Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Job Points discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    No.
    My BRD is level 50 but I •*HIGHLY*• doubt they would break the "speed cap".
    -80% is there because more than that and you start getting ∞s happening.
    Insightful. I don't have it, but no ways.

I'd wager many JPs (once 30 cap comes along) will be found to be calculated in separate steps. Quite a few will provide an easy means to hit the cap as is, or go beyond it. Geo's SP2 JP will cap at -90% cast time. I know equipment enmity is capped at +100/-50, not aware of any listed caps for JA based enmity augmentation, but Whm's Divine Seal JP will cap at -90 Enmity. Not that far fetched to think they'd stack it in a separate step to avoid your supposed ∞s, even though lock out does that fine on it's own.

Can it even be tested if it goes beyond the cap in a separate step? I'm no Brd, but capped cast reduction seems to be all but insta cast for them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm pretty sure songs become instant. Post-action delays prevent issues with infinity

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Equipment is 200 now... not that it matters with a completely broken enmity system

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Joachim, Ulmia, and Koru-Moru.
    Thats a good setup. I sometimes sub out Ulmia for Kuyin Hathdenna if accuracy is an issue, or if I run out of accuracy food, etc
    Although Joachim's AI sucks at times (he takes care of himself first) I prefer him over Ulmia since Ulmia doesn't do anything else besides sing. Joach's -na and Cure 4s are nice. Koru-Moru is by far a must with that Haste II, love that taru!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

No.
    My BRD is level 50 but I •*HIGHLY*• doubt they would break the "speed cap".
    -80% is there because more than that and you start getting ∞s happening.
    Yeah, because Nightingale and Quick Magic don't already cast at -100%...

If it doesn't break the 80% fast cast cap it's because of a "balance" choice not a technical issue.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And chainspell and Spontaneity

-_-
    Those are activated/unique effects, they aren't constant effects.
    Just because Astral Conduit exists, doesn't mean that BPs have a 0 recast always.

If the JPs break the hard cap of -80% that would be really unusual since it's a fulltime buff.
    Even Arts, which as suggested of the JPs, are a separate reduction; are still subject to the hard cap of -80%.

And it's not my "supposed ∞s"... Jesus Christ! Am I the only one who remembers WHY SE put in the -80% speed cap?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Homegirl, action delays. You're wrong. Please stop.

And everyone stop writing "infinities" like that. I keep reading it as cosine

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Swapped trusts to Joachim, Karaha,and Koru and now I'm pushing 140k CP/hour, according to Pointwatch. When Berserk/Aggressor are up it jumps to 160k/hour. So maybe 150k CP/hour? R.I.P. Outer Ra'kazanar Twitherym camp. Gates basements forever, lol. =D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-_-
    Those are activated/unique effects, they aren't constant effects.
    Just because Astral Conduit exists, doesn't mean that BPs have a 0 recast always.

If the JPs break the hard cap of -80% that would be really unusual since it's a fulltime buff.
    Even Arts, which as suggested of the JPs, are a separate reduction; are still subject to the hard cap of -80%.

And it's not my "supposed ∞s"... Jesus Christ! Am I the only one who remembers WHY SE put in the -80% speed cap?
    The speed cap on melees matters because there's no hard coded delay after a swing. The delay after casting a spell makes it a completely different situation.

Going from 80% to 95% haste quadruples your attack speed if there's no cap, but would have a much, much smaller effect on spells.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Swapped trusts to Joachim, Karaha,and Koru and now I'm pushing 140k CP/hour, according to Pointwatch. When Berserk/Aggressor are up it jumps to 160k/hour. So maybe 150k CP/hour? R.I.P. Outer Ra'kazanar Twitherym camp. Gates basements forever, lol. =D
    I've yet to actually summon him- what's everyone's attraction to Karaha?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't get it either. Using koru+karaha just gets you gimped all the time because koru is inevitably casting something else when your haste wears, so karaha gives you haste 1 before koru can get around to haste 2. We really need a whm trust that stays out of range and has status removals.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    I don't get it either. Using koru+karaha just gets you gimped all the time because koru is inevitably casting something else when your haste wears, so karaha gives you haste 1 before koru can get around to haste 2. We really need a whm trust that stays out of range and has status removals.
    You could always cancel Haste I...unless of course, when you're xping, you arent actually there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Or you can just use a whm that doesn't haste, bringing us right back to "what is the attraction to karaha?"

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Where are some of the good camps to exp at for Job Points? Just reactivated my account a few days ago and need to exp.

Campaign
    BG Level

Normally I use Kupipi because of that (Haste issue). Could use Mihli but she AoEs mobs sadly (or did they remove that with the latest patch?).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Normally I use Kupipi because of that (Haste issue). Could use Mihli but she AoEs mobs sadly (or did they remove that with the latest patch?).
    i dont think so, maybe their intend for those AoE moves is for Fell Cleave PTs , they thought "OMg they liked FCs so much durign Abyssea, lets give them so FC-esque-NPCs!!!"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I use Koru-moru and Mihli if I need healing. Karuha-baruha is better for damage but I get tired of actively taking haste I off so Koru will reapply haste II. It wouldn't be an issue if Koru didn't prioritize Phalanx II over Haste II. As for AoE ws on trust, pull mobs away from other mobs if you can't handle AoEs. I know it's annoying but it's usually not an issue for me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

where are the spots that people exp for 40k CAP an hour without the event O.o
    i read of 3 good camps twitherym camps but not their location, help me out.

It's a lot like the old days- relatively delicate monsters at the highest possible levels you can kill steadily. Find zone with Even Match+ monsters. Locate bunch of butterflies. Stab continually, rack up capacity points. Woh Gates, Dho Gates, Outer Ra'kaznar. This isn't rocket science, it's just old-school party exp grinding with "exp" replaced with "capacity points". Add in a COR for extra oomph and there you go.