Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Job Points discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

40k/hr with a PT? You got a plethora of options. Seems like a pretty low number if you ask me. I could reach 80-90k /hr with a pt of completely random and noob people in DoH Gates.
    If you meant solo then you're probably thinking of the Butterfly camp in Ra'kaznar.
    I think it's ~40k/hr with the 50% CP cape, without ring bonus or /COR bonus. Doubt you can get more than that because monsters don't repop fast enough, you run out of them.

It's quite the awesome sauce because monsters there do not aggro, do not link, their dangerous TP moves are easily stunnable if you want.
    They don't have huge eva or def, which makes it a nice camp for non optimal solo jobs, or if your gear isn't awesome, or if you're not one of the cool kids with several BRD/COR/GEO/whatever mules.
    If you do you should totally be going in other camps, like in WoH gates. Can get much better results there.

Butterflies is also a very favoured camp for botters for the same reasons exposed above.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

40k/hr? Spam the new WoE surge campaigns, i'm sure you can get enough cap pts..... and probably come away with gil item

Campaign
    BG Level

The bats camp in Woh Gates map #2 is pretty much awesome. Mobs aren't as evasive/annoying as Woh Gates map #1 stuff, allowing you to go there with a variety of different setups, even less desired jobs, without need for 900+ acc unbuffed or the necessity of 2000 buffs from support job.
    I went there several times over these days and my best rate has been roughly 400k CP/hr, bit less probably (no rings). Of course this is with the double CP campaign so it would be like, what, 180k CP/hr normally? Still good. Could be better but we kinda run out of mobs, forcing us to pull from the nearby corridor which has 2-3 annoying Umbrils with a fuckton of HP, and even with those it's still not enough.
    The best part about thos mobs is that they do not dispel and do not give annoying debuffs, making it really easy to heal. I went there most of the times as SCH and I could basically AFK with Regen5 up. Our GEO (granted that it's a good player and not a pug one) could main heal the pt if he wanted to, aside unfortunate big pulls or when we pulled the Umbrils (yes, those guys are annoying).
    Really awesome camp.

Tested more camps. Still in map#2 there's two more decent camps. One with Efts and ... bats? And one with Efts and Butterflies. Both are okaysh but mobs have annoying moves, especially the eft with their dispel thing (yes, I fucking hate dispels).
    Then I tested one camp in Sih Gates. SE of the map? Uh... east maybe. It's a camp with Bats and Diremites. Can pull Sea monks from south and Acuex from north. It wasn't too bad but Diremites use a slow that overwrites Haste/Haste2, making things more annoying than the Woh camp.

I haven't been to Doh map#2, Moh map#2 and Cirdas map#2, any other good camp there?
    I hope things are going to keep improving, atm I see some occasional shouts for CP parties and I could get decentish /tells when I shouted myself. The fact those camps do not have too steep requirements allowed me more freedom in accepting tells as well.
    All in all it felt really good, and the 2x CP rate was nice, it's where the baseline should be honestly, but that's just me.

Edit:
    The ~400k CP/rate was with a 42% CP mantle and 20% from Gifts. We also were doing something like 1,2millions XP/hr, pretty insane lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

any mage with access to cure IV can main heal smn blm geo should have no problems healing any competent CP party in woh gates with /whm. assuming properly geared tough.

Campaign
    BG Level

Damane would you trust a pickup bard to main heal your party? I know I wouldn't.

The bat cap is particularly easy to heal anyway, it's not the same for all camps.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

A good camp for pld solo is south of where the north butterfly camp is. Its a room with a bunch of fomor and twitherym, so no dispel or bio. As pld i make a bit more there than butterfly camp since there arent any fluturini to flash/tp erase/dispel me. Additionally, the +17% dmg and -17% dt from holy circle works well on fomor. I also had kotr doing more than a well geared cdc. Cdc averaging 2.8-4.5k with and occasional 6k w/ magma steak and good gear, kotr was doing 4-5k and seemed more reliable. This camp is often free because its more difficult to bot due to fomor aggroing, but an attentive player will make higher cp here than in butterfly camp since fomor are a bit higher level.

Campaign
    BG Level

Fuck solo honestly, I know it might be just me but I'm tired of doing stuff solo, especially xp. I enjoyed quite a lot these past few days oh meripo style group experience and hope they continue promoting group stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Fuck solo honestly, I know it might be just me but I'm tired of doing stuff solo, especially xp. I enjoyed quite a lot these past few days oh meripo style group experience and hope they continue promoting group stuff.
    Seriously. I can go out and solo for a bit, but I certainly enjoy doing the group stuff. I don't know why more people aren't happy about having a good reason to do the old style meripo groups that the players constantly complain about not existing in the game anymore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Because most people aren't complaining about merit parties not existing. Merit parties were annoying, not fun. Content was fun.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Merit parties were annoying, not fun. Content was fun.
    Because merit pt aren't "content"?
    I disagree with that.
    Doing only meripo was boring, but the problem there wasn't the content itself, it was the lack of variation. Anything becomes boring and not-fun when you exceed the sanity boundaries. (which are highly subjective).
    Meripo as ONE of the many things you can do is fun, it's different from solo, and alternating the two creates variation, makes it harder for you to get bored etc.
    The key point here is in balancing them so that each has its pros and cons and players can feel motivated.

Solo should be something you can do for 5 minutes anywhere, anytime, without the effort of having to depend on other people, having to wait for them, finding other people.
    Parties are harder to manage, assemble and organize, they require more effort and time and as such they should offer reward for that or people won't bother.
    Just a simple example of course.

I enjoy solo and I enjoy meripo pts a lot too, I'm really glad they're trying to bring them back and this is the first time where they've been remotely effective into achieving this goal, where they failed many other times before.
    Bless them!
    It's not everybody of course since everyone has different tastes, but I'm sure at least a good amount of people share my sentiment.

