1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Glamours and Gear Preview (03/20/2014)

Link

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...5da7227deb.png

An adventurer's journey is a never-ending one, as they quest for greater spoils to better arm themselves against the dangers of Eorzea. Today's patch preview offers a peek at Gerolt's masterworks and the new Glamours system, allowing players to gain both the power they desire and a style to match.

Gerolt's Masterworks

A host of new gear will be available in patch 2.2, offering players the edge they need to overcome the new challenges that await them. Among that new gear are Gerolt's masterworks, a new set of gear obtainable through the exchange of Allagan tomestones of soldiery.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_0.png

Gerolt the Weaponsmith

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_1.png

From blacksmithing to carpentry to weaving, all these arts and more were mastered by Gerolt, the renowned artisan whose name once echoed through the halls of every workshop in Eorzea.

None could match his sense for form and function, his creations earning the acclaim of disciples of war and magic across the realm. All who sought the finest tools of their chosen profession had eyes only for those fashioned by his masterful hands.

But alas, the master would lose himself to the thralls of liquor, his legend left to sink to the bottom of his drinking glass. As years passed, his extant creations grew all the more valuable for their rarity, artifacts highly sought by the wealthiest collectors in the realm. And yet in recent days, an ever-increasing number of arms seemingly forged by his hand have surfaced. Could this be a sign of Gerolt's return, or merely the work of a forger who would shamelessly exploit the master's name for his own ill gain?

Rowena, the maven of munitions at Revenant's Toll, espouses that proof of an item's authenticity can be found in Gerolt's signature─the mark of Rhalgr, breaker of worlds─and indeed, the master's fervor for the god of destruction in his early years is widely known. Those who would possess true power would do well to seek those artifacts that bear this mark.

Glamours

By using Glamours, players can alter the appearance of gear to resemble other gear of similar form and function. All visible gear including main arms, shields, armor, earrings, and rings can be altered.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_2.png

Quest Requirements

To unlock Glamours, players must first complete the following quest. Upon completion, the action Cast Glamour will appear under General Actions in the Actions and Traits interface.

Quest Name A Self-improving Man
    Required Level Level 50
    Quest Location Mor Dhona (X:22, Y:6) - Wiscard

Casting Glamours

First, ensure that you are in possession of the gear whose appearance you wish to alter (the base item), the gear whose appearance you wish to project (the projected item), and the corresponding glamour prism. Select the base item, then choose Cast Glamour from the subcommand menu.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_3.png

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_4.png

The glamour prism will be consumed upon use, but no gear will be lost in the process. Furthermore, gear used to cast glamours will be bound upon use of a glamour prism.

Uncasting a glamour requires the use of a glamour dispeller.

Projectable Items
    Glamours may be cast with any items that meet the following conditions:

• The base and projected items are of the same type.
    • The equipment level of the projected item is equal to or lower than the base item.
    • The base item and projected item can be equipped by the same class or job.
    • The base item and projected item can be equipped by the same gender or race.

For gear occupying more than one gear slot, one the following conditions must be met in addition to the above:

• The base item and projected item occupy the same gear slots.
    • All of the projected item's gear slots fall within the base item's gear slots.

Example
    Able to cast glamours

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_5.png

• Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl on another hooded cowl, as both occupy a body and head slot.
    • Casting the glamour of a robe on a hooded cowl, as the body and head slot of the hooded cowl include the body slot of the robe.
    • In this case, you will not appear to be wearing headwear.

Glamours cannot be cast

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_6.png

• Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl on a robe, as the head slot of the hooded cowl is not covered by the robe.

* The equipment requirements of a glamoured item are identical to the base item.
    * The appearance of the base item will be used in the event your current class cannot equip the projected item.
    * Glamours may be temporarily disabled in PvP arenas and other unique areas.

Acquire new gear to overcome the dangers of Eorzea, and magick them for a stylish appearance all your own.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_7.png
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_8.png
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/a15...a7227deb_9.png

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm sure it's relevant to others as well, it seems you can glamour multi-slot pieces onto your own gear. So Odin body onto Allagan body would work but you would be locked from glamouring the gloves, legs, and feet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Guess that answered the question of if AF2 was gonna be in this patch since Gerolt's stuff is bought with new tombstones. I also lost my bet on guessing new tombstone name, I guessed Ideology Pretty cool looking none the less I'm really into the gold trim on whm set.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Bikini turns 1-9. Can't wait.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Bikini turns 1-9. Can't wait.
    Aww yes, can't wait... pretty much my entire groups miqo'te female...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Aww yes, can't wait... pretty much my entire groups miqo'te female...
    Shocking

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    Shocking
    What would be shocking, is if the one male galka in the group got a swimsuit for glamors...

Although there is an off chance he may not be with the group, because its an alt from his main group... we may need a replacement... female miqo'te tank >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess AF2 was delayed. Not really liking those new sets tbh, thank god for Glamours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I guess AF2 was delayed. Not really liking those new sets tbh, thank god for Glamours.
    Or they could be not showing them? /Hope (nvm, it would seem the new Tome items don't seem to be AF2)

Thought that new Allagan Monk set looks pretty bland. And the Casting ripped right out of Kill La Kill.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In case anyone was looking at Famitsu, the article today had the same info about glamours and Gerolt, but also had some info about dailies. Nothing super important, just quest info (both start in Limsa, require clearing Stone Vigil in the main storyline). Kobold starts at level 41, Sahagin starts at 44.

All I'm seeing here is a confirmation that we can't "save" glamour appearances and apply them as we wish, meaning we need to keep all pieces of gear we want to use for glamours rather than getting an imprint and being able to toss them.

So if your inventory is already fucked, this just makes it even worse.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    So if your inventory is already fucked, this just makes it even worse.
    They have motivation to fuck your inventory now, since they announced they will have optional service fees for additional retainers. Hopefully they aren't too blatant about it, at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Or they could be not showing them? /Hope (nvm, it would seem the new Tome items don't seem to be AF2)

Thought that new Allagan Monk set looks pretty bland. And the Casting ripped right out of Kill La Kill.
    Or that but where would they come from? Unless we get a bunch of content they haven't announced yet it's unlikely at this point.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

that WAR axe looks pretty hot to me and the body isn't too bad either I'm just not a fan of the dress look on the bottom.

Casting is alright I guess, too pointy looking for my tastes

Black Belt
    BG Level

i'm confused, the bottom two pics are what we buy with the new tomes?

and Masterworks also includes the armor in those pictures not just weapons?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    i'm confused, the bottom two pics are what we buy with the new tomes?

and Masterworks also includes the armor in those pictures not just weapons?
    Masterworks=new tomes. No clue about those weapons, maybe we can now buy those with tomestones as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Masterworks=new tomes. No clue about those weapons, maybe we can now buy those with tomestones as well.
    so that blue white jester outfit is just random dungeon stuff?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Anyone else hoping they show us a good picture of the allagan healer gear? You barely saw the WHM in the 2.2 trailer and she was so tiny I have no idea what the allagan gear really looks like. I just want to know if I'll be ugly or not, help me Yoshida-san. (I know glamours etc).

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Some of that gear just looks plain silly.

At least WAR was spared, lol.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The first pic up top weapons, could even be the new relic zodiac look, I wouldn't be surprised if the weapons looked different.

Or they can just be new allagan weapon... we'll know on patch day, SE tends to post all the new stuff in their database with pics.

Randomly, when someone mentioned "spikey" my mind suddenly thought... World of warcraft spikey gear...! NEEDS MAOR SPIKES

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast