Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

complete all RoE?

Campaign
    BG Level

Reading up your comments on the Delve gear, I'm gettin mixed up feelings.
    It seems to have more variety for augments (with more "special" stats like DA and so on).
    On the other hand, the augments are less plain compared to Delve1 sets, and on most paths they're gonna end up having low stats, which means no complete 119 replacement for Delve1 gear.
    For instance the Qaaxo is missing Agi on hands and Dex on legs, which were instead present on Manibozho.

With the fact that you can get more pieces it might be cool to go for multiple augments, but you cannot discern that unless you use Gearswap and honestly it can potentially become quite gruesome for your inventory.

Campaign
    BG Level

Trying to look things from a different perspective (the dev pov), that might be exactely the reason why they went this path with new delve2 gear instead of giving us Delve+1 (119 version of Cizin/Manibozho/Bokwus).
    Don't want to talk about Bokwus/Cizin but at least for Manibozho it makes sense.
    If Delve2 gear were just 119 stuff with augmentable STR/DEX/att/acc, they would have become default TP/WS pieces for many jobs in many slots.
    Why bothering upgrading 5 different AF/Relic 119 bodies when you can just get a delve2 body and use that for WS across 5 jobs?
    It would seriously hinder the reforged stuff's wanted level.
    Aside from a couple exceptions, people would want only pieces with special JS enhancements, and for everything else they'd use the Delve stuff. And this isn't the way reforged AF/Relic work. Many pieces do not have particularly interesting special stats (or have none) and their only interesting aspect is being a high raw stats piece for a single job to use for specific situations (WS, some JA, sometimes TP too)
    This way instead you have many more equal/sidegradeish options with different pros and cons.
    It should make gearing more interesting, and also more time consuming, meaning players will be busy getting stuff for more time, they won't complete it in a few weeks only to find themselves bored with nothing to do, and in return this will put less pressure on developers to release more content.

Following up on this direction, it's gonna be hard for them to balance Empyrean sets, for many jobs. They might decide to go the "lower stats vomit" way to keep Reforged AF/Relic interesting.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Qaaxo

Head
    A:Att+15, Eva+15, DA+2
    B:Acc+15, STR+7, PDT-3
    C:Att+15, STR+12, STP+3

Body:
    A: Att+15 Eva+15, DA+2
    B: Acc+15, STR+7, PDT-3
    C: Acc+15, Pet Att+20, Pet: Acc+20

Hands:
    A: Att+15, Eva+15, DA+2
    C: Rng.Atk+15, STP+3, Snapshot+3

Legs:
    C: HP+75, M.Eva+15, PDT-5

Feet:
    C: Att+15, MAB+15, STR+12

Campaign
    BG Level

So the model is having A and B paths fixed, and C path dynamic, changing according to the slot?
    Those are some pretty random augments though.
    For Delve1 they were more consistent. You could basically choose (I'm simplifying) between Att, Acc or Eva.
    Here it's all mixed up and to get something you want, you end up getting something you don't want.
    Take path A for instance. I might be interested in the +15Att and +2DA, but maybe I would have liked Acc+15 instead that Evasion...
    Or PDT, which is highly redundant since for PDT I'm going to have specific (and better) sets (Skirmish ones).
    Why couldn't there be an Att+15 instead of PDT-3?

And the C path is all strange and "special". Take Feet, some jobs will be happy for STR+12/Att+15 but won't care for the Mab+15, and vice-versa.

I dunno, there are nice options from these sets but overall I can't help but feel disappointed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    Rank 15 Xabbi ATT+15 acc+10 stp +3 Apparently took like 5+2 airlixir to cap
    Anymore word on Xabbi pieces? Are all of their pieces and paths the same, unlike the light set?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's the same pattern, static A B, varied C, but I don't have the Airlixirs (or the pieces) to do them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Not sure if this was mentioned but the Raaz NM seems to take full Requiescat dmg when nothing else is working. Night Terror and Nether Blast also did a portion or their damage (350+) compared to other Blood Pacts which would eiter hit for 0 ~50.

Night Terror was also rather effective against the Yztarg when other magic Pacts were doing crappy damage. Average Night Terror was about 3500, sometimes spiked to 4500.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yztarg may have a weakness to dark as a species. I know I read in the Skirmish thread to use Noctohelix on the one in there, and it regularly did far more damage than anything else I could use.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

For the gnole in Kamihr - you need to spam light damage on it. This will also proc the blue !!. After a certain amount of dmg has been done, melee dmg will pretty much be floored. Mnks hitting for 7-9, rngs hitting for 0-1. Proccing it will bump dmg back up to several hundred per fist for mnks.

Constant banish/dia spam let me do 300-400 per punch, otherwise it was ~200. Constant spam also prevents the dmg wall coming up at all. It also seems to take ~50% extra light dmg, skillchains were regularly doing 1.5 to almost 2x dmg.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Qaaxo

Head
    A:Att+15, Eva+15, DA+2
    B:Acc+15, STR+7, PDT-3
    C:Att+15, STR+12, STP+3

Body:
    A: Att+15 Eva+15, DA+2
    C: Acc+15, Pet Att+20, Pet: Acc+20

Hands:
    C: Rng.Atk+15, STP+3, Snapshot+3

Legs:
    C: HP+75, M.Eva+15, PDT-5

Feet:
    C: Att+15, MAB+15, STR+12
    Wow... thats awesome! thank you so much

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Yztarg may have a weakness to dark as a species. I know I read in the Skirmish thread to use Noctohelix on the one in there, and it regularly did far more damage than anything else I could use.
    Friend of mine reported a 4k Impact on this guy too. I believe the species weakness to dark magic is correct. Also, wyvern breath caused it to level up (not sure what element was used) while other element magics did not. Noticed similar mechanics on the Raaz NM, A light skill chain caused it to level up and floor ranged damage to 0 while drg, mnk & pld could still damage it. Shield bash @ the end of the fight (after the level up) triggered a blue !!.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow... those dagger augments are unimpressive. I was expecting it to cap at at more like 15 att and 10 str. Hope the other paths have something a bit better.

Campaign
    BG Level

Aside from some nice DA+2 paths, the Delve2 augments seem to be inferior to the more plain but also stronger augments of the Delve1 gear.

Weapons still look interesting to me though. Some are going to be nice, especially for dualwielders.
    I'm more concerned about Gear tbh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    For the gnole in Kamihr - you need to spam light damage on it. This will also proc the blue !!. After a certain amount of dmg has been done, melee dmg will pretty much be floored. Mnks hitting for 7-9, rngs hitting for 0-1. Proccing it will bump dmg back up to several hundred per fist for mnks.

Constant banish/dia spam let me do 300-400 per punch, otherwise it was ~200. Constant spam also prevents the dmg wall coming up at all. It also seems to take ~50% extra light dmg, skillchains were regularly doing 1.5 to almost 2x dmg.
    Does a specific amount of light dmg need to be dealt in one hit to proc? Enlight or lux runes might be applicable?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Does a specific amount of light dmg need to be dealt in one hit to proc? Enlight or lux runes might be applicable?
    Our PLD was using Enlight, and our skillchain to blue proc theory probably came of a few stray Light SCs, so you're on the right track anyway. I was running Ignis to Gambit.Rayke for our Ifrits.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

T1 Yorcia Xag'nar.

Has extremely high DT towards everything besides Fire/Wind magic. Those seem to do normal damage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

our ls found that fire spells and my wildfire on cor did normal dmg on it. after we stuck a buncha debuffs on it it switched to taking normal dmg from melee attacks and ws's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast