BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The mechanics of the stunt are pretty obvious. Increase damage with Effusion: Gambit and Geomancy. Cooperate with your RUN for added skillchain damage. COR is obviously there for buffs and what little main healing might be needed.

I've actually done this with a SAM (obviously not me, I don't play DD jobs) in the past using similar tactics. Of course, it was not this fast and we did have six people.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I wonder if not blinding T1 and going the magic route could speed this up.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres no magic damage multiplier for not blinding it, atleast thats what someone said before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's not a magic damage multiplier, just resistance. Because Hybrid WSs cannot resist, it's a non-issue here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not blinding it will make it take normal magic damage, which will enable you to capitalize on the big skillchain damage like he did on the other NMs - unless I am missing something here.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Can't have big skillchain DMG if your physical BPs do crappy damage because of the PDT.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    Can't have big skillchain DMG if your physical BPs do crappy damage because of the PDT.
    I guess you are right. D: If it was like in the old days where Flash still killed off BLIND could do some fancy timing tactic.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And here we are: https://youtu.be/PTWohPGicyw

While sloppily done, this should demo the mechanics of the damage inflation on part of Podarge. It also seems to affect her auto-attacks a little bit too, but not as much as TP moves. Towards the end I eased up on physical damage to avoid getting splattered and because she was being a pain with knockback and plague.

I'll make another video in which I don't get pushed half-way across the zone. Also, one in which I also don't use OBS. This was most definitely the nail in the coffin on me switching to Fraps.

When I last played, beating Tojil was as good as it got... I'll be picking up the game again in the next month or so... I'm decently geared to Tojil standard... What's changed since then? I'm guessing there are billions of formless strike oat monks now and my advantage has gone lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't even really need mnk. I've seen 5-6 bst do full tojil runs

I have bst as well so that could work :D

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordesequiel View Post
    I have bst as well so that could work :D
    Welcome back. Also, if you like EG events where you can play as BST, be sure to check out Vagary.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You can do tojil as long as the healing can support 2~ cures between each swing it takes. I have brought a bst along with me when doing a Rdm brd sam tojil him subbing dnc to help the brd and Rdm during tojil if needed for himself. And honestly, bst using cloudsplitter made the run much fast I'm the tojil fight, during the pull we got extra adds that normally I'd have stymie slept tojil to deal with the adds first if there are a lot but since I used it by accident earlier, the bst took two at a time till they were all dead then made quick work of tojil first 25%. The cures were still fine, as we changed one song to a minne, just because. But bst is definitely not bad, the pet did considerable dmg in its own right. If anyone tells you that bst is impossible to work with, not just in pet only runs, ignore them because they're misinformed

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone know hps of mobs and how they scale now... also kind of curious about delve 1 too like Matamata

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Not first hand experience, but from what I've heard/read it's pretty significant drop in HP. There was a group that 3 manned Tojil and said their spells/readys were doing 4-6% per use. Seems crazy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

3manned 1-5B kamihr drift yesterday. Our SMN just one shotted the mega-boss. It was a literally 3s fight(mega-boss). HP drop is really significant. 3man is 17% of full alliance setup.