1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes 2.2 (full)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    motherfucker it's carrying a slayer of dragons, a warrior of light, a grand hero of eorzea upon it's back it's encumbered by the sheer weight of your achievements (i hope)
    look man alls I'm saying is Admiral Buttersby the Cavalry Drake already performs that task expertly, scuttling along the ground at the speed of smell without looking like he lost a fight with a bo flex.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I love my Cavalry Drake, don't get me wrong. However if you're talking about retina-burning travesties what your character move on a Drake.

That's a goddamn travesty, looks like I'm sitting on a chair on the deck of a ship in choppy waters simulator.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

also leave it to SE to make the most convoluted vanity system in MMO history

I am officially done complaining now, I like everything else

i'm sure it's just a coincidence that in the same patch they tell us we can buy more space for $2 is the same one they introduce a vanity system where i'm constantly lugging around like 15 different items

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't want the bear, I want the white lion... and wtf at the new minion...

Plush Cushion
    Ever ready to shield your buttocks from the hardest of places.
    Use item to acquire the plush cushion minion.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does it activate its final form when you /sit near a bench or chair with it summoned?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuck, Rocl beat me to it.

Bear is driving indeed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe those are retroactive like many other achievements. I'm still sitting at 0 though thanks to itemization, can't really afford to spend points on myth gear for tanks and Coil doesn't like to drop those pieces for us. Should be easier now with caps removed but.. yeah.

Edit: there's a new lvl 70 set of armor pieces. Are those dropping in the new dungeons alongside Darklight or maybe drops from Gilgamesh (unlikely, he probably drops nothing)? They aren't listed as recipes.

I doubt it's retroactive when there's no reason for them to have been tracking that before this patch. Making it retroactive also defeats the whole point (encouraging people to play tank more).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I doubt it's retroactive when there's no reason for them to have been tracking that before this patch. Making it retroactive also defeats the whole point (encouraging people to play tank more).
    Well, those able to unlock these already played as tank quite a bit. These are meant to encourage new tanks not veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    These are meant to encourage new tanks not veterans.
    I'm not sure what would make you think that as opposed to them just wanting to increase the number of tanks queuing whether they be veterans or not.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Having to have all corresponding dungeons/trials cleared in order to use DR High/trials is totally understandable, and they should have done it before. Not counting previous clears? Thanks, SE -_-

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone notice this part of the patch notes?

The automatic logout function has been removed.

Just as patch 2.2 hits, does this mean we get to spam through log in queue's again because the servers are full of AFK people? :X

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    These are meant to encourage new tanks not veterans.
    I agree, but I like the way they have arranged the whole thing.

Having a new mount dropping for completing X dungeons as a tank would have flooded the game with lv.50 paladins not caring a damn thing about tanking and just eager to grab a new toy.
    Veteran tanks will keep on running 8-man content regardless of those mounts, while average ones will be encouraged to try their skills in harder content - proven they have the required gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm not sure what would make you think that as opposed to them just wanting to increase the number of tanks queuing whether they be veterans or not.
    Because veterans (those that had the gear to challenge EX Primals and Coil) will keep playing as tanks regardless, it's their main job by now. This is meant to encourage players who haven't bothered so far or simply couldn't due to item lockouts.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A lot of people seem to get a tank to 50 and just stop playing it after a while or get to 50 and find the community so unforgiving they give up on. Hope this might make a difference.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone notice this part of the patch notes?

The automatic logout function has been removed.

Just as patch 2.2 hits, does this mean we get to spam through log in queue's again because the servers are full of AFK people? :X
    No, the login restrictions were related to the fact that the duty finder couldn't handle the number of people using it to match people. They restricted the number of logins so the duty finder server wasn't overwhelmed. With expansions to the robustness of duty finder over the last six months and distribution of the player base over a larger number of activities in the game, it is no longer necessary to have login restriction, which in turn means it is no longer necessary to auto-logout afk people. If you've been on a non-legacy server, this hasn't been an issue since like two weeks after launch. I don't know about legacy.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

On one hand I'm glad that the tank mounts are more exclusive. Was really worried that they were going to be as plentiful as the white mage unicorns...however they could have made it a bit easier including a few 4 man dungeons...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For all those thinking roulette would be changed and could just get the new tome from old dungeons.....welp!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Registration for Duty Roulette: High Level now requires the completion of all associated duties.
    The above changes to Duty Roulette requirements have been made in light reward adjustments, and to give players further incentive to complete all the duties within each category. Furthermore, because a great number of players who register for Duty Roulette have not cleared all duties within a given category, the above changes should also improve average waiting times for players who register for duties directly.

* All players will be required to fulfill the completion requirements of each Duty Roulette category even if they were able to register prior to patch 2.2.
    Lol so we have to manually enter all of the old dungeons to do Hard Mode Roulette again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast