1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's just habit to call it AF2 I think. People on Excal still call mytho gear AF2

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    It's just habit to call it AF2 I think. People on Excal still call mytho gear AF2
    What people don't understand is that AF gear in FFXI and now FFXIV will always have the appearance (or likeness) of classical armor appearances from various other Final Fantasy games. I mean it's a dead giveaway that it's AF, or AF2, or Artifact or what have you. For example, Myth DRG gear in game is a throwback to Kain's armor from FFIV. the upcoming AF2 for MNK is a throwback to Yang's gear from FFIV as well.

---

I'ma just post DRG AF2 just to further move away from the idea that this stuff is AF2:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

All this talk of Odin gear, I'm more disappointed in how it will work with cowls. There's no such thing as a good looking cowl so if one is ever the best in slot piece for a mage then we are stuck with shitty looking gear or choosing the next best in slot. Hopefully they will just stop adding cowls or design them so you can hide those awful hoods.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    All this talk of Odin gear, I'm more disappointed in how it will work with cowls. There's no such thing as a good looking cowl so if one is ever the best in slot piece for a mage then we are stuck with shitty looking gear or choosing the next best in slot. Hopefully they will just stop adding cowls or design them so you can hide those awful hoods.
    No. You can glamour a cowl into a robe with no hat (or hat with no body, but... yeah that would look interesting), you just can't do the opposite.

They even gave that exact case as something you can totally do.
    Spoiler: show
    Able to cast glamours

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_5.png

• Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl on another hooded cowl, as both occupy a body and head slot.
    • Casting the glamour of a robe on a hooded cowl, as the body and head slot of the hooded cowl include the body slot of the robe.
    • In this case, you will not appear to be wearing headwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Because it isn't. This is BRD AF2:

http://images.gameskinny.com/gameski...9033c33495.jpg

They never explicitly stated when AF2 would be released, everyone just assumed it would be 2.2 because they showed us concept art early. How you people are getting the armors mixed up is far beyond me. Especially when these images are readily available on the internet. I bet you 5$ and my left nut that 2.3 will have AF2, as well as new PvP sets.
    They actually said it was 2.2 during live letter 9 when it was shown. ofc they could have pushed it back though

http://www.twitch.tv/ducosan/c/3108085 around 2:11

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What people don't understand is that AF gear in FFXI and now FFXIV will always have the appearance (or likeness) of classical armor appearances from various other Final Fantasy games. I mean it's a dead giveaway that it's AF, or AF2, or Artifact or what have you. For example, Myth DRG gear in game is a throwback to Kain's armor from FFIV. the upcoming AF2 for MNK is a throwback to Yang's gear from FFIV as well.

---

I'ma just post DRG AF2 just to further move away from the idea that this stuff is AF2:

It also literally says AF2 on each of those concept art panels, so there's that.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    They actually said it was 2.2 during live letter 9 when it was shown. ofc they could have pushed it back though

It actually looks like he mentioned the Allagan Mail being 2.2 ("This is 2.2") then correcting himself and stating it as a new type of Allagan Mail from Coil. One can assume that he doesn't want to tell players when this gear is coming out, but he let slip on the Allagan Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It also literally says AF2 on each of those concept art panels, so there's that.
    Also the fact that regardless of the concept art that's shown, every single time we see concept art it's faithfully recreated 100% in game, down to the details and color.

People are just hoping to hope for AF2. It will come but we don't know the time, or fashion. It can be a CT drop for all we know, or a new type of tome or from Coil or w/e.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i was under the impression he said the allagan armor was for 2.2 which he showed after the first accidental showing of af2 but i cba to rewatch cuz we aren't getting af2 in 2.2

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Which is disappointing because as soon as we get that Yang gear I will never change jobs again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    No. You can glamour a cowl into a robe with no hat (or hat with no body, but... yeah that would look interesting), you just can't do the opposite.

They even gave that exact case as something you can totally do.
    Spoiler: show
    Able to cast glamours

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_5.png

• Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl on another hooded cowl, as both occupy a body and head slot.
    • Casting the glamour of a robe on a hooded cowl, as the body and head slot of the hooded cowl include the body slot of the robe.
    • In this case, you will not appear to be wearing headwear.
    Thank god for that. Seems I just read it wrong this morning when I looked at it.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They never explicitly stated when AF2 would be released, everyone just assumed it would be 2.2 because they showed us concept art early. How you people are getting the armors mixed up is far beyond me. Especially when these images are readily available on the internet. I bet you 5$ and my left nut that 2.3 will have AF2, as well as new PvP sets.
    My money is 2.4 because I don't expect 2.3 to raise ilvl

Also easy rule for glamors: slots on vanity piece equal to, or less than, slots on equipped gear

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Everyone has differing opinions, no one cares if you like it or not. Glamour exists, so who cares?
    People who like to ram their opinions down other's throats, lol.

And in a thread about glamor options, no less. I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    My money is 2.4 because I don't expect 2.3 to raise ilvl

Also easy rule for glamors: slots on vanity piece equal to, or less than, slots on equipped gear
    I honestly think there will not be a 2.4, since there has been no mention of it anywhere ever, but yet they have been already speaking of 3.0

And yea, new af2 designs coming from CT in 2.3 is possible, but would suck =/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think they ever talked further than 2 patches ahead (3.0 is an exception since that's the expansion and people always ask about that). I fully expect there to be 2.4, but dunno after that.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If they do come from CT 2.3 it had better be some good shit and not follow suit with how CT is 10 ilvl below the best gear. Or if it is at least let us upgrade via quests and stuff like how relics are going to be now

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I honestly think there will not be a 2.4, since there has been no mention of it anywhere ever, but yet they have been already speaking of 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-P
    Understood, so that's because the DPS will be raised as a whole?

Yoshida: Yes, the number of people with stronger gear will increase. For example, if you do hard mode Titan with seven people equipped with Allagan weapons, you should have a comfortable margin to defeat him even if one person falls off. In patch 2.1, with the level 80 equipment from Crystal Tower, there will be a middle step added for players to become more comfortable with clearing this content. Rather than relaxing the content, we want players to make the effort to obtain better equipment. By patch 2.4 or so once equipment has reached a certain level, these battles may just feel like normal monsters.

Originally we scheduled to implement patch 2.1 at the end of November, but we wanted to add a few more things, and we're working really hard to get the update out, so please hang on a bit longer. I've been working with management and we've been patient but anxious to get the content from patch 2.1 out there. It's been easy to lose track of where we were at with all of the different subgroups working on different content.

We have the three pillars that we are emphasizing in patch 2.1 by releasing them all at once, so the players will have a lot of new options from the onset. One of them, for example, is the treasure hunts. Treasure hunts are just one option from the new content which we expect people to participate in, and we don't want people to just shift from spending all their time in one type of content to spending all their time in another. In a nutshell, players will gather up treasure maps, decipher the map, go to the marked location to find the treasure chest, and finally take part in a battle to obtain the content of the chest.

I see. That's only one of the things being implemented, but you don't expect users to spend all their time doing treasure hunts.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post5979992

He also makes a quip about how iLevel at 2.4, so Kaslo may definitely be right.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post5979992

He also makes a quip about how iLevel at 2.4, so Kaslo may definitely be right.
    Damnit =/

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would say CT 2.0 for the af2 as well because it sort of fits the pattern. Unfortunately that may mean additional drop slots for smn, sch, war, and pld armors.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm gonna guess that 2.X Series will go as long as 2.45, then they will make the expansion jump to 3.0. If they time it right on their development end it could be as early as late November and as late as early January. That entire time period is the major meat of the Q4 release cycle for games, and what better way to make money than to have an expansion ready for the holidays?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I bet you 5$ and my left nut that 2.3 will have AF2, as well as new PvP sets.
    only new gear in 2.3 is whatever comes from Ramuh and CT2. CT2 gear will be worse than the Coil set. AF2 being not top tier is very unlikely, hope you have insurance on that nut.