1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch Notes 2.2 (full)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

May as well scale up master crafter rings too.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Same
    After hard resetting my entire network, I was able to get the launcher update. If you haven't already, try just shutting down everything for 5-10 minutes and starting it all up again.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Luminary quest/achievement was in 1.0 also. Seph, I know those feels. My goldsmith and carpenter hate life

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Storyline gear beating TT-tier allagan gear would be absurd. You can't invalidate previous tier gear on day fucking one of the main storyline.
    Sure you can. That's the point of a vertical system.

Spent 6 months grinding endgame for a BiS drop? Here's a better item on day one of new update. Hope you learned your lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Titan's theme has lyrics too, no one seems to give a shit either. You can't hear it all during the fight with effect sounds turned on and the song playing, so I don't see the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Titan's lyrics aren't terrible would be why. At least it gets you pumped up for the fight.
    Ask around to see if anyone can recite you the lyrics in the Titan battle from memory. No one can. The lyrics are meant to be a background addition, they aren't meant to be the focal point of the song. Its the same reason why the Titan or Moogle Mog songs don't grate on me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I thought it did? I'm like 30 41-50 synths away from WVR luminary and I did like 90% of that grind in 1.0.
    All the synths you did prior to luminaries being implemented in 1.0 never counted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Noct Astrum Gloam Auroral Daystar Evenstar are all i110 and have weathered versions (and it's not called Allagan), so making the assumption it's related to Zodiac stuff.
    Those are the soldiery sets. Apparently they can be upgraded like most other things.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I used to sing the shit outta that moogle song in 1.0. I don't remember all the lyrics now

I will still sing the Titan song when the AAWWWH AWWWHHH WHAWWWH part comes up though

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    Ask around to see if anyone can recite you the lyrics in the Titan battle from memory. No one can. The lyrics are meant to be a background addition, they aren't meant to be the focal point of the song. Its the same reason why the Titan or Moogle Mog songs don't grate on me.
    I don't need to be able to recite the lyrics to enjoy it. I can listen to music in another language and still like it. Titan's lyrics -sound- fun. Leviathan's are terrible.

Let's not kid ourselves, they're all pretty bad.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Objectively? Probably. It's the difference between being enjoyable regardless and grating. Levi falls into the latter for me. The Coil vocals on the other hand fit in nicely. Theres a link to all the music in the datamining thread.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Titan's lyrics are just unintelligible metal screaming (or: metal), so they're fine.

Moogle's lyrics are fun and campy (for a silly fight), so ditto.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just listened to the full Leviathan track.

Music = 8/10
    Lyrics = 6/10

It fits the electric guitar bassy theme that is usually accustomed to new-age epic sea-serpent encounters in movies and shit. So thematically the music is on point. The Leviathan chants are slightly annoying, but it will wash out behind the background in a fight with sound effects turned up, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They both fit the situation. I'm not going to listen to Leviathan's out of context, doesn't make much sense imo.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I originally thought that Titan's music was more suited to a flaming, horned hell demon, but after Extreme I think he's earned it. Ifrit's music is soft because Ifrit is soft.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    After hard resetting my entire network, I was able to get the launcher update. If you haven't already, try just shutting down everything for 5-10 minutes and starting it all up again.
    Rebooting Pc didn't fix shit I'll try rebooting my modem when I get home

Titan music just reminds me of DMC so that's fine. Moogle music is amazing as well, Levi's theme is fine but the lyrics are weak. The only disappointing thing is the style is similar to Titan/Garuda when it didn't need to be (though Titan feels like Garuda's theme pumped up). So far Ifrit and Moogle are the only primals with vastly different themes.

If I am being honest, I really thought the Leviathan battle music was going to be something like this:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Eh lyrics are less than inspired but I enjoyed the end and the harmonies. The song just exudes a sense of fast paced chaos the trailer hinted at. These songs usually work well with the battle taking place on screen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Titan music just reminds me of DMC so that's fine. Moogle music is amazing as well, Levi's theme is fine but the lyrics are weak. The only disappointing thing is the style is similar to Titan/Garuda when it didn't need to be (though Titan feels like Garuda's theme pumped up). So far Ifrit and Moogle are the only primals with vastly different themes.
    I know Ifrit's music was done by Uematsu and I believe Moogle was too. Soken seems to be going with a different style for the other primals which is becoming more apparent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast