1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Dengenki Online Article Snippets

Dengenki Interview from 3/19 regarding ARR and 2.2 snippets.

Translation

Since the thread in the News section is up now, can delete or treat this as a discussion thread.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

cap that philo if it isn't already

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Zodiak, huh. Zodiak, Zodiark...

Here's hoping "takes some time to complete" isn't simply because of weekly lockouts.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Eventually, it will have customisable stats.
    I like them Zodiak weapons. I was wondering if the quest requires a second coil of bahamut clear, that might take a bit before the last turn is cleared.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Zodiak, huh. Zodiak, Zodiark...

Here's hoping "takes some time to complete" isn't simply because of weekly lockouts.
    More than likely it will. inc. 2 months worth of new currency saved cap after cap for weapon

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I know I'm in the minority, but no more Philo tomes? I just started saving up both to afford things here and there...the cost had better be WAY reduced for relic items if I need to buy them with myth..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

"Myth will take Philosophy's place"

I imagine that means that you'll be able to amass as much myth after 2.2 at the speed that you currently amass philo. 300 simply for doing main story roulette, etc. I doubt the prices will change.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Psssh back in the day farming 100 philo from praetorium would take 20mins...you'll be able to spam at least three coil turns in that time.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    cap that philo if it isn't already
    This is not my plan for the rest of the week lol, gonna blow what myth I have now on various hero accessories so I can cap philo and use the npc converter after patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but no more Philo tomes? I just started saving up both to afford things here and there...the cost had better be WAY reduced for relic items if I need to buy them with myth..
    This also, I am kind of sad to see it go, but hoping relic costs are cheaper. Better finish leveling pld this weekend and do relic now before patch hits for my sword and shield.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm expecting a 10:1 conversion ratio at best. Myth should be easier to get post-2.2, so unless 200myth is make or break for you, don't waste your time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

doubt it, if it was that low no one would do mission roulettes etc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What? I am only referring to the philo->myth conversion bit; not roulettes. Post-2.2, I suspect the roulettes will keep the same values they have now, except everywhere it gives philo, it'll give myth instead.

I s'pose we'll just have to wait for a better translation and/or official word.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More retainers via micro transactions
    wat? $10 for another retainer?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Back in 1.0, it was advertised as $1/mo per extra retainer. I never happened though, but that's what I'm expecting now.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    "Myth will take Philosophy's place"

I imagine that means that you'll be able to amass as much myth after 2.2 at the speed that you currently amass philo. 300 simply for doing main story roulette, etc. I doubt the prices will change.
    ^

Them yanking Philo out of the game would be way too much re-design work. I'm pretty sure all it means is that the new dungeons and fights wont have a Philo award, just Mytho and Senki.
    Doing it that way actually leaves a reason to do the older content. Need starred craft mats? Gotta run some coil or Haukke HM.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Part of the translation says a NPC will convert Philo to Myth so I don't think that'll be the case. Plus it shouldn't be too hard, time consuming perhaps, but not hard.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When they say "most people" I'm guessing they probably just mean casuals since no amount of effort will stop the end gamers from achieving this before 2.25 imo. I like the path they're taking on paper I just hope it works in practice. Weapons are always looming over our heads as there's always gonna be a BiS and it determines our job/class.

I wanna hear about new jobs. I know it's stupid for some but I've become pretty bored with everything and I think that goes for a lot of people. Only reason I even try a new job is when I FL the Allagan weapon for it. Current project: DRG. Purely out of boredom... game needs more relevant content. I am really hoping that weapon quest is convoluted, involved, and makes it difficult to obtain something in this game, within reason of course. That reasoning being skilled play and not some spammable bullshit you figure out once and just pound away at repeatedly for six weeks to obtain X amount of the necessary tokens or whatever.

Looking forward to dat ROADMAP seeing as how the last one was so accurate...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    wat? $10 for another retainer?
    I believe it was $1 per extra retainer back at 1.0 or something.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been chillin with 2k philo for a while, I'll spend em to make an ingot or two here and there for our house but you get them so fast from roulette and CT. May as well keep em capped at 2k for the conversion, shit's gonna be free easy mytho

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For anyone that didn't F5, the unofficial official translation is up.