradict that.

Utkux can use Glassy Nova after 0-1 Glacial Tomb under 25%.
    Also, if it wasn't already known Cailimh is resistant to Blunt. Outside of aura phases, a buffed MNK hits for like 100-150 dmg.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Before an angry mob assembles at the door to my Mog House, I should probably say that there was no pre-existing information on the moves unlocking (aside from earlier speculations in this thread I read on my phone whilst at Jack-in-the-Box) and also that I only organized the moves by usage frequency with no mention or implications of unlocking since I had no information on them at the time.

Regardless, I'll put up your findings and attribute the HP amounts to Tachi of Cerberus. Is that all right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Granted, it's all the way back on page 13, but I mentioned moves unlocking on Wopket after our first win after Delve2 was released.

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    5NM+MB

MNK/RUN x3, WHM x2, BRD and RDM.

Any combination of DD should work(minus piercing DD). Not exactly sure if /run was taking down aura because it was spamming the crap out of Uproot. The RDM was spamming Aero2 when aura was up. We did notice a few !!'s though.

Mostly uses Firefly Fandango from 100-75%. Potted Plant unlocks at 74%. Root of the Problem and Canopierce seem to unlock at 24%. Can use Uproot at any time, which unlocks Tiiimber. Though I don't think we ever saw one above 50%.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, and even at lower HP percentages, that affinity order for TP moves holds for every time I've ever been on Wopket. The page also said (before I made any edits at all) said that Firefly Fandago was used frequently. I merely expounded on that.

So..uhh...let's put the pitchforks down.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Okay. Did botched Wopket runs again and I have corrected more things on the page. Turns out that two Uproots is the minimum before Timber goes off. If someone could put the TP unlock sequence in, that would be great. If not, I'll do it when I get the chance.

Also, another note on everyone's favorite Delve NM: Podarge. Recently, on a Marjami run, I got to have the pleasure of seeing Kaleidoscopic Fury go off on me. No, it did not deal much damage (~400) but it was strange as it was the first time I've ever seen it. It was also the first time I've ever seen someone bother attempting to debuff Podarge and succeeding (WHM paralyzed her), so it might be linked to that. I will not make an assertion on it yet without more observations.

Now, as I promised Sechs, I looked into the usage patterns of Wings of Agony. It is only used above 50% HP and this I am now sure of. Wings of Woe is only used below 50% HP along with Ravenous Wail. I didn't pay attention to Rending Talons because it's it's so harmless, but I assume that one is usable whenever. I did managed to successfully pull of a PLD solo of Podarge and my method for mitigating Ravenous Wail held. It never broke 100 DMG and did ~40 DMG both times in hybrid DT gear. She favored Shrieking Gale much more which is very annoying. I saw no uses of Kaleidoscopic Fury and I did not debuff her.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Okay. Did botched Wopket runs again and I have corrected more things on the page. Turns out that two Uproots is the minimum before Timber goes off. If someone could put the TP unlock sequence in, that would be great. If not, I'll do it when I get the chance.

Also, another note on everyone's favorite Delve NM: Podarge. Recently, on a Marjami run, I got to have the pleasure of seeing Kaleidoscopic Fury go off on me. No, it did not deal much damage (~400) but it was strange as it was the first time I've ever seen it. It was also the first time I've ever seen someone bother attempting to debuff Podarge and succeeding (WHM paralyzed her), so it might be linked to that. I will not make an assertion on it yet without more observations.

Now, as I promised Sechs, I looked into the usage patterns of Wings of Agony. It is only used above 50% HP and this I am now sure of. Wings of Woe is only used below 50% HP along with Ravenous Wail. I didn't pay attention to Rending Talons because it's it's so harmless, but I assume that one is usable whenever. I did managed to successfully pull of a PLD solo of Podarge and my method for mitigating Ravenous Wail held. It never broke 100 DMG and did ~40 DMG both times in hybrid DT gear. She favored Shrieking Gale much more which is very annoying. I saw no uses of Kaleidoscopic Fury and I did not debuff her.
    I can verify debuff doesn't change her behavior. We don't run Marjami with WHM anymore, PLD RDM BRD + whatever RNGs need/wabt is usually what we do, this includes COR GEO and stuff in the RNG PT. On every single boss in the zone, I (the RDM) keep all possible debuffs on all bosses, and Kaleidoscopic Fury is still fairly random.

As for Ravenous Wail, I personally like the theory of it being like Discoid from Assailer Chariot in Abyssea - Grauberg, but with a time window instead of the window being between Discoid usage; and instead of 1:1 return of damage, it's a correlation. I like it because usually consecutive Ravenous Wails usually result in a weaker 2nd Wail.

Just in case you're not sure how Discoid works on that NM, it basically returns all the damage it has taken since its last usage of Discoid. So for Podrage, the theory would be bursty damage before Ravenous Wail resulting in extreme damage.

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks Sephiran for the additional research!

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    I can verify debuff doesn't change her behavior. We don't run Marjami with WHM anymore, PLD RDM BRD + whatever RNGs need/wabt is usually what we do, this includes COR GEO and stuff in the RNG PT. On every single boss in the zone, I (the RDM) keep all possible debuffs on all bosses, and Kaleidoscopic Fury is still fairly random.

As for Ravenous Wail, I personally like the theory of it being like Discoid from Assailer Chariot in Abyssea - Grauberg, but with a time window instead of the window being between Discoid usage; and instead of 1:1 return of damage, it's a correlation. I like it because usually consecutive Ravenous Wails usually result in a weaker 2nd Wail.

Just in case you're not sure how Discoid works on that NM, it basically returns all the damage it has taken since its last usage of Discoid. So for Podrage, the theory would be bursty damage before Ravenous Wail resulting in extreme damage.
    If it worked like Discoid, I think I would have been dead several times over while soloing it since Ravenous Wail was only used twice. Only way I could see a Discoid-like mechanism fitting the bill would if its intervals spanned all TP moves instead of Ravenous Wails only. Consequently, I will solo it again this time just rolling through only with physical damage to see if this is the case. This theory has piqued my interest.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    If it worked like Discoid, I think I would have been dead several times over while soloing it since Ravenous Wail was only used twice. Only way I could see a Discoid-like mechanism fitting the bill would if its intervals spanned all TP moves instead of Ravenous Wails only. Consequently, I will solo it again this time just rolling through only with physical damage to see if this is the case. This theory has piqued my interest.
    you didn't seem to read all of my post. I said Discoid with a limited window, which is why I am inclined to think only burst damage right before the Wail is dangerous.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, I just wasn't sure what you meant by "limited window". However, now that you clarified it, I can almost assure you it does not likely work that way. When this content first came out and I was doing clear runs with my old LS, we'd farm T5 beads outside the fracture simply returning each time we wiped with a zombie present to keep the NM from regenerating or despawning. This was possible due to the proximity of the spawn point to Bivouac #04. It was a bloodbath of RNG's, mages, and PLD's.

We experimented tirelessly to find the mechanics of Ravenous Wail. We literally took turns trying out one person's theory after another in a process that was quite humorous now that I reflect back on it. One setup involved not WS'ing or Barraging at all below 50% HP. Didn't work. PLD still ate ~4500 DMG without scherzo. An RNG could fire a single shot after one wail and the next wail would be fatal. I mentioned this earlier but it was in a big wall of text. This is why I believe that wail is not dependent on the amounts of each damage per say, but the ratios of physical to magical, as no other mechanics would lead up to 200 DMG dealt from a single shot returning 4000+ DMG.