Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Job Points discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    As a cor I consider myself satisfied.

Sorry for some other jobs who got some weird stuff lol.
    I'm happy about the accuracy bonus for pets. It was really needed.

Trigun

We should do this because SE is probly gonna expand on this right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    We should do this because SE is probly gonna expand on this right?
    Should do it because it's free upgrades even if they suck. That said I wouldn't focus on it. Unlock it and merit like normal for KIs and such

Dont suppose any decent camps for CP yet?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, it's been a few hours, anyone find an optimal way to do this yet? I just kill things trio-boxing and I get like 16k/hr at about 111 per kill. What kind of numbers are people getting?

I would be extremely happy with 16k/hr, I cant tribox and as it stands want those 10 spell set points for BLU first. Other jobs would be RNG MNK SAM BLM at some point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm doing my Capacity Points farming solo, I mean, who wants to party with a BST anyway?

I'm in Foret de Henetielle <sp?> killing frogs and pugils north of the main camp. Most are giving 97 Capacity Points per kill, with occasional 98-100, and it's very quick kills. I like it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Basically we need some science on how much points get reduced per member in the cave areas. I could imagine Caves going full Abyssea mode with an Ally exping with their leeches etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok, small addendum to my earlier post.

The frogs & pugils are either giving me 97 Capacity Points, or 101 Capacity Points. It seems the points are pre-determined by their level.

Campaign
    BG Level

<== douche

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Should do it because it's free upgrades even if they suck. That said I wouldn't focus on it. Unlock it and merit like normal for KIs and such
    you keep using that word

i do not think it means what you think it means

(if you are spending time doing it to the exclusion of something else, it's by definition not free)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm sure plenty of people still have things they want to buy with sparks or need merits for BCNM entry, so it's not like you can't multitask.

FFXI, where every topic eventually devolves into discussions about opportunity cost.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    you keep using that word

i do not think it means what you think it means

(if you are spending time doing it to the exclusion of something else, it's by definition not free)
    I think you know what I really meant. Something that wont cost you a slot somewhere else. ie boost a stat without losing gear or the ability to merit something else... also seeing as I immediately said don't focus on it and just let them come while you do other stuff it is free then

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    FFXI, where every topic eventually devolves into discussions about opportunity cost.
    The opportunity cost here is massive, though. Like, capping JP reserve for a given job by playing the game in the most boring way imaginable vs. making a mythic, basically.

I'm sure plenty of people still have things they want to buy with sparks, so it's not like you can't multitask.
    You get sparks for everything you do. It's a much better system, really, but you can't point to the ability to farm a mediocre amount of sparks while earning JP and call it a feature.

I think you know what I really meant. Something that wont cost you a slot somewhere else. ie boost a stat without losing gear or the ability to merit something else... also seeing as I immediately said don't focus on it and just let them come while you do other stuff it is free then
    But that's just it: you can't do other stuff. What else are you accomplishing while you knock colibri around in Marjami? What else can you do to get a non-trivial amount of JP?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I hardly see opportunity cost as a de-evolution. Spend your time in the most effective way possible, save time doing so. Seems fundamental to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    But that's just it: you can't do other stuff. What else are you accomplishing while you knock colibri around in Marjami? What else can you do to get a non-trivial amount of JP?
    can't? you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

Did you know people still merit though mostly for KIs now. Did you know people do it outside of abyssea!?! Not only that but you can get rather nice amount of sparks from that for your reforged upgrades or to make gil off of. I'm pretty sure I can do that. Crazy right? No where did I say it was efficient or you'd cap quickly or to focus on it. I just said you can get free upgrades while doing other things. Seriously stop straw manning me. Seriously outside of a couple of jobs the upgrades are so meh you'd have to be insane to focus on it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Did you know people still merit though mostly for KIs now. Did you know people do it outside of abyssea!?!
    And you'll get like 1500 CP in the time it takes you to get 20 merits. Whee. How long do you think it's going to take for you to cap on gear you need from story BCs? If you're unlucky, you might have finished five whole upgrade steps for one ability.

Not only that but you can get rather nice amount of sparks from that for your reforged upgrades or to make gil off of. I'm pretty sure I can do that. Crazy right?
    That is not a feature. You get sparks from everything. This is like saying you get seals or crystals from farming JP.

No where did I say it was efficient or you'd cap quickly or to focus on it. I just said you can get free upgrades while doing other things. Seriously stop straw manning me
    How am I strawmanning you? Your argument is based around the secondary reward structure of JP farming, which is bullshit because it's the same secondary reward structure present in every activity in the game.

It's not even obvious that the spark return on JP farming is better than it would be in more productive targeted farming of old content (5-kill Conquest quests vs. higher overall killcount and more 500+ hits); if it were, you and I wouldn't hang out in Buburimu so much.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The cp gain rate is excessively low. I understand it's meant to be a longterm thing, but there is also too much at some point.

Did you know people still merit though mostly for KIs now. Did you know people do it outside of abyssea!?
    Yeah, in VW...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You seriously think it takes 200,000 experience to get 1500 cp?

Edit: I may have misunderstood. But still, you'd get several times that many cp if you're talking about the time to get 20 merits in abyssea (30 minutes or so). I can farm ~250-300 CP per minute out in Ceizak, and I'm sure there's better ways.