1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calamity Salvager     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Calamity Salvager

Is this new?

http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/salvager.png

The interesting thing is, I have 50ALC but I never did the quests (because I already had luminary), so the ALC quest tool isn't available, which makes sense. But I also have 50THM (from Sacrifice III days) and have not unlocked BLM (because I have always hated BLM), yet I can buy BLM relic (but not equip it, obviously).

Strange.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It is a new npc and figured it was for items people tossed out or something idk. Shame on you for hating blm tho.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Calamity Salvager was added for 2.2 and its primary purpose is to let you buy Unique/Untradeable shit you threw out.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Right but I had a friend who has a level..21 Archer, able to buy the Relic Bow lol, and I was able to buy the relic Stardust Rod (and my BLM is 26) but Bard is 50. I think it swapped the items you can get and confused em.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Right but I had a friend who has a level..21 Archer, able to buy the Relic Bow lol, and I was able to buy the relic Stardust Rod (and my BLM is 26) but Bard is 50. I think it swapped the items you can get and confused em.
    That might explain the emergency maintenance for those areas earlier. Does it still let you do that?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah there was a very quick emergency maintenance in towns this morning, I'm guessing they fixed that fast lol...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pit Badger
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I just tried to buy the Stardust rod and it didn't complete the transaction despite it being in my list, has anyone actually bought one instead of it just being in the list?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b0e4b2c51d4d41

Quote Originally Posted by Regarding an Issue Confirmed Post-Patch 2.2 Release (Mar. 27)
    Currently, we have confirmed an issue with the NPC “Calamity Salvager” wherein the Stardust rod and Artemis Bow are sometimes able to be purchased from the NPC by players who have never possessed these items before, or are unable to be purchased by players who have once owned these items before.

We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, but as a temporary measure, on Mar. 27, 2014 from 1:30 a.m. to 1:40 a.m. (PDT), we performed an emergency maintenance on certain areas in order to render the Stardust rod and Artemis bow temporarily unavailable for purchase from the NPC “Calamity Salvager.” We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask for your patience until the issue is resolved.

*The Stardust rod and Artemis bow may still appear in the list of items for sale, but you will not actually be able to purchase them.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Calamity Salvager was added for 2.2 and its primary purpose is to let you buy Unique/Untradeable shit you threw out.
    Calamity Salvager existed (on legacy servers, at least) since beta 3 or 4, and allowed us to retrieve all the stuff that wouldn't fit in our new, smaller inventory (or was on our retainers).

But this stuff is new.