1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

You still have four savage titles to grind out, you're not done!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: WAR MT DPS from a while ago.

Finally got to try full STR accessories for T8 MT. Hit 246 DPS, didn't really get to try too much optimization. 255 seems a bit high but I guess maybe lucky crits / using a 2nd Xpot of STR or something would do it.

I'm i109 in STR gear so not much room for improvement gear-wise apart from HA Axe (which would probably be 9 DPS easy).

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

5th T9, yay for my Bow. BiS BRD done.

Also, T6 got raped.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

nm

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Renavi View Post
    An easy way to check would be if you use ACT, you can see how much you overheal. Obviously if you're putting Succor up before explosions it might be a little higher but it should be easy to tell. The only time me or my WHM needs Ballad is if there are multiple deaths, otherwise I Succor before DR, Adlo at the beginning of Mines/Dread, and Adlo the AF target. The only other time I use it is when we have our MT force pop a DR Tower between AF, just to make sure that + explosion + cleave + aa doesn't kill him somehow. We have the WHM remove the debuff as well, since they can get free Esuna's every once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    You probably are overhealing a bit. Only real time to adlo is to shield allagan field targets for or if someone gets a tower and has a stack already. Try to get more comfortable with the fight and your WHM and try to DPS in cleric stance when damage isn't going out en masse. You can essentially be an extra level 3 melee limit break and some change if you just pop bio1 and bio2 occassionally.
    Only the warrior in our static uses a PC. Everyone else is on a PS4, one's on a PS3. We do use ACT to check DPS numbers but that's about it, I think?

Anyway, I took you guys' advice and stopped using adlo that much. I still succor for DR and explosions, adlo for homing, mines and dread. Rest of the time I'm just spamming physick and trying to keep bio/SF up as much as possible. I have a lot more disposable MP now and the bard doesn't have to spend as much time on ballad, and is able to use paeon instead.

I'm doing around 33-ish DPS. Is it possible to push for more?

I think DPS wise we're fine, there was some mention about having enough DPS to push the fifth tower, but not enough for the final bits after it. I must honestly say I still don't fully understand the mechanics of this fight, so I leave the strategising up to them. We keep wiping on w6, somewhere between the 1st and 2nd AF. Initially, it was a problem with the way we were doing the towers. I think we kept ending with south and east towers popping at the same time causing us to wipe to atomic ray. We switched some people around so it's a bit more stable but I think the monk now has to do 2 towers in succession and there's only a 20 second window before something bad happens.

We're experiementing with having the knight do the south tower tonight.

This is us wiping. It's still bad, but at least we're able to constantly wipe at this point now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg6x...ature=youtu.be

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Most of your MP mismanagement comes from poor succor usage. You tend to follow every defensive reaction with succor even though Eos has regen ticking on the entire PT and no raid damage will follow shortly. Learn to utilize that regen. There's even an instance where you succor before a dreadnaught which makes no sense. Your aetherflow management is pretty poor at one point (From 220 to 300 of the video), so that's pretty much 800 MP dunked for no reason.

Tank the dreadnaughts on the Avatar so your entire PT can reduce the gaseous bomb damage.

Your group unnecessarily double stacks DPS which is why your healers had to spam the MNK and DRG. The MNK also fucks up and runs infront of a cleave. There's no reason to double stack players. Just have two go to dreads and that's pretty much all that's needed for the tower prior.

Your PLD, for as little as a PLD has to do, doesn't appear to be paying attention because he forces the defensive reaction tower when two members have half HP and mines active. Skipped around and find your PLD only used one rampart and HG in the span of about 6min into the fight. What a shitlord.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Our group does T8 using this strategy posted on reddit, we did it for the first time in less than a week of tries:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._the_easy_way/

It's maybe not optimal, but it's a very stable strategy as long as you don't skip tower 5 (we made the SCH to stop dpsing when we got to that point). Maybe it's too much of a change at this moment for your group, but I think this strategy makes the mechanics pretty easy to handle. If you have the DPS to do 2 tanks, it's a great way to do it in my opinion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Your group unnecessarily double stacks DPS which is why your healers had to spam the MNK and DRG. The MNK also fucks up and runs infront of a cleave. There's no reason to double stack players. Just have two go to dreads and that's pretty much all that's needed for the tower prior.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by double stacking DPS, are you meaning they should be standing separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Our group does T8 using this strategy posted on reddit, we did it for the first time in less than a week of tries:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._the_easy_way/

It's maybe not optimal, but it's a very stable strategy as long as you don't skip tower 5 (we made the SCH to stop dpsing when we got to that point). Maybe it's too much of a change at this moment for your group, but I think this strategy makes the mechanics pretty easy to handle. If you have the DPS to do 2 tanks, it's a great way to do it in my opinion.
    Interesting strat, though I don't think the group will be willing to change strats though. We almost got it tonight and are fairly confident we'll finally get it tomorrow.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Renori Ironer
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by The47thSen View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by double stacking DPS, are you meaning they should be standing separately?

Interesting strat, though I don't think the group will be willing to change strats though. We almost got it tonight and are fairly confident we'll finally get it tomorrow.

He means you're putting 2 debuffs onto one person for no reason. The second debuff hits much harder than the first. 1

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Maybe I'm ever so slightly biased as a SMN, but is there any real reason people do dreadnaught before damage on the very first tower? Popping it 45 seconds into the fight just seems so awkward to me, whereas 75 is lined up almost perfectly. I can do my raging strike dot contagion enkindle opening zerg combo, have a few moments where pretty much everything is on cooldown, then have contagion coming back up right before it spawns to make sure my dots have plenty of time to be worth baning over, rouse back up for Aerial Slash, and 3 more Aetherflow stacks coming in around ~85-90s if it's still not dead. Every other non-BLM DPS also has Inner Release coming back up right around that time too, for whatever that's worth.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Because a guide said so.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We do damage before dreadnaught

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Maybe I'm ever so slightly biased as a SMN, but is there any real reason people do dreadnaught before damage on the very first tower? Popping it 45 seconds into the fight just seems so awkward to me, whereas 75 is lined up almost perfectly. I can do my raging strike dot contagion enkindle opening zerg combo, have a few moments where pretty much everything is on cooldown, then have contagion coming back up right before it spawns to make sure my dots have plenty of time to be worth baning over, rouse back up for Aerial Slash, and 3 more Aetherflow stacks coming in around ~85-90s if it's still not dead. Every other non-BLM DPS also has Inner Release coming back up right around that time too, for whatever that's worth.
    We put one person into the AoE tower and let the dread spawn by default. I've always thought every other way was silly.

Also, haet you Judai. I still haven't seen a single brd head from t7 or neck from t8. Probably not downing t9 until the weekend either since my group is trying to down savage modes.

Speaking of which.. Am I the only one who thinks t7 savage might be potentially easier than t6? Comparing my groups damage output to the videos of t6 savage clears I feel like we're unnecessarily behind.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People Dread first because it gets your cooldowns rolling faster, generally. Whether or not this is beneficial depends on your group makeup.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Maybe I'm ever so slightly biased as a SMN, but is there any real reason people do dreadnaught before damage on the very first tower?
    Our reasoning is it's easier to deal with the the explosion + ballistic missile then dreadnaught + ballistic missile. Melee will be away from the group stack, throwing off ballistic missile, so you can do directional combos on the dreadnaught.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    5th T9, yay for my Bow.
    God damn; congrats. Our group's done like thirteen T9s now, and we still haven't seen a bow (or BLM staff). Fucking RNG is real.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

First dread doesn't really have a strict DPS check. We do one into Defensive tower and zero into dread. We just blow cool downs from the start.

2nd dread has a minor DPS check with the brain jack.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

We blow all our CDs at start and still pop Dread first cause who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    God damn; congrats. Our group's done like thirteen T9s now, and we still haven't seen a bow (or BLM staff). Fucking RNG is real.
    If it makes you feel better, our group has 2 BRDs and never saw a Bow in 30~ T5 kills. First Bow we saw was after the 2nd coil addition and we didn't even care about it since we had Levi Bows.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Our reasoning is it's easier to deal with the the explosion + ballistic missile then dreadnaught + ballistic missile. Melee will be away from the group stack, throwing off ballistic missile, so you can do directional combos on the dreadnaught.
    I was only taking specifically about the very first dread at the start of the fight. Everything after that our priority is mine>dread>damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    People Dread first because it gets your cooldowns rolling faster, generally. Whether or not this is beneficial depends on your group makeup.
    Pop all cooldowns immediately, having your 60s ones back up is way more than enough.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If I enter savage T6 and play around with it, am I able to exit and enter normal T6 after?

Edit: I hear the shortcut is shared between them?