BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve 2.0 discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's because JAs and WSs kill Chigoes too. Weapon Bash, Shield Bash, any WS, they all instantly kill Chigoes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, Quickstep and Feather Step are JAs that don't kill Chigoes. Box/Stutter also break monster weapons, like crit hits.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You know, Spirit and Soul Jump auto crit, but I don't recall ever seeing them proc Azeman.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Doesn't nearly any offensive JA kill chigoes thou? Jumps always kill them when they land regardless if they crit.

EDIT: As in regular jump/high jump, idk about the newer ones.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been messing around in Adoulin for a while, but I still haven't done much Delve or harder content. How well do players need to be for Delve I? I'm starting a group within my LS to get through Delve and other content, but Delve I will hopefully be our first focus. How well geared past spark gear do people need to be? A 119 weapon would help, but does it need to be a requirement? I can't speak for all the other players, but I can use myself as an example: My WHM has 48% (49% if I upgrade my staff to 99) cure potency with Orison body and legs +2, capped cure speed, capped skills and all the enhancing skill I can get aside from 119 gear. My MNK and THF are capped haste (Shneddick +1) without belt (Windbuffet +1 and Potentia), Asperity necklace, and the Abyssea standards for cape and rings/earrings, but still 117 weapons.

I'm actually aiming on getting newer players geared up, so I'm assuming they may not even be up to my standard, but I'll impose that they at least get 117 gear, ideally Shneddick +1 or equivalent. Will melee need 119 weapons? Better gear? Anything we should aim for before starting Delve I, or am I over-worrying?

Also, for that matter, any basic party makeup I should be looking for? Do we need a PLD? A RDM? GEO?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would say your over worrying it, but defeating the last boss for a few of those fights really comes down to knowing what their mechanics is/are and being ready for that. Being ready entails having /RUN sub jobs for the shark (just one way, not necessary, but quite useful) having someone who can stun out the more crappy TP moves on all the bosses (used to be SCH/blm, probably be o.k. with GEO/blm or RDM/blm or hell BLM/whatever, just need your stun recast to hover around 10sec or less)

I would start with a couple of runs through each zone and not even focus on killing the last boss. Just get through the 5-6 (can't remember) NM's in a timely manner. And honestly, you should be fine gear wise doing these with anything higher that 110 lvl gear. We did them originally with lvl 99 gear.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

people were clearing delve 1 with rigor baghnakhs and lv99/delve 1 gear before they gave the ilvl buff with the stat vomit on all of the equipment and the massive skill+ bonuses on weapons. as long as people have their heads on straight you could clear delve 1 in full sparks gear tbh

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alright, that's what I thought (and sorry for posting a Delve I question in a Delve II topic - wasn't paying attention). Now to get a good stunner...

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    I've been messing around in Adoulin for a while, but I still haven't done much Delve or harder content. How well do players need to be for Delve I? I'm starting a group within my LS to get through Delve and other content, but Delve I will hopefully be our first focus. How well geared past spark gear do people need to be? A 119 weapon would help, but does it need to be a requirement? I can't speak for all the other players, but I can use myself as an example: My WHM has 48% (49% if I upgrade my staff to 99) cure potency with Orison body and legs +2, capped cure speed, capped skills and all the enhancing skill I can get aside from 119 gear. My MNK and THF are capped haste (Shneddick +1) without belt (Windbuffet +1 and Potentia), Asperity necklace, and the Abyssea standards for cape and rings/earrings, but still 117 weapons.

I'm actually aiming on getting newer players geared up, so I'm assuming they may not even be up to my standard, but I'll impose that they at least get 117 gear, ideally Shneddick +1 or equivalent. Will melee need 119 weapons? Better gear? Anything we should aim for before starting Delve I, or am I over-worrying?

Also, for that matter, any basic party makeup I should be looking for? Do we need a PLD? A RDM? GEO?
    I'm glad to know this game is getting new players who are making the leap to challenge Delve content. I've made some changes to the bee page which should dramatically simplify the job for your stunner if you heed them.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gasp! What is this? Does this mean I won't have to yell at GEO's anymore for being unable to Silence Azeman?!!

Paralyze, Paralyze II, and Silence will now have a fixed duration of 180 seconds rather than a variable duration.
    Quoted from: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post542149

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That wont help them land it just make it's duration less random

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That wont help them land it just make it's duration less random
    They land it just fine. They just don't have the reactive reflexes to catch it and recast it when it wears off.

Do you see now how this reduces my blood pressure and makes me have to scream at people less? Do you see why this change will be beneficial to my health?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Figured I'd ask this question: Tojil is the plasm farm of choice, but as a variety I wouldn't mind hitting shark sometime. I'm not a MNK, though. What's a general strategy to utilize to get around craklaw without formless strikes? Can it be done just like matamata with a mage holding it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you really just want to farm plasm, you should try to farm Hurkan. It's almost as fast, if not just as fast, and it gives 50% more plasm than Tojil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    They land it just fine. They just don't have the reactive reflexes to catch it and recast it when it wears off.

Do you see now how this reduces my blood pressure and makes me have to scream at people less? Do you see why this change will be beneficial to my health?
    Just repeat after me "goosfraba"

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wopket is easier than Hurkan, I wouldn't recommend Hurkan to someone just coming off Tojil farming lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Figured I'd ask this question: Tojil is the plasm farm of choice, but as a variety I wouldn't mind hitting shark sometime. I'm not a MNK, though. What's a general strategy to utilize to get around craklaw without formless strikes? Can it be done just like matamata with a mage holding it?
    BLU can easily take advantage of the Craklaw's weakness by simply spamming physical blue magic. Rather than wait for the weakness to build up, they can just keep casting and casting, and each spell will grow consecutively stronger. The same applies to Matamata, if you hate waiting the 5 minutes or so. I personally prefer Shark to Tojil myself.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    The page on BGWiki on the Faded Craklaw is actually WRONG! I have not had the time to edit it but the mechanics are as follows:

As physical damage is dealt the cracklaw, it will gradually take reduced physical damage. Dealing magical damage or breath damage will cause it to take more physical damage. To be specific, magical and breath damage taken by this NM are NOT modulated. Only physical damage varies. Also, Riptide Eupnea appears to unlock below 75% HP and DOES NOT reset the physical damage modifier.

I've done the shark with no MNK's before by simply breaking off from the party (as SCH) and soloing the craklaw (after securing T2 with Impact of course). All I do is run from Sundering Snip (I explained how that works earlier in this thread) and spam thunder nukes. When my MP gets low, I Spirit Taker for 5000+ DMG. The enemy drops exceeding fast.

I also have solo'd this mob before on PLD. It's much easier in the Fracture as the mobs there actually have halfway decent ACC. If bringing a seventh slot PLD is your thing (or using PLD as a main DD is), you can kill it by lining up a bunch of mobs and spamming Requiescat while the other DD's beat on it. You can also alternate Requiescat and CdC to solo it easily.

Currently, I'm attempting to formulate a Muyingwa solo based on this paradigm. I have named it "add-burning".

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Wopket is easier than Hurkan, I wouldn't recommend Hurkan to someone just coming off Tojil farming lol.
    For melee strat yes, but RNG strat Marjami is probably the easiest of all of the zones, as long as your PLD knows the path and can survive the harpy.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I doubt he has that because he is asking about melee jobs and most PLD wouldn't survive against the Harpy.