I wish people would stop comparing Job Point to Merit Point parties...
    Because they really are universally different.

Job Points: "requires" explict jobs if you want to succeed at it.
    Merit Points: any and every job within guidelines. PLUS the benefit from not needing to be on the job allowed for better optimization while giving you what you needed.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Job Points: "requires" explict jobs if you want to succeed at it.
    I said the same thing some weeks ago while constructively complaining about JP system.
    Not sure that's the case anymore.
    The new camps have much more lax requirements. Their level is lower than the Woh Gates map1 mobs, meaning you won't need 900+ acc unbuffed to be able to perform decently.
    As a matter of fact, I've been able to meripo JP with PUPs, DNCs (before rudra patch), PLDs even, all sort of strange jobs, some of which were completely noobs with hardly gear swapping etc.
    I've gone with very different setups.
    DNC healer/buffer, GEO, BRD, double BRD, COR, /COR. I think as it is now the bat camp in Woh Gates #2 allows such freedom that you can relax and enjoy without the approach of needing to be an over the top player with over the top gear.

With my best group I managed to reach 400k cp/hr, with others I was still above 350k CP/HR.
    We need more camps like that one and we're set honestly.
    Oh... and better CP >.> Gifts help with that, but I feel raising the cp gain a bit more could be helpful, once the double CP campaign is over things are going to be dire.

Demonstration that the thing is working better than before? Two:
    1) People shouting for CP pts. Not many, but I see several shouts throughout the day
    2) People actually REPLYING to my shouts. Before that I could go on for hours to get even a single tell, and when I did it was from a dumb player who didn't even know how to check for his acc and got mad I asked him, calling me an elitist and blisting me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

blah blah merits nonsense
    You're welcome to like it all you want. I answered the question of why people aren't happy with doing merit parties when they complain about not having merit parties. Because they never were happy about them, the people not happy and the people who like them are not the same people.

Campaign
    BG Level

That wasn't the point at all. Of course everybody is enticed to have their own tastes.
    The point is that hardly anybody was bothering with jp groups until a while ago, despite SE'repeated attempts to promote it. Now it's slowly starting to happen, it's the sign that something is changing and that SE is slowly moving towards the right direction, imho.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I know your point had nothing to do with what I said. That's what I just told you.

Campaign
    BG Level

After exploring all of Woh Gates, Sih Gates, Doh Gates, Moh Gates and Cirdas Caverns (maps #2 of course) I can say the only awesome camp is the bat one in Woh.
    There are other decent camps of course out there with lower acc requirements compared to Woh map#1, but mobs there all have annoying moves (dispel, paralyze, slow overwriting haste and whatnot) making them a much worse target than the awesome Bat camp.
    I wish SE will create more camps like this one in the future, altough I'm afraid that's a bit unlikely because there won't be new areas added to the game... so... I guess one can hope for different monster placement maybe.

I think the Bat camp kinda spoiled me and make me look with different eyes at other viable camps.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

After exploring all of Woh Gates, Sih Gates, Doh Gates, Moh Gates and Cirdas Caverns (maps #2 of course) I can say the only awesome camp is the bat one in Woh.
    There are other decent camps of course out there with lower acc requirements compared to Woh map#1, but mobs there all have annoying moves (dispel, paralyze, slow overwriting haste and whatnot) making them a much worse target than the awesome Bat camp.
    I wish SE will create more camps like this one in the future, altough I'm afraid that's a bit unlikely because there won't be new areas added to the game... so... I guess one can hope for different monster placement maybe.

I think the Bat camp kinda spoiled me and make me look with different eyes at other viable camps.
    And this is always where meripo's fell short, lack of variety. There were essentially two camps in ToAU for merits, you could try trolls but they were the lesser camp for sure. There should be options for this stuff, at least every new gates zones should have had a decent camp associated with it. It's kinda sad they haven't figured something like this out yet.

Campaign
    BG Level

More than everything it makes you think that the awesome bat camp wasn't carefully planned, but it's just a lucky coincidence

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I find the bee camp in the basement of Sih Gates to be extremely solid as well, honestly. It's kind of like the next step up from DC Twitheryms in Outer Ra'Kaznar. Final Sting and Pollen have yet to become an issue to EXP/hour. The bees are too weak for it to matter. Since they con T they give more EXP than the Twithryms. The only downside is there is only one location in that entire area with bees in it. But assuming you carry enough accuracy in your TP set you can easily use meat at that camp over sushi. They obviously do more damage over time to you than the twitheryms do, but less than the bats do, and with that they do low enough damage I can get away with Joachim/Ulmia/Koru instead of using Kupipi/Ulmia/Koru.

Campaign
    BG Level

I noticed Bees checked as "low evasion" even on my idle-gear sneak/invi DNC. It kinda surprised me, why do they have such a low Eva?
    I thought that could be an interesting camp but:

1) There aren't many targets, less than bats at the bat camp, you'd run out of enemies very soon I'm afraid
    2) Isn't Final Sting kinda dangerous, with how random it is?

Could be a decent second option.
    Even the Bats+Diremites camp in Sih is decent, only issue is the Slow from Diremites.
    But you see... the Bats camp is SO GOOD it spoils you. Without that maybe now I would be defining the Bee and Diremite camps as "Spectacular!", now they leave a sour taste in my mouth.
    Why can't there be more camps like the Bat Camp? Q_Q

Edit:
    I'm talking about merit pt style CP parties of course, not solo.
    Fuck solo honestly, I've been soloing for way too much time, I'm not against solo being a viable option for people who want to, but honestly I want to do party stuff, I'm sick of soloing, and there needs to be Pros and Cons in Party vs Solo, otherwise everybody will bloody solo of course.