• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fixing corrupted files on FFXI without reinstalling + reinstall question

I have two corrupted files that are crashing me whenever I see them, but check files is unable to fix them for some reason.

Is there any way to fix them without reinstalling everything? For example, if I downloaded the files that were corrupted, and then copied them into the correct ROM folder, would that work?

If not, I have another question; if I don't have the email that gave me my Seekers of Adoulin code anymore, am I in trouble if I have to reinstall it?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

1. Depends on the vendor that you bought SoA from, digital river you can call them during normal business hours at least from personal experience. It is highly recommended you get that email back.
    2. To try and fix the corrupted file download , delete PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\0\0.dat run filecheck again, it will go through all of FFXI and hopefully re-download the messed up files.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do you know what files they are? Just have someone PM them to you and overwrite them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just tried deleting ROM\0\0, but all Playonline managed to fix was that file.

My damaged files are ROM\48\112.DAT, and Rom\61\71.DAT, if anyone would be so kind as to send me replacements. I would really appreciate it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.speedyshare.com/uekJp/71.DAT

http://www.speedyshare.com/QXt2Z/112.DAT

I have no idea if that will work, I've never used that website before, but I like it because I didn't have to register.

edit: I just tried it and it worked, but you gotta decline all the crapware it tries to put on and then un-install the download manager thing. Not ideal, but I'm not a file upload/share guy, so dunno what I'm doing. Something like Mega would probably be better, but too tired to figure it out at the moment.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tried to PM you some links to a public share I made for these dat files, but I got blocked by the 10-post rule.
    Shoot me a PM w/ an email I can send the links to and I'll hook you up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    http://www.speedyshare.com/uekJp/71.DAT

http://www.speedyshare.com/QXt2Z/112.DAT

I have no idea if that will work, I've never used that website before, but I like it because I didn't have to register.

edit: I just tried it and it worked, but you gotta decline all the crapware it tries to put on and then un-install the download manager thing. Not ideal, but I'm not a file upload/share guy, so dunno what I'm doing. Something like Mega would probably be better, but too tired to figure it out at the moment.
    Thank you very much; my files are fixed now.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Glad it worked for you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think a file check won't fix certain types of breaks in files. IIRC, it only checks version number of the file, not a full checksum, so certain damage to the file can go undetected. Deleting the file and having it redownloaded may have also worked, just like deleting 0\0.DAT got redownloaded.