1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For a patch beyond 2.3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Just hope coil will really be challenging cuz outside of coil, new gerolt, nothing much is worth it

Leviathan aid moogle will take 1 week max, 15 min per day for dailies 1 roulette per day for new tome ( if it's a roulette)

Urgh. Hoping more games comes out to pass the time
    Except.. you know... the new relic quest. Yoshida implied that it's pretty big and they haven't talked about it. I'm sure it'll be a grind but maybe there's something else we're missing and there's more gear to get outside of soldiery.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Except.. you know... the new relic quest. Yoshida implied that it's pretty big and they haven't talked about it. I'm sure it'll be a grind but maybe there's something else we're missing and there's more gear to get outside of soldiery.
    Coil Turn 6 Complete!
    You obtain 17 Allagan Byne Bills!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Coil Turn 6 Complete!
    You obtain 17 Allagan Byne Bills!
    They might as well make use of that Beast Tribe currency leftover from 1.0's Relics.

Maybe throw in a bunch of Key Items from quests and shit. Obligatory Tomestone materials, along with stages requiring 25 stacks each of some combination of HQ (and only HQ) Gold and Darksteel Ore, or Crawler Cocoons, Spruce Logs, etc. along however far this Relic upgrade thing stretches.

Is that not brutal enough yet?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For all the people saying the best gear should come from the hardest content, remember this: at a 450 cap, it takes 3 months to fully welfare a job to i90. More importantly, by lowering the ilvl of tome gear, SE basically destroyed the 'token system' allagan gear sorta had going in 2.0. I read about people going 20 runs without their coil drops, that's 5 months. Luckily you'd even get 50 tomes from the turn to farm up equal gear. Now instead of having an alternative with tome gear, it's changed to 'enjoy being gimp with gear 10 levels lower, because hurray rng'. Allagan weapons being 5 ilvl higher was fine as 'prestige', no need to make that difference more and fuck you out of a 'token system' in the process.

I'm sure we are all hoping for the coil drop system to change, but I am not holding my breath this close to 2.2 release.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still haven't seen aiming boots after 4-5 months of turn 4 at the very least, so fuck everything basically. Lockouts + rng in a vertical progression game is fucking stupid.

Going to be sad when my crit value goes down because there's only one best set now due to dex and it's definitely not going to be all crit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Because most classes want det. But some classes want crit. Variety!
    you can also increase your main stat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    For all the people saying the best gear should come from the hardest content, remember this: at a 450 cap, it takes 3 months to fully welfare a job to i90. More importantly, by lowering the ilvl of tome gear, SE basically destroyed the 'token system' allagan gear sorta had going in 2.0. I read about people going 20 runs without their coil drops, that's 5 months. Luckily you'd even get 50 tomes from the turn to farm up equal gear. Now instead of having an alternative with tome gear, it's changed to 'enjoy being gimp with gear 10 levels lower, because hurray rng'. Allagan weapons being 5 ilvl higher was fine as 'prestige', no need to make that difference more and fuck you out of a 'token system' in the process.

I'm sure we are all hoping for the coil drop system to change, but I am not holding my breath this close to 2.2 release.
    Did they say anything about how drops will work for t6 to t9?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    No, we only know there's a weekly lockout on the content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Still haven't seen aiming boots after 4-5 months of turn 4 at the very least, so fuck everything basically. Lockouts + rng in a vertical progression game is fucking stupid.

Going to be sad when my crit value goes down because there's only one best set now due to dex and it's definitely not going to be all crit.
    I was stuck wearing some darklight for a while for acc purposes. Can't wait to be wearing currency gear because coil drops are awfully itemized like turn 1-5 are for bard. They better take into consideration this shit and not make all of a classes best gear drop from the last boss

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

you can also increase your main stat.
    Do you have any sort of proof of this?

Well, it's 4 turns that have drops, which is the same as current Coil, so I imagine it will be the same sort of schematics. 2 chests at the end of each turn, the final turn has one chest dropping only the new 115 weapons.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

They ruined the token system when you could get Myth from things other than the hardest content. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear while skipping the hardest content. This approach doesn't fix the problem either though. Not sure which I liked better. We'll just have to see how much RNG fucks us all in the ass first. Even though I'm currently lucky enough to be full PLD BIS my luck could change in 2.2.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You're replying to Rata. Why are you doing this lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Even though I'm currently lucky enough to be full PLD BIS my luck could change in 2.2.
    My group has yet to see a Round Shield drop since we began Coil in October; neither have Blade or Helm dropped across 8 Twintania kills. It might be less terrible if the Allagan armor and accessories were dispersed across multiple mini-bosses or chests with smaller pools, since we're probably not getting a token system with the new Turns.

It feels like
    Spoiler: show
    all over again.

Fuck Skirmish Pephredo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    My group has yet to see a Round Shield drop since we began Coil in October; neither have Blade or Helm dropped across 8 Twintania kills. It might be less terrible if the Allagan armor and accessories were dispersed across multiple mini-bosses or chests with smaller pools, since we're probably not getting a token system with the new Turns.
    They really should move accessories out the damn coffers, there's so many of them that eat away at the loot table

Put them on the boss or mini-boss/adds (random)

Like Turn 1 ADS at the start, could have done a mechanic where if you kill at least 2 adds, you will see 1 drop (50%), can you do 3?, 2 drops (75% chance), try for 4 and risk it, now you have a shot at 3 drops (100%)

Do that for Coil 2 in some way or fashion

Put a little risk in there to get rewards for the players, Coil 6-9 should be at least 8 coffers (2 each per Turn),and say maybe 6 accessories gotten by doing something through the earlier turns, leaving 1 Turn w/o said mechanic maybe say Turn 9

This way, you have more chances for the right gear to drop

I've lost count on how many fucking times I've seen the damn BLM Rope Belt drop from Turn 4 or Striking/Maiming Earring since doing Coil from October 2013
    Last week was the first time EVER! I saw the Tank Belt drop, that's how ridiculous Coil is, a 5 month wait for a GODDAMN accessory...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

This is exactly why Coil should have dropped its own tokens, and have that buy Coil gear. Problem with that is turn 5 is harder than turn 1 so you'd need tokens specific to each turn to balance it out. Then they'd need to be careful about not giving you too many or you'd gear up too fast. Another problem with this is you'd get nothing for a while and suddenly be able to buy five pieces at once. I like the idea of a token system to fight the RNG but SE doesn't seem to know how to implement one properly. Or do they? They got it right with the extreme primal quest.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well he did say that:

In 2.0 the gear was the same, but this time we're doing it different. Once you play you'll understand. Please try it out, I don't want to spoil it.
    It makes me hope there's more to it than straight "Tomes are i100, Coil are i110".

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

It feels like
    Spoiler: show
    all over again.

Fuck Skirmish Pephredo.
    Doesn't out rng Falisa. 20 kills 0 blm, 0 brd, 0 smn. A token system would be nice.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    They ruined the token system when you could get Myth from things other than the hardest content. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear while skipping the hardest content. This approach doesn't fix the problem either though. Not sure which I liked better. We'll just have to see how much RNG fucks us all in the ass first. Even though I'm currently lucky enough to be full PLD BIS my luck could change in 2.2.
    Them adding to stuff other than coil perhaps wasn't so smart, but considering it takes 3 months to gear up that way, I wouldn't really mind. 3 months is a long time and people who want to go that route should be good for keeping subs. I'd personally rage-quit within a month if I only had rng. Doing coil and getting myth gear to fill in rng fuck up slots was the fastest way to gear up jobs. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

I hope Yoshida has some sort of plan for coil drops if he dares to remove the one 'sorta' token system it had going, but why would you not mention that in the live letter? Scared to get burned like when he announced the CT drop system? It can't be that hard to make up a token system that would last about 6 months, which is the expected time frame in which coil drops would get outclassed by new coil turns.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Them adding to stuff other than coil perhaps wasn't so smart, but considering it takes 3 months to gear up that way, I didn't really mind. Doing coil and getting myth gear to fill in rng fuck up slots was the fastest way to gear up jobs. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

I hope Yoshida has some sort of plan for coil drops if he dares to remove the one 'sorta' token system it had going, but why would you not mention that in the live letter? Scared to get burned like when he announced the CT drop system?
    Yeah because announcing it 3 days later will make a huge difference. They've announced more controversial stuff in this letter than "Coil drop system is the same", he's probably just covering up something else that he didn't want to announce right away. He seemed to imply that there is something they haven't revealed yet so save the torches and pitchforks for next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast