• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it possible to install FFXI twice on the same computer?

I have a few corrupted files on FFXI on my main computer, which cause ffxi to crash every once in a while. It generally happens near the bazaars in Port Jeuno, so I'm assuming it's they're equipment models. Check files finds the corrupted files, but is unable to fix them.

Since I might have to do a full reinstall to fix them, I was wondering; is it possible to install two instances of FFXI simultaneously on a single computer? I was thinking about reinstalling FFXI while I play the old, corrupted instance, and then deleting the old one when they're both installed.

Is that possible?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm pretty sure, yes.

The method I'm envisioning would involve using two Playonlines though. Use the NA version and the EU version. You would have to alter the registry to show the path to the alternately installed FFXI though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Two instances of different regions, yes, since the registry keys are different for different regions. Since they try to install to the same path though, you have to install one to a custom path, backup the registry keys in case the new region wipes them, and then install the second to a different path, and then restore the keys after both installs are complete. I had JP and NA FFXI installed at the same time a few years ago, and that's how I did it.