1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It's not rocket science. Letting people get one piece a week would let them gear a job in three months. That's roughly the gap between major patches.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Do you have any sort of proof of this?
    Just my assumption, they talked about "stats".

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Except.. you know... the new relic quest. Yoshida implied that it's pretty big and they haven't talked about it. I'm sure it'll be a grind but maybe there's something else we're missing and there's more gear to get outside of soldiery.
    Want to believe, trust me

But 100 person only to beat t5 (lol)

Devs always underestimate good players

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I went 6 months before seeing healing body drop. Having some way, similar to CT, to ensure you get a particular drop even if it's once a week would be nice. Just getting something once a week. I actually like the CT system. Can't farm it, but you can redo it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Zero pairs of blm legs and feet. Well that is a lie we got blm feet 3 weeks back, after I caved and bought my myth the week before. I'm like the only real blm in my group. Tho we have seen body and hands a fuck ton, lots of new smn and blm fighting with me for the pants due to t2 being a whore

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yeah because announcing it 3 days later will make a huge difference. They've announced more controversial stuff in this letter than "Coil drop system is the same", he's probably just covering up something else that he didn't want to announce right away. He seemed to imply that there is something they haven't revealed yet so save the torches and pitchforks for next week.
    Well I still have 3 months of sub so I am going to see how it pans out next week wether I like it or not, but it just seems weird to me that you would bother to announce that you're going to remove the tome=same ilvl as coil in the live letter, yet not bother to mention how you will provide a better alternative than rng. And another reason I find it weird that it wasn't mentioned in the live letter is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It's not rocket science. Letting people get one piece a week would let them gear a job in three months. That's roughly the gap between major patches.
    Drop systems are easy to make, the only person who made it rocket science was Tanaka.

Gearing taking anywhere between 3-6 months is fine to me, considering it is outclassed in 6 months by new coil turns. Gives you the chance to gear 1-2 jobs really well.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Let's not forget this estimate was made back before twister was nerfed - when it's timing was very precise, unforgiving and it had a tether.

In regards to the coil discussion on drops: for the most part I have been lucky, but even after our first turn 1 in early september I still have yet to see a healing earring. My BLM just got his weapon after 19 kills... And so I can see the frustration, but I guess we can't do anything at the moment besides wait and see if he has another trick up his sleeve.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

You're comparing trying simply to beat content with obtaining items that is more likely to be weekly gated content. Not the same. So not only might we have to first beat the content regularly, the drops may run on a RNG *AND* be gated.

Making BC drops work like CT would be the least they could do to remedy a fuckton of problems.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    You're comparing trying simply to beat content with obtaining items that is more likely to be weekly gated content. Not the same. So not only might we have to first beat the content regularly, the drops may run on a RNG *AND* be gated.
    I don't care much about gear, I want challenge

I want something that only few people can beat

Of course you need some gear for that. But for me it was more satisfying to say that I beat t5 then having my sch book

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They might as well make use of that Beast Tribe currency leftover from 1.0's Relics.
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...363dc68e4e.jpg
    I've been waiting for this moment, all of my life

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    T2 is for silence because its not mandatory to bring either plds or brds in DF. They kind of had to nerf it unless they wanted to promote nothing but enrage strat. Why would they touch T5 outside of echo buff?
    Late but: rereading again and oldcoil, along with Levi/Mog Extreme, can only be DF'd if you have a full party. So they're just nerfing HV for same reason they nerfed Brayflox dragon's poison: just because.

That would only make sense if you could only enter Bray with a premade party.

They nerfed it because SCH doesn't get Leeches till 40.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They made Antidotes work on that poison too though.

How many people actually carry around Antidotes.

(absence of question mark deliberate)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Late but: rereading again and oldcoil, along with Levi/Mog Extreme, can only be DF'd if you have a full party. So they're just nerfing HV for same reason they nerfed Brayflox dragon's poison: just because.
    A full party doesn't have to contain a Pld, Brd or Mnk, though, unless I'm missing something you're saying. You can full party X2 war, X2 blm, X2 drg and two heals and have 0 silence coverage. That's premade or DF.

Edit: Unless you're saying that you're only getting into the DF with a complete full party, in which case my point loses most of its ground, although a cadre of idiots could still -ATTEMPT- coil with the above party.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

M.. Me? <_> I think I ran out of echo drops though, since me and my friend would just randomly use them on each other during stuff like coil because they were useless.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

I had a couple from just story (side?) quests going up on my alt, like 5 antidotes which was enough for all the Brayflox's I ever ran without a SCH. But point taken >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Edit: Unless you're saying that you're only getting into the DF with a complete full party, in which case my point loses most of its ground, although a cadre of idiots could still -ATTEMPT- coil with the above party.
    Which would be no different than it is now except you don't have to be in Wineport to enter.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the old turns you need to have a full party to enter the DF. However after 2 weeks when the Echo kicks in you can enter solo.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ So again, once echo kicks in and people can go solo, the non-silence random DF build becomes far more of an actual setup. They had to do something about that, and that's why I initially questioned that kind of fight mechanic that basically begs for specific classes to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast