Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i was avoiding this shit until perm made a solid observation

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also, thank you, everyone who took the time to comfort me, but I was just being a smart ass. I do know that the probabilities of experiencing complications are small.

However, if my being a smart ass helped other people become more thoroughly educated on the probability of side-effects, I'll call it a win-win.

wrong fucking thread

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All forms of bc can have side effects. Typically they're uncommon but they do happen. My exwife used the patch. She had no side effects. My current wife opted for the match stick under hte skin for 3-5 year protection. She had her period for a solid month, and was highly irregular for the following year, but has since balanced out and is coasting as we're just about to wrap up the second year. Incredibly effective as we are intimate at least daily, sometimes more, especially during peak ovulation.

We intend to get the stick again after the 3 years is up, as it's a worry free hassle free method, that only caused minor discomfort while getting balanced out and adjusted to the hormones.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I wasn't trying to scare anybody. It's not the pills that have increased risks it's just the patch sinse it releases larger amounts of hormones into the bloodstream. I put that in the post cause the OP sounded like they are having a adverse reaction to the patch and mite want to avoid it. That's all I'm saying.
    Yes, the pill and the patch have two completely different effects as well as hormonal IUDs. If you have a bad reaction to one, it doesn't mean you will to the others, and honestly, at this point, if you can do the pill there is no reason not to. It is tried and true and has years and years of pharmaceutical development behind it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Yes, the pill and the patch have two completely different effects as well as hormonal IUDs. If you have a bad reaction to one, it doesn't mean you will to the others, and honestly, at this point, if you can do the pill there is no reason not to. It is tried and true and has years and years of pharmaceutical development behind it.
    Eh, it's been my experience that the pill is the one that causes the most unplanned pregnancies. Not because it isn't effective, but because a lot of women forget or have a hard time taking it at the same time etc.

I got the paraguard last week. Was so nervous because of stories of it hurting or w/e. Didn't feel a thing. Still don't feel a thing so I guess it worked out! I'd definitely would recommend it if anyone was afraid of hormonal side effects but wants something they don't have to think about every morning.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Eh, it's been my experience that the pill is the one that causes the most unplanned pregnancies. Not because it isn't effective, but because a lot of women forget or have a hard time taking it at the same time etc.
    This. It's really not hard but apparently it actually is.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

It is, especially the minipill which is particularly sensitive. They have this "1 hour window" thing and you quickly get into issues - is it a 1 hr window around when I took it yesterday or just around when I should usually take it? etc. So if you usually take it at 8am but didn't til 9am, are you okay tomorrow to take it at 7am? etc. (I solved this by getting an IUD)

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Minipill is how I got my most recent special snowflake rofl

You ladies let your guy nut in you while on the pill?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    You ladies let your guy nut in you while on the pill?
    My lady and I do. She takes pill, skips the period by taking 3 weeks back to back, fucking terrifying not really gonna lie.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Pill for prez

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

day gonna have little tomorrow's running around and shit, i'm calling it now.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

fuck you buddy

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Linliel View Post
    It is, especially the minipill which is particularly sensitive. They have this "1 hour window" thing and you quickly get into issues - is it a 1 hr window around when I took it yesterday or just around when I should usually take it? etc. So if you usually take it at 8am but didn't til 9am, are you okay tomorrow to take it at 7am? etc. (I solved this by getting an IUD)
    See I have absolutely no problems with this. I set an alarm every day along with a two-minute warning alarm just so I'm prepared. It's at 8 AM which is almost always before I will have to go anywhere. I'm so particular about it that it surprises me that others aren't. The only thing I have to worry about is when the time changes in the spring and fall.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    See I have absolutely no problems with this. I set an alarm every day along with a two-minute warning alarm just so I'm prepared. It's at 8 AM which is almost always before I will have to go anywhere. I'm so particular about it that it surprises me that others aren't. The only thing I have to worry about is when the time changes in the spring and fall.
    You may actually get stuck in my situation so be prepared. As a substitute taking the pill on time was a pain in the neck. My schedule constantly changed and I would sometimes not know if I was going to work that day or not. Can't be stopping in the middle of class to pop a pill either. And taking it at night gave me UTIs (fuck. that.). It just isn't for everyone. I would set it in the morning when I "would" get ready for work, but sometimes I would hit the alarm and go back to sleep without thinking if I didn't end up getting called in that day.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

chiming in as a guy but i was more on point then the girl i was with about her taking that pill, shit was like a daily christmas present "I AINT PULLING OUT TONIGHT GUYS!!!!" so i dont understand how its hard to remember....any guy should be glad to make sure shes popping them pills on time every day.

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am curious what the BG women out there think of IUDs? No need to remember anything and it lasts for 5+ years until you need a replacement.

Oh yeah no hormones involved either!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by finitek View Post
    I am curious what the BG women out there think of IUDs? No need to remember anything and it lasts for 5+ years until you need a replacement.

Oh yeah no hormones involved either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I got the paraguard last week. Was so nervous because of stories of it hurting or w/e. Didn't feel a thing. Still don't feel a thing so I guess it worked out! I'd definitely would recommend it if anyone was afraid of hormonal side effects but wants something they don't have to think about every morning.

tmi, but I haven't gotten my period yet. I hear the paraguard makes it worse, so we'll see on that when it happens.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

this just in: BG women love creampies