BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Job Points discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well I'm already getting 25k/hr trio boxing (or rather, 2-boxing and the 3rd character leeching). If I can find a camp with more mobs, that can easily go over 30k/hr. That's already a pretty good amount; I don't know why people's default knee-jerk reaction is to whine about everything, it's not that bad. It's about the same as 8-10k/hr merit pts back in the day.

And I don't seem to be getting a reduction going from 1 person to 3 people, but I'm fighting weaker mobs (106-111 per kill)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably because achieving this for multiple classes is bitch work at the moment. I imagine this will become easier as iLV increases, but looking at the current facts:

At 30k CP/hr, you have 55 pts to attain and 30k CP

That's 55h of CP farming to cap a single bonus for a single class

When the cap increases to 30 max, you have 465 pts to attain

That's 465h of farming to cap a single bonus for a single class

This also comes with them increasing categories as well. So, lets say you have 5 bonuses per job.

That's 465h x 5 bonuses = 2325h of farming for a single job. All of this assume the point per bonus remains constant, but this is still a shitload of effort that could go elsewhere.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Imoq, Thank you. I thought i was goin to be the only one who sees JP as japanese. if only there was a way we could get the masses to use jsut about anyother abbreviation. like Jpt i dunno

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You're not obligated to upgrade them all, theyre not pokemon, especially considering some of them really suck.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You're not obligated to do a ton of shit for this game, so I don't see why that's a relevant counter to the general angst against this new system. Since Delve and Skirmish 2.0, there have been new BiS pieces, but hardly any of them make or break your run. Upgraded relics? Not obliged to do them outside of BRD/PLD/RNG since there are comparable weapons for damage. Skirmish 3.0? Not obliged to do them if you had decent augments on Skirmish 2.0 weapons. Delve 2.0? Not obliged to do them even if some pieces are BiS. The same applies to AA/CN/EP HM fights. Yes, gear has been replaced by better pieces but they've hardly been obligatory upgrades. I would even take 30 BLU pts over certain stat from post Skirmish 2.0 pieces.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So break your 55 hrs of farming down into 2 hour shifts, and that alone lets you finish one in about 3 weeks. Add on the extra CP you will get from doing delve v2, skirmish v3, farming merits for AA fights, etc etc. I swear to fuck, this shit comes about every damn event.

You have the crowd who bitches that "content was finished in a day, boo hoo hoo"
    And then the crowd who bitched that "content cant be finished in a day, boo hoo hoo"

EVERYONE CRIES NO ONE WINS.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Lies, I'm right here !

you are on phoenix? ¬.¬

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, Camate just posted they're changing up CP generation.

BEHOLD MY WORKS, YE MIGHTY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So break your 55 hrs of farming down into 2 hour shifts, and that alone lets you finish one in about 3 weeks. Add on the extra CP you will get from doing delve v2, skirmish v3, farming merits for AA fights, etc etc. I swear to fuck, this shit comes about every damn event.

You have the crowd who bitches that "content was finished in a day, boo hoo hoo"
    And then the crowd who bitched that "content cant be finished in a day, boo hoo hoo"

EVERYONE CRIES NO ONE WINS.
    Breaking down the hours of farming does not change the amount of farming needed. All you do is delay the acquisition and ignore several realities that only make your defense more absurd. The estimate is under the most ideal conditions assuming no one else has found higher CP/hr rate. That means three weeks is minimum for one class under your proposed schedule. If you cap out a single job, that's six weeks. This only gets worse as they expand on the system to include 30 J Pts. If you double the ranks (From 10 to 20), your farming per bonus goes from three weeks to fifteen weeks. The most troubling part about this is that this content is boring as fuck. There's a reason people rejoiced about Abyssea's streamlined XP and menial shit like this, given the recent surge of "Farm XP to earn armor!!!" requirements, only serves as a step backwards from the progress they had previously made.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

"boohoohoo this event that is 48 hours old is too taxing and takes too long to complete, i need my Ancient/Holy/Arcane/etc Circle capped out NOW!!"

not to mention its already been posted by a dev that JP acquisition will be undergoing adjustments and fine tuning. Calme tes naires calisse.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

"boohoohoo this event that is 48 hours old is too taxing and takes too long to complete, i need my Ancient/Holy/Arcane/etc Circle capped out NOW!!"

not to mention its already been posted by a dev that JP acquisition will be undergoing adjustments and fine tuning. Calme tes naires calisse.
    "Boo hoo people whine about content that even SE recognizes as needing revision." See how much you sound like the people you criticize? Strawman harder. It's unbelievable that you would complain so much about Skirmish 3.0 KI (Content that will eventually be replaced) while defending this system.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fortunately I am capable of making these judgments quickly, because some generous soul taught me how to count.

because we complained

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Probably because achieving this for multiple classes is bitch work at the moment. I imagine this will become easier as iLV increases, but looking at the current facts:

At 30k CP/hr, you have 55 pts to attain and 30k CP

That's 55h of CP farming to cap a single bonus for a single class

When the cap increases to 30 max, you have 465 pts to attain

That's 465h of farming to cap a single bonus for a single class

This also comes with them increasing categories as well. So, lets say you have 5 bonuses per job.

That's 465h x 5 bonuses = 2325h of farming for a single job. All of this assume the point per bonus remains constant, but this is still a shitload of effort that could go elsewhere.
    Have we even found out how much it costs after the 3rd? I mean It still sucks but what if it was 1, 2, 3 then all 3s?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Have we even found out how much it costs after the 3rd? I mean It still sucks but what if it was 1, 2, 3 then all 3s?
    Nope that's why I said "assume the point per bonus remains constant."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hate to break it to you guys, but every time you open the job point menu, SE sends you 11x 256 byte packets (2816 bytes) to convey Job Point information (22 jobs, 2 jobs per packet assumed). To compare, the entire Merit Point system is communicated in ~540 bytes.

I can't see the future, but this system is designed to be massive.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

...which is really cool, actually, and I like that they want to make this a big and intricate system, but without a serious overhaul to how we actually get CP most people are not going to even scratch its surface.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can already see myself farming like 50 job points then SE will double or triple the gain rate.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

killed a leafdancer twitherym (lvl 123 with high evasion at 844 primary/auxiliary accuracy on BLU, no food) with three trust NPCs. It was a hard battle. It gave 1650 exp and 286 capacity points. Looks like my initial hunch was right, caverns/gates areas are the new EXP/capacity point party zones. Need to party up, eat sushi, maybe get a bard, and kill stuff in these dungeon type areas to get decent CPs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Nope that's why I said "assume the point per bonus remains constant."
    Thought so. So to 10 could be half that estimate and to 30 could 1/6 your estimate. Still lame but much more manageable

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you are on phoenix? ¬.¬
    Update your info! still says Bahamut !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast