BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    But how do cook watermelon?
    http://www.gracelinks.org/1278/real-...-it-watermelon

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    But how do cook watermelon?
    I love bg.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Nice another win. I was just refunded $136 on the tablet I purchased for my wife on Amazon because it went on sale a couple days after I ordered it.

My old man is getting out of the hospital today! He's been stuck in there for two + fucking weeks w/ abscessed Diverticulitis.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    My old man is getting out of the hospital today! He's been stuck in there for two + fucking weeks w/ abscessed Diverticulitis.
    I haven't the slightest clue what that is, but can't be any sorta joke if he's laid up in there for 2 weeks. Gotta be good for him to be able to go home.
    Definitely a win.

Basically food can get stuck in the pockets of his large intestine. It's actually surprisingly common. The food sits there instead of passing through, rots, and infects the intestine. The intestine swells and abscesses. If the abscess bursts you are completely fucked and need to get to the hospital very quickly.

He caught it fast enough where the abscess was only perforated, not completely ruptured. He's been laying in a hospital bed getting IV Antibiotics with a drain coming out of his gut, only being able to ingest liquids for the last 2 weeks. It's been hell, especially on my mom during the holidays and everything. This is my sons first Xmas, so of course my parents we both pretty down. He's all good now though for the most part, just needs to take it easy and stick with soft foods only for the next week.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dang, yeah, sounds like it would be hellish!

Sucks to have to stick to soft foods during the holidays, dunno about ya'll but Christmas dinner is usually off the hook down with my folks here like Thanksgiving.
    Either way, glad he'll at least be able to be home for the holidays from the looks of things!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Got the phone call to not come in to work, awww yeah.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

16 hour shift tomorrow, all for double time. Get at me bros.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fuck yeah. The B-17 arrived today. Box it came in was literally 3 foot by 3 foot. Here's the badass in all it's glory next to some of my other planes for a size comparison, a Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, P-38 Lightning, and a Heinkel He111 bomber.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    Basically food can get stuck in the pockets of his large intestine. It's actually surprisingly common. The food sits there instead of passing through, rots, and infects the intestine. The intestine swells and abscesses. If the abscess bursts you are completely fucked and need to get to the hospital very quickly.

He caught it fast enough where the abscess was only perforated, not completely ruptured. He's been laying in a hospital bed getting IV Antibiotics with a drain coming out of his gut, only being able to ingest liquids for the last 2 weeks. It's been hell, especially on my mom during the holidays and everything. This is my sons first Xmas, so of course my parents we both pretty down. He's all good now though for the most part, just needs to take it easy and stick with soft foods only for the next week.
    on the bright side, your son isn't going to remember it so it's not like they missed important memory building opportunities. glad to hear your dad's doing better. that shit can get scary dangerous REALLY fast.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Good things come to those who wait, I guess. Got my tooth pulled free today. Friend's mom had a connection w/ a dentist that sometimes does charity work.
    Better than doing it a week ago and worrying about how in the fuck I'd ever be able to pay for it

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Good things come to those who wait, I guess. Got my tooth pulled free today. Friend's mom had a connection w/ a dentist that sometimes does charity work.
    Better than doing it a week ago and worrying about how in the fuck I'd ever be able to pay for it
    I'm really fucking glad it got taken care of regardless of how. Hope this alleviates the issues you were having.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i hope they drained whatever abscess you may have had

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm really fucking glad it got taken care of regardless of how. Hope this alleviates the issues you were having.
    I was fine, till about 2 hrs later when w/e he numbed my mouth with wore off. Now the pain is downright agonizing. Just took 3 sleeping pills and a shot of nyquil fuck this shit I need to fall asleep

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

That's a bit odd. After having pain that bad, just having the tooth out was all the relief needed, I never had to touch the tylenol-3 they gave me.

Did you follow proper aftercare? Biting down on the gauze, changing it after an hour?
    Did you take the day easier, not pedaling at full tilt, slacking on your regimen?

If you've got a small mirror (I have one that broke off an ancient kiddie microscope set), you should use it to check if a clot has properly formed in the socket.
    If it has though and you're still in pain, sorry man, no idea.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

They said I only had to bite on it for 20-30 mins. I kept it in for over an hour. (But there was no second one to change into) Hell, it was an 8 mile bike ride home from there, but I wasn't pretending I was at the interhigh or anything (and did my weights before I went in).

No clue what a proper clot is supposed to look like, so can't rly answer that question. If I knew it was going to feel like this I honestly would have just left it in to be honest

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It should be a lump of blood filling the socket, nearly flush with your gum line.

Follow the dentists instructions exactly in regards to caring for the open wound until the clot forms. If not you will get Dry Socket, and its one of the most painful fucking things you can possibly deal with.

No mouth suction at all, so no drinking from straws, sucking cocks/nipples, etc.... and No Smoking. Those were the big ones I remember off the top of my head..