Thread: Job Points discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Hate to break it to you guys, but every time you open the job point menu, SE sends you 11x 256 byte packets (2816 bytes) to convey Job Point information (22 jobs, 2 jobs per packet assumed). To compare, the entire Merit Point system is communicated in ~540 bytes.

I can't see the future, but this system is designed to be massive.
    Is it possible that we get more bytes transferred cuz Capacity Points and Job Points are separated by job? So far it seems like its 200 pt limit per job, not overall.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    "Boo hoo people whine about content that even SE recognizes as needing revision." See how much you sound like the people you criticize? Strawman harder. It's unbelievable that you would complain so much about Skirmish 3.0 KI (Content that will eventually be replaced) while defending this system.
    Except you can do Skirmish 3.0 50 times over, and still have not gotten a KI to upgrade something, whereas with this, every time you do something towards it, you ARE closer to your goal.

But good job trying to use my complaints of Skirmish3 drop rates towards this, theyre totally identical.

Actually, while doing 50 Skirmish v3s, you probably will have enough amassed 1 JP and probably be well on to your way to a second.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

o boy. so in the time it takes me to get an entire new piece of armor I can get -1% DT during holy circle. great. so happeh.

let's not forget that necessity may demand that you be on a different job than the one you want to spend JPs on for all of this content you're saying you can get JP from, so they're effectively useless to you even if you do manage to get them that way.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    o boy. so in the time it takes me to get an entire new piece of armor I can get -1% DT during holy circle. great. so happeh.
    Until it's tested I guess we won't know, but I bet it's -1% DT during Holy Circle vs. Undead.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

circles do that already since that last update they did to them, right? so it'd be just enhancing rarely used abilities for their rarely used functions, which makes them even better!!!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

circles do that already since that last update they did to them, right? so it'd be just enhancing rarely used abilities for their rarely used functions, which makes them even better!!!
    Pretty much <_<

Times 32.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Let's not forget that when they tend to be useful (vs. NMs) they aren't as potent.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

let's not forget that necessity may demand that you be on a different job than the one you want to spend JPs on for all of this content you're saying you can get JP from, so they're effectively useless to you even if you do manage to get them that way.
    Considering me and my friend can clear any skirmish v3 with time to spare both 3boxing, I dont think a group of 6x1 would have any problem on mish mash jobs, as long as your mish mash jobs arent some stupid combination like PLDx2 PUPx2 SMN DRK.

After I mocked the idea that people needed their circle abilities capped "NOW!" because "its there and I need to be capped in everyway possible", you then go attempt to use them in mockery as well.

I'd also like to point out that you were the one who claimed that people were capped on Skirmish 3 gear on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    because we complained
    You really think in 48 hours after the patch, SE was focused on the little baby birds chirping how they cant cap JP's on day one? Instead of keeping an eye out for bugs and legit problems that will affect game play?
    How long have people complained about Cait Sith/Atomos?
    How long have people complained about TK needing an iLvl overhaul?
    How long have people complained about Delve content needing some adjustment for sub-18?
    How long have people complained about VW drops being fucking stupid, that 0.02% is NOT good practice?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Let's not forget that when they tend to be useful (vs. NMs) they aren't as potent.
    Or against some nms as well as dynamis not do anything at all. But yes there was very little thought in the buffs. It was basically put sp1 and one of the lower level abilities the job gets and call it a day

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'd also like to point out that you were the one who claimed that people were capped on Skirmish 3 gear on day one.
    you've got to have some of the worst problem solving skills of all time. they didn't get +1 gear on day one, they had perfectly fine NQ gear with great augments for day one, making +1 gear a waste of god damn time and money.

i.e. bad game design

i.e. keep defending it 'cause you totes are great at it

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well to be fair, they don't seem to care or realize much about that. people capped out on skirmish3 the day it came out
    OKAY, perhaps I should quote your AH post where you said that "I dont always agree with pchan, but Skirm v3 armor are actually great upgrades for defensive bonuses"

nice backpedalling though, now saying that you didnt mean skirmish3 when you said skirmish3.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wow, if I facepalmed any harder just now I'd have broken something. I suppose taking things without context or any level of intelligence passed "time 2 smursh my keyburd" is cool though, it's always a great transparent way to win an argument

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Went out and did some testing. This might be a re-hash of what is already known but:
    * The monster must be greater than level 95 for you to get any Capacity Points off it
    * The growth is non-linear (all samples are solo with 3 Trust NPCs):
    - Level 96 = 75 Capacity Points
    - Level 97 = 78 Capacity Points
    - Level 98 = 81 Capacity Points
    - Level 99 = 85 Capacity Points
    - Level 100 = 89 Capacity Points
    - Level 101 = 93 Capacity Points
    - Level 102 = 97 Capacity Points
    - Level 103 = 101 Capacity Points
    - Level 107 = 121 Capacity Points (fattucus)
    - Level 123 = 286 Capacity Points (Sabishii)
    - Level 124 = 303 Capacity Points
    - Level 125 = 321 Capacity Points
    - Level 126 = 340 Capacity Points

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Level 126 mobs give 360 Capacity Points.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

level 107 gives 121

and its 4 jp to get to level 4

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You really think in 48 hours after the patch, SE was focused on the little baby birds chirping how they cant cap JP's on day one? Instead of keeping an eye out for bugs and legit problems that will affect game play?
    Uh, yes?

Is there another reason why they'd say they're open to adjusting the math on this system they'd literally just rolled out?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Because the system isn't finished, and they released it harder than they planned to eventually make it on purpose?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Because the system isn't finished, and they released it harder than they planned to eventually make it on purpose?
    why? what interest is served by this approach?

alternate theory: like lollercaust with the 99 RME upgrades it honestly didn't occur to them that this would be a problem for anybody, because we have not historically given them very good indications of what we aren't willing to do in ffxi

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The interest that they don't want us to cap all our job points before they raise the cap and release more categories, so they make it harder than they eventually intend to make it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    why? what interest is served by this approach?
    Because they have pretty much ALWAYS rolled out content like this? You make it sound like this is the first time they have introduced content without adjusting it (sometimes it took longer than others).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast