1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Patch Notes 2.2 (full)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Does the appearance of the shield change at all? like does the glow return or is it just.. there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Does the appearance of the shield change at all? like does the glow return or is it just.. there.
    Bigger. Bright. More luminescent.

Spoiler: show

Shit angle and it's hard to tell, but the thing makes a bright glare. It also has the sort of aetherial-moving quality and is actually bigger than the shield itself.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Holy shit that is amazing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Holy shit that is amazing.
    I'm pretty pleased with it. Can't wait to see the sword, but... 194 myth to my name right now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Does the ilvl on the item change when it gains the glow? I mean technically it becomes equivalent to like an i110 right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Animus are 100 when fully upgraded, which I believe isn't even possible right now as all books aren't available.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Lyall is literally in this thread posting about getting his Animus shield

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Does the ilvl on the item change when it gains the glow? I mean technically it becomes equivalent to like an i110 right?
    glowing/animus weapons are only equivalent to i100 afaik. the atma stage raises the ilvl (and affects your ilvl) but has the stats of an i90.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Lyall is literally in this thread posting about getting his Animus shield
    And here I thought I was wearing it out by posting it everywhere.

glowing/animus weapons are only equivalent to i100 afaik. the atma stage raises the ilvl (and affects your ilvl) but has the stats of an i90.
    Correct. The game doesn't differentiate between a bare i100 Atma weapon and a one-book-from-completion i100 one. It's slides towards being a true i100 as you complete the Magian tria- er, the books.

The rumors of the books not all being available is likely from people reading the text that "only four are available from the start" and then failing to complete one. I'm not 100% sure but I think they initially force you to do a stat+2 book before giving you secondaries. I derped and didn't look at the Sword books before jumping right into shield, but the books for Sword are Strx2 Vitx2 Accx2 Parryx1. I'd wager that if I'd've looked, my options would have been Sword: Strx1 Vitx1 Shield: Strx1 Vitx1.

Edit: No Damage trial on the sword, so I suspect that increases when you turn it back in for the glow.

Any update on this stupid lag??

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I hope so, it makes any instance other than BC near unplayable as certain jobs. Leveling whm and doing guildhests/roulette and not having spells go off, despite not moving and saying it was inturrupted is highly annoying. Or as a tank and not having your combos respond for a few seconds after hitting them. They gotta hot fix that asap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I would love to know what is going on with the lag. My wife, who plays on a computer identical to mine using the exact same internet connection, has lag issues whereas I have not noticed any. I can hear her casting Succor before bosses and nothing happens on my screen. She'll even red-ball on my screen sometimes. Weird.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Same issues within my household. I complained in one of the other threads about the same damned thing: I get the input-error dropped-combo teleporting-paladin hiccups while she has no trouble whatsoever, while we're in the same party doing the same dungeons. I don't want to blame me being on wifi, but it seems weird as hell that it's affecting specific clients and not entire areas.

It's on their end, SE made a post about it a couple days ago and said they were looking into it, but being this hush hush about it makes me worried

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

They may be waiting to see if it was just post-update rushing stress?

Also: worst part of lag, not being able to rely on Transpose/Convert