1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
    Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Expect around T9+20 for T10-11 and and another +20 for T12-13, and I'm sure you won't be off much.

525+ should be fine for t10

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

I managed to knock out 340 DPS in T6 using a zenith weapon and a mix of allagan/myth/sycrus/HA gear. IL99. Did not use food or potions.

Should I be proud or hang up my summoner robes?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I finally beat t9 this weekend. So late to the party, at least I did it before echo.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I didnt step-foot in second coil pre-nerf, so now I'm learning the nerfed fights, call me casual whatever.

Whats the most common way of handling floral trap on T6? The group I was in the other day wanted the person with floral trap to run through raff, stand where the tank was, and then run back through to avoid getting devoured. Is that the "LoS" strategy? The rest of the mechanics of the fight I got, it just seems different groups do floral trap different ways.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Eidle View Post
    I didnt step-foot in second coil pre-nerf, so now I'm learning the nerfed fights, call me casual whatever.
    How dare you be this casual. I am offended. Please mend your filthy casual ways immediately.

(Seriously, do you actually think anyone here cares?)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    How dare you be this casual. I am offended. Please mend your filthy casual ways immediately.

(Seriously, do you actually think anyone here cares?)
    I'm sorry i'll go to my room and do 100 hail hydaelyn's

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yes, that's the LoS (Line of Sight) method (and the most common method). When the yellow thing no longer appears over your head, Raff has already decided where to turn, so by running to the opposite side (breaking his line of sight), nobody should get sucked in since he only sucks in a conal direction from where the yellow-marked person was standing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

With the Thorny Briar damage at this item level and echo, I'd assume you all could just sit in the Briars and scoff at the Spit damage. Just make sure you aren't in Rafflesia's face for her cleave (Bloody Carress).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

fuck the police if you LOS youre a scrub

i would also say if you stack renauds youre also a scrub but they really nerfed renauds that stack of not they're babbies

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I never set foot nto T7 pre-nerf but an somewhat saddened at how much petrification doesnt matter now. I was so bored learning the fight that I started a game of trying to petrify the tank with Voice without hitting Melusine. To be clear the tank was a friend on teamspeak lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Your friend probably didn't care much because in that fight tanks just bleed TP when they're main. The break probably helped.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Quote Originally Posted by Eidle View Post
    Whats the most common way of handling floral trap on T6? The group I was in the other day wanted the person with floral trap to run through raff, stand where the tank was, and then run back through to avoid getting devoured.
    All the LOS strats I read about on the english forums seem to require a lot of extra work. The way we do it, the person with the mark stands wherever they were, everyone else moves to tank. When the yellow mark disappears, dash to where tank is. You'll get stunned along the way but won't get devoured as long as you're past Raff's midway point. The other tank than provides and runs through.

Less coordination required, less places for errors. If you mess up, you're the only one that gets devoured.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I've had better luck DFing with the marked person running through, it also means 1 person is moving instead of 7, so DPS can keep knocking out flank/rear combos without any delay. Running to tank and then back through once the mark disappears isn't any harder, even DF shitters I've ran with haven't messed it up more than once in which case I just explain it and they get it down fine. Regardless, it shouldn't matter as long as you're clear which you're doing. Too many groups just throw out "los/run through and burn" and then instapull, so people who learned one way over the other get confused and fuck things up. If you can do one you can most definitely do the other method, you just need to know which you're doing.

Quick question for t10, is thrill of battle definitely needed for a war to take cyclonic solo? or would another dmg reduction cooldown work alone also? How much total dmg does it normally do an how much hp you think would be needed? I know it can be done just wondering what is the minimum needed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Quick question for t10, is thrill of battle definitely needed for a war to take cyclonic solo? or would another dmg reduction cooldown work alone also? How much total dmg does it normally do an how much hp you think would be needed? I know it can be done just wondering what is the minimum needed.
    Not sure of exact but I think Cyclonic is about 10-12k/number of people. I haven't seen a lot of solo eats of it especially from a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I dont think you can solo, since Cyclone does about 90k dmg in my experience.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by amadouche View Post
    I dont think you can solo, since Cyclone does about 90k dmg in my experience.
    Cyclone is literally nowhere near 90k damage. I've eaten one with 2 people including myself with Sentinel up and I'm pretty confident I could've eaten it solo.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Its 10-12k damage for sure. 3 people manage it very easily. Why would you want to solo it? I would recommend saving CDs for the charge.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Cyclone is literally nowhere near 90k damage. I've eaten one with 2 people including myself with Sentinel up and I'm pretty confident I could've eaten it solo.
    I honestly thought it was a 90k server error joke