1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maintenance march 26-27     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Maintenance march 26-27

At the following time, in order to implement patch 2.2 as well as adjustments to the instance system, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

This maintenance will introduce a new structure to the instance system that automatically adjusts the number of available instances according to the level of congestion. Until now, depending on the time of day, the number of players would become concentrated in certain content, maxing out the number of available instances, resulting in extended waiting times for players despite having a full party. With the implementation of this new system, more players than ever before will be able to participate simultaneously in the same content.

Because the implementation of this new structure will require a modification to the very core of the instance system, much time will be needed for checks and verifications before going live, which is the reason for the extended length of this maintenance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding.

* The World transfer service will be suspended 24 hours before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
    From Mar. 26, 2014 1:00 a.m. to March 27, 2014 2:00 a.m. (PDT) *Completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV:

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

twenty five hours why

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Don't worry bro, I'm sure it'll take longer.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

And then look forward to the servers choking and burning when 100 thousand people are all doing the one instanced fight and/or FATE for story progression, or like 1000 people all doing coil 6 at the same time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We're all going to stay up the night before hoping it open up early only to be mad when it doesn't.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pftt
    playing Titanfall. Fuck yall lol shit will be there laggy as ever when it does come up

Relic Horn
    BG Level

World first glamour doe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guess I'll be in Spira then.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    twenty five hours why
    Because the implementation of this new structure will require a modification to the very core of the instance system, much time will be needed for checks and verifications before going live, which is the reason for the extended length of this maintenance.

Its right there o.o

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Only an hour longer from the last!? Sweet! But really this is going to be the norm for some time if not all the time. They keep fucking with the servers so yes I am not shocked

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They'll get 'em right sooner or later

It's not the length of the maintenance that concerns me, it's more than the longer the maintenance is -> the more stuff they're changing -> the more likely they are to break shit that's going to require multiple 4-8 hour emergency maints in the following days.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think I've been reading this wrong. I thought the update was all day Thursday, but rereading this now, the update is all day Wednesday, is that correct? 2.2 should be playable at 5AM EST Thursday?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I think I've been reading this wrong. I thought the update was all day Thursday, but rereading this now, the update is all day Wednesday, is that correct? 2.2 should be playable at 5AM EST Thursday?
    Correct