+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fargo (FX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

a lot of speculation that if there's a season 2
    Spoiler: show
    someone else may find the money at some point which would link it back
    , but idk how well that would actually work. but they've said that it's one and done for the cast so IF there's s2 it'd be new people

Banned.

BG Level

thought it was intended to just be a 10 episode miniseries.

billybob is great in this though.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

that was my original understanding too, but I keep seeing AVClub mentioning possible season 2 so idk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anthology shows are the new thing!

I think following the bad luck money would definitely be the best way to go about it year-to-year.

Or they could just do a season around that weird random asian guy from the movie. I kid. I'm loving the call backs but I hope they keep them sparse.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only reason i'm watching this show is because it's one and done.
    If they do more, meh, prob wont watch.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

plus side of an anthology show is each season is self contained, so you can drop out without leaving the story incomplete
    interview with the showrunner here where he talks about having an idea for a second season, and how he approaches it as a ten hour movie, not a tv show.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-series-695532

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I really hope they make a second season. It is my favorite show on TV at the moment.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Lester Nygard: The most evil, cowardly bastard on television.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I love how it took a moment from BrBa where Walt calls his neighbor to go check out the house that he suspects might be dangerous, and then amps it to a whole new level of fucked-up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watched the finale last night. While I thought it ended appropriately, I was a little disappointed. Nothing too serious, though.

I wanted them to catch Lester and/or Lorne through detective work, when it really turned out that they caught Lorne because of Gus' blind luck and Lorne's (awesomely gruesome) injury, caused by Lester. Not sure how they caught Lester, exactly, but it wasn't through any detective work shown on the show. I'm also not sure what the point of having it in Montana instead of Minnesota was. The metaphorical thin ice turning into literal thin ice also seemed a little heavy handed.

I'm also a little disappointed we never saw Oliver Platt's grocery magnate character after he dropped the money off by the side of the road. Wouldn't Lorne have gone after him at some point for ditching the money? And the money presumably got picked up by someone at some point, curious what happened to that, but I would suppose that might very well tie into next year's story.

All in all, an excellent show, and one I'll be definitely looking forward to it if/when it returns next year. I will be curious if they keep around the same surviving characters, or start with a new cast entirely. I think I'd rather see a new cast, maybe with a cameo or two from the existing characters.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yessss
    http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...new-characters
    As expected, FX has ordered a new season of "Fargo." And, as expected, it'll follow the "American Horror Story"/"True Detective" model of starting over from scratch.

Per FX's announcement this morning at the Television Critics Association press tour, "The new chapter of the 'Fargo' story will feature an all-new cast of characters, a new time period and a new 'true crime' story that will unfold over the course of 10 episodes."

One aspect of the acclaimed original season that won't change: Noah Hawley, who wrote all 10 episodes of season 1 — and who did a remarkable job of evoking the work of the Coen brothers without seeming like a bad imitator — will remain in charge of the show.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's fantastic news, exactly what I was hoping for. I would enjoy seeing cameos by the surviving characters (or even have it take place prior to the last series and have some of the dead characters make cameos), but a fresh cast certainly opens up the possibilities when it comes to story.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So glad it's coming back. I hope they continue to follow the original Fargo money, or, if they decide to go a different path, it's loosely tied to the movie somehow. The writing was so good in season one. It was full of nuance and excellently mimicked the Coens' style of language jokes and call backs. Can't wait to see what characters will show up next year. I'll miss the badassary of Malvo for sure, and will definitely miss Solverson.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

as some people may have expected season 2 will be about:
    the Sioux Falls incident

The season will take place in 1979. There will be stories in Fargo, Luverne and Sioux Falls.
    The season will focus on a Young Lou Solversson. Hawley says he called Allison Tolman this morning and told her that unless she can play a four-year-old version of herself, she won't be in this season "which is a crime and a tragedy and you should all be very angry at us for doing that." So Lou will be a 33-year-old man recently back from Vietnam. We'll meet Molly's mom and we may learn why she wasn't in this past season.

Hawley says "Fargo," "A Serious Man" and "No Country For Old Men" were the three Coen Brothers movies that influenced the first season and says the second season will be influenced by "Fargo," "Miller's Crossing" and "The Man Who Wasn't There." And he urges you to speculate online about what that means.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print...9jByRMpBwKz.99

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Didn't really want to bump this topic before a season 2 announcement and get people's hopes up, but since it was, I finally marathoned the first season and really enjoyed it. >.> Would highly recommend this show. Fantastic all around.

Really looking forward to the next season.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.avclub.com/article/kirste...-second-212856
    While overtures to Nick Offerman are apparently still in the “sending him pictures of Minnesota trees he could kill” phase, Fargo has secured another familiar face from a fellow cult television show: Jesse Plemons, whose roles on Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights make that doubly true. FX has announced that Plemons will join the show’s second season alongside Kirsten Dunst in her first regular TV role (save for a handful of appearances on shows like ER, Sisters, and Star Trek: The Next Generation). Plemons and Dunst will co-star as a married couple, Ed and Peggy Bloomquist, with Dunst playing a “small town beautician with big-city dreams,” and Plemons a butcher’s assistant who supports her ambitions, but doesn’t entirely understand them.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.avclub.com/article/patric...-more-j-213615
    FX has announced that Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, and Jean Smart will all join the previously announced Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst in the second season of its Coen Brothers pastiche. Wilson takes the starring role of Lou Solverson, the younger version of Keith Carradine’s retired detective, who returns from Vietnam in 1979 to investigaterson a crimerson involving the moberson. Danson will play his father-in-law, Sheriff Hank Larsson, who’s described in the press release as embodying “a certain cowboy poetry,” such as the one about horses.

As previously rumored, Offerman will take on the appropriately burly role of Karl Weathers (so named as to avoid trademark infringement on Carl Weathers), a local lawyer whom the press release deems “a flowery drunk”—a reference to his “gift for gab” and, presumably, piquant bouquet of scotch sweat.

ted danson and nick offerman, fucking sold

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

holy shit yes
    http://www.avclub.com/article/bruce-...n-fargo-217067
    Bruce Campbell will be joining fellow new cast members Ted Danson, Nick Offerman, and Patrick Wilson in the role of the only president that matters. The new season of the show takes place long before the events of Fargo’s first season, picking up in Sioux Falls, South Dakota circa 1979. At this point in history, the Gipper was no longer making movies with monkeys and was done acting as boss man to Congressional baboons, having declined to run for a third term as governor of California in 1975. FX CEO John Landgraf explains that, in the context of the show, “[Reagan]’s on his first campaign [and he] makes a swing through Fargo. Some of the characters have some interactions with him. And some of his movies are also a part of the show.” Landgraf adds that, “a lot of what [Fargo’s second season] is about is the cultural transformation that was going on at the time.”

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Is this going to be a comedy